ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State Freshmen Intros -- Top in-state RB London Montgomery

It is interesting, to me, that CJF has had good success juggling multiple RBs on the team. Back when Saquon was the generational RB and Miles Sanders came in as a great RB nobody seemed upset. London, great name BTW, could be in a good spot to be developed even if PSU has another 5-star on the roster. CJF hasn't had the same luck with QBs though.

It is interesting, to me, that CJF has had good success juggling multiple RBs on the team. Back when Saquon was the generational RB and Miles Sanders came in as a great RB nobody seemed upset. London, great name BTW, could be in a good spot to be developed even if PSU has another 5-star on the roster. CJF hasn't had the same luck with QBs though.
I think it's easier with RB because most recognize today that lower mileage from a shared load in college is a ticket to longer big time success in the league. QB, that's another story. Those high 4 and 5 star guys that are willing to wait their turn are rare.

Was very disappointed for the young man to have lost both his senior year football and track seasons. He crushed it on the gridiron as a junior, and ran a handheld 10.8 100 meters last year, as well as winning states in the 200. With all the rehabbing that he has been doing and will likely continue to do, it wouldn;t surprise me if he comes back even faster.

Has anyone seen the track times of DB Mack from Florida, believed he was the previous 400 M State Champ with sub 47 seconds?

Was very disappointed for the young man to have lost both his senior year football and track seasons. He crushed it on the gridiron as a junior, and ran a handheld 10.8 100 meters last year, as well as winning states in the 200. With all the rehabbing that he has been doing and will likely continue to do, it wouldn;t surprise me if he comes back even faster.
SO true this kid is special and very fast.

Has anyone seen the track times of DB Mack from Florida, believed he was the previous 400 M State Champ with sub 47 seconds?
Can't find anything on Dyestat for 2023. Maybe he is concentrating on preparing for college football. Too bad. I think kids who stay in school should participate in their chosen spring sport. He had some awesome 400 meter times as a junior.

Reactions: CattyGuy51
Agree but look back a little further at Cain, Ford, Slade.

Somewhat related -- Michael Penix, Jr, the IU Quarterback who reached for that late TD vs Penn State, is about to start his 6th year of college football, as a highly rated QB at Washington. And he's listed as a Junior.

Time moves on, sometimes slowly.
He's been listed as a Junior his whole life

Reactions: royboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT