ADVERTISEMENT

Penn St. Lehigh

Can anyone explain why Kasak was called for an illegal hold in the third? He had double unders and they called it illegal because he locked his hands? Not sure I've ever seen that called. Kasak didn't seem to know why it was illegal either.

Can anyone explain why Kasak was called for an illegal hold in the third? He had double unders and they called it illegal because he locked his hands? Not sure I've ever seen that called. Kasak didn't seem to know why it was illegal either.
I’m on radio. Byers said because he was straight on and not out to the side

Reactions: jtothemfp
He locked in the middle of the back, I think they said the lock has to be to the side. I learned something new today

He locked in the middle of the back, I think they said the lock has to be to the side. I learned something new today
Yeah, me too! Seems like it would be a subjective call. What differentiates "to the side?" One side of spine, or just because he had his opponent's head tucked down in front of his chest? If the head was under the armpit, would it be legal? I wonder if this applies in a short offense scenario, as well, where one wrestler’s knees are on the mat.

Reactions: hlstone
This immediate count on the ankle is limiting scoring opportunities even more from the top position

Reactions: Sleepylion
After the Haines match, Cael did not look happy when he stood up and turned to go to the tunnel area

Haines looked better as the bout progressed. Overall, was a little surprised how easily Brignola got to Haines' leg.

Last edited:
Then what was the cause of the adrenaline dump a couple of times at the Black Knightmetimes it's okay to question some things about our wrestlers.
Thank you for Lett me know you are ok with questions. Come off your high horse.

Mesenbrink vs Logan.
Mitch drops in on single leg Logan fighting it off now scrambling and then stalemate called.
Mitch stalking him. Under minute left. Mitch gets td in short time. Slick move by Mitch. 3-0 after one. Mitch goes down and gets ecape.now Mitch gets td. 7-0. Cuts Logan 7-1. Minute left in petiod. Mitch with another TD 10-1. Stall on Logan period ends. Neutral to start the 3rd. Low single Mitch TD. 13-1. Cuts logan. 14-2. Then Mitch gets TD and tech fall.

Last edited:
We're wrestling like warmed over crap
Let's see:

The Steen bout went about as expected; i.e., a close match. No one should be real surprised that Seymour won.

Crookham is really good and used his counters against Nagger's low shots to win. The score was little disappointing, but no shock whatsoever that Crookham won.

Bartlett was a bit sloppy early, which is very uncharacteristic, but overall controlled the match and won by MD. Really not much to complain about.

Kasak was wrestling up a weight and was undersized relative to the opponent. Wouldn't have expected more than a win by decision, though the edge wrestling and 3rd period gassing weren't pretty.

Haines looked sluggish the first half of the match. Didn't like the escape he gave up late in the 1st period, and the opponent got to his leg several times. But he controlled the last half of the bout.

Messenbrink dominates, winning by TF.

And as I type this, CStar with a fall (was a late call, looked like the ref wanted to see the Lehigh guy suffer).

Also, I willing to give Lehigh some credit.

Truax vs Wilt
Bernie sweet ankle pick 3-0
Bernie riding tough. Has cradle locked up. Cant turn him over 1 minute rt. Reversal 3-2 then escape Bernie. Period ends 4-2. Bernie goes down. Quick escape 5-2. Rt at 1:04.
Bernie low single gets td 8-2. Bernie riding goes or 2 minutescrt. Stall call on Wilt. Period ends. Wilt chooses Neutral. Bernie with td. Has cradle locked up but no turn. Ecape then quick td Bernie v14-3. Cuts him 14-4. Stall call on wilt then td as period ends. With RT Gets TF!

Last edited:
Cochran vs Beard
Lucas in deep Beard heavy hips. Nothing back to their feet. Now beard get go behind TD 3-0
Beard cuts him 3-1. 51 secs of rt. Period ends. Beard goes down. Beard esc 4-1. Beard go behind td. 6-1. Esc Luke 7-2.Luke in Beard heavy hips and goes behind 10 -2. Esc 10-3. Period ends. Luke goes down. Escape Luke 10-4. TD Beard then escape. And td Beard 16-6 then TD beard match ends 20-6

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw and mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT