ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State CB Johnny Dixon opts-out of Peach Bowl

Some mocks have him in the first now. Easy decision. I think he'll be better than King at the next level.

Reactions: rcy4499
he was the unsung player on that defense along with Hardy......... wish him the best of luck. Was hoping that he would go unnoticed in the draft and the Steelers could draft very quietly in the 4th round........ not going to happen now. great year for Dixon.....
Steelers might get him in the first

Reactions: PSU Soupy
Time for the fans to op out .
Time for the dumbasses in the insurance industry through NIL to provide insurance coverage to participants in bowl games. For God sakes the likelihood of getting injured is so miniscule that All participants could be covered for a pittance.

There is a simple solution to some of these things. But look at who's at the wheel of this Juggernaut of stupidity.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
Time for the dumbasses in the insurance industry through NIL to provide insurance coverage to participants in bowl games. For God sakes the likelihood of getting injured is so miniscule that All participants could be covered for a pittance.

There is a simple solution to some of these things. But look at who's at the wheel of this Juggernaut of stupidity.
Can’t players get that type of insurance coverage already?

The insurance doesn't cover the full amount they lose

Notre Dame linebacker Jaylon Smith suffered a significant knee injury in the 2016 Fiesta Bowl that cost him an estimated $20 million in first-round money. Smith was eventually drafted in the second round but placed on injured reserve by the Dallas Cowboys his rookie season. He later collected $700,000 as part of a loss-of-draft value insurance policy -- significantly short of that $20 million.

interesting he's playing in the senior bowl but not the peach bowl
Senior Bowl is spending a week with an NFL coaching staff and an infinite number of scouts
Peach Bowl has scouts but it's really just about adding film--he doesn't need more film

Senior Bowl is spending a week with an NFL coaching staff and an infinite number of scouts
Peach Bowl has scouts but it's really just about adding film--he doesn't need more film

Dixon's draft status will hinge on the combine. He's got good film. I didn't realize evals were saying 1st round now, but I think how fast he runs is going to play a big part in where he goes.

I'd much rather see our young guys get the reps vs Ole Miss. We might need to hit the portal. Good audition.

Can’t players get that type of insurance coverage already?
Absolutely, but if stooge NIL groups like the Fl Gators are willing to through up $14,000,000 (that they don't have to try to snag a 17 year old quarterback) It would seem a simple way to discourage opt outs. It wouldn't even require the bimbo conference leaders to do anything. Doing nothing is what they do best.

Thanks Johnny for opting out of our bowl but playing in a senior bowl. 😡
If we're disappointed about Dixon skipping the bowl game for his professional aspirations, what do South Carolina fans think about his departure?

If not for that new fangled transfer portal, he wouldn't have been able to go from 2 seasons at South Carolina directly to 3 seasons at Penn State. He helped himself and he helped Penn State.

Best wishes and thanks, Johnny.

Reactions: bison13
Dixon's draft status will hinge on the combine. He's got good film. I didn't realize evals were saying 1st round now, but I think how fast he runs is going to play a big part in where he goes.

I'd much rather see our young guys get the reps vs Ole Miss. We might need to hit the portal. Good audition.
I’ve seen reports and mock drafts of him being anywhere from the fourth to the 12th cornerback being roughly pick 20 to 75 winning in the first three rounds. I think 20 is too high but I also think 75 is a little low. If he has a really good time and lateral movement drills, then I could see him sneaking in the first round.

I’ve seen reports and mock drafts of him being anywhere from the fourth to the 12th cornerback being roughly pick 20 to 75 winning in the first three rounds. I think 20 is too high but I also think 75 is a little low. If he has a really good time and lateral movement drills, then I could see him sneaking in the first round.

DBU! Baybee!

That would be great--then the bowls can truly die
Why should the Bowl Games die ? I think they are all great ! Teams get practice time for players who got little development time during season , next players up can play if draftees opt out ! I see no reason to kill bowls .. players still get to go have fun as a reward for successful season !!
Only down side is committee afraid of SEC and scumbag Saban .. hopefully he soon retirees or just dies in a fire.

Why should the Bowl Games die ? I think they are all great ! Teams get practice time for players who got little development time during season , next players up can play if draftees opt out ! I see no reason to kill bowls .. players still get to go have fun as a reward for successful season !!
Only down side is committee afraid of SEC and scumbag Saban .. hopefully he soon retirees or just dies in a fire.
The committee is basically irrelevant to bowls or at least will be next year.
If we want to talk about the bowls as only a reward and we aren't going to criticize guys that opt out I'm on board. We just can't continue to claim the outcome matters or attack those that opt out.

interesting he's playing in the senior bowl but not the peach bowl
Senior Bowl is a showcase for NFL scouts that watch all the pregame practices and interact with the players. It would seem that there's more potential $ value for Dixon going to the Sr Bowl practices and playing in that game than in the Peach Bowl, although most of the PSU players going to the draft seem to put a great deal of personal value just playing with their team mates in their last college game opportunity......

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13
The committee is basically irrelevant to bowls or at least will be next year.
If we want to talk about the bowls as only a reward and we aren't going to criticize guys that opt out I'm on board. We just can't continue to claim the outcome matters or attack those that opt out.
I am aligned with that …

Reactions: LandoComando
Or just dies in a fire !?!?!
You are a sick and shameful SOB.
I wish you a happy and healthy new year. Perhaps you will learn a little human decency.

Or just dies in a fire !?!?!
You are a sick and shameful SOB.
I wish you a happy and healthy new year. Perhaps you will learn a little human decency.
Relax Nancy it was humor😂. But I am still a sick and shameful SOB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT