ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State defeats Utah 35-21 in the Rose Bowl

Damn Pittsburgh cable. Three stations switched over to the NFL game including two of the ESPN channels I get. I was looking forward to watching the trophy presentation. Bastards
Go Bills

Damn Pittsburgh cable. Three stations switched over to the NFL game including two of the ESPN channels I get. I was looking forward to watching the trophy presentation. Bastards
Can still listen to it. That’s what I’m doing.

Great for Clifford as offensive MVP.

And also Brown, who played his ass off this season. He'll be tough to replace.

But great to see Mustipher with the Rose Bown Champion Trophy. He came back to set PSU in the right direction, knowing that his injury derailed last season starting with the Iowa game. And there he is, anchoring a defense that helped PSU win 11 games. Hope he continues to develop his game and has a long NFL career.

Oh, and how about the We Are's that Brown led during the post game trophy presentations......

Other observations:

- KLS still has some potential to develop into a #1 WR for 2023

- We'll miss Tinsley. Just a solid route runner with pretty sure hands.

- It was Singleton's day, but him and Allen are going to lead the PSU ground game to some poundings in the next 2 years.

- Hope Dixon returns to team up with King and Duck to form a great cover CB group and give Diaz the man to man coverage he needs to send the house at QB's. Wilson has played well at times despite getting taken advantage of a few times tonight. and I look for a true freshman CB to step up and play as well. It seems that Brown may be harder to replace than Porter in the secondary, so we either need Ellis to come back and take another step up (he played well tonight) and/or a couple young Safety's to continue to improve going into 2023.

- TE's played great tonight. Hope both Johnson and Warren return for 2023, which would make the position a position of strength again in 2023. But even with Warren as the #1 it would seem we could expect Dinkins and one of Cross and the true freshmen to step up and still form a very good unit.

- I hope Franklin and Scott actually do have a plan to get bigger along the DL.....

- Also hope Franklin celebrates for a day or two and then works some magic to get 2 top portal WR's enrolled for Spring semester.....

Edit: Couple of old co-worker friends that are Pitt fans kept texting $hit to me today about B10 being weak based upon Purdue getting rolled (forgetting to mention their QB and leader not playing, new coach, ... and tough matchup) and other nonsense. Also forgetting to mention that Pitt actually had the ACC's best win considering their other "big" win was over a 6-7 OK team. But low and behold my phone went dead around 7:30.....

Last edited:
We were #9 AP. We will jump #8 USC (lost 46-45 to Tulane) and #7 Utah. #10 Clemson and #11 KSU both lost. #7 seems inevitable. Not jumping #5 Alabama or #6 Tennessee.

Already #7 in Coach’s. Not moving there. Same six ahead.

Do they even re-rank the CFP rankings? They’re a crock anyway because they prioritize conference champions when all else is equal.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Yeah, seems almost certain to end 7. can’t see Ohio St lower than us given how close their game was and head to head. Washington won’t leap up. Tenn and Bama will stay in front of us.
I seem to remember the voters almost never have moved any playoff team below #4 in the past, which is bull$hit as why shoudn't Bama and/or UT or PSU move past oh-high-ya when teams that lose usually end up behind team with same record that lost earlier. But this year with the playoff games as close as they were it makes sense. And with Bama and UT both winning #7 seems like the ceiling....

I love games where I can sit back in my couch and enjoy the remaining moments (or half quarter in this case). Not to mention the lack of screaming at the television (save for the first series).

Glad JF and Manny were able to pull it all together and thanks to the guys who declared and still played.

And finally, glad we saw "good Clifford" shine today. The whole team performance made me (mostly) forget about their previous horrendous loss against USC in 2018.

Reactions: GregInPitt
I love games where I can sit back in my couch and enjoy the remaining moments (or half quarter in this case). Not to mention the lack of screaming at the television (save for the first series).

Glad JF and Manny were able to pull it all together and thanks to the guys who declared and still played.

And finally, glad we saw "good Clifford" shine today. The whole team performance made me (mostly) forget about their previous horrendous loss against USC in 2018.

Looks like you forgot the year it took place at least (2017).

We actually didn't play a bowl game calendar year 2018. The 2017 season ended with the Fiesta bowl December 30 2017 and then the 2018 season ended with the Citrus bowl on Jan 1 2019.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT