ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Penn State adds Tennessee transfer guard Freddie Dilione

I like his height at 6-5, but he's going to have to put on a lot of weight to beat our Wormly or Ioane at Guard.

200w.gif

I like his height at 6-5, but he's going to have to put on a lot of weight to beat our Wormly or Ioane at Guard.

200w.gif
Not too much weight. He is about the size of Nick Kern, less 15lbs or so, and Nick has done well.

it was a joke. I read the thread stating we had a new guard so I said he's not going to be able to beat out the starting FOOTBALL guards if he is going to play.

I know, if you have to explain the joke, it isn't funny.
hey-im-trying.gif
A for effort and participation.

• Haha
Reactions: Obliviax
it was a joke. I read the thread stating we had a new guard so I said he's not going to be able to beat out the starting FOOTBALL guards if he is going to play.

hey-im-trying.gif
Well, if some of us weren't a bit slow you wouldn't have to explain it.

hey-im-trying.gif
He’s no good. He has narrow shoulders. We’ll see who gets this.

hey-im-trying.gif
No but this post is... 😂

hey-im-trying.gif
Or if your like me you skip the article to read the boards take…I was hoping he was a real road grader. I guess not.

Not too much weight. He is about the size of Nick Kern, less 15lbs or so, and Nick has done well.
IMO Nick Kern is incredibly athletic but young with a thin body. He gained some confidence as last year progressed but he's still a light weight for somebody who wants to score by taking the ball to the rim. It's also easy for stronger opponents to back him into the paint. I hope he gets stronger over the summer.

Reactions: GregInPitt
IMO Nick Kern is incredibly athletic but young with a thin body. He gained some confidence as last year progressed but he's still a light weight for somebody who wants to score by taking the ball to the rim. It's also easy for stronger opponents to back him into the paint. I hope he gets stronger over the summer.
I've never heard about how the PSU BB S&C "program" is run, but coach Rhoades needs to up the muscle/weight gain targets for Kerns, Dilione and the "bigs" he has coming in.

It would seem that in the proper S&C program Kerns could put on 15 lbs of muscle and not lose any of the quickness and agility that makes him so effective on offense and perimeter defense, but then allow him to defend stronger players more effectively down low.

Wonder if any of the 2024 class recruits are enrolling early enough to do some body transformation before the start of Fall practice....

Last edited:
Agreed with him getting backed into the post. That did hurt him on defense. His quickness and athletic ability made up for his light weight.

Reactions: GregInPitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT