ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State will smoke DuhOSU

Would have been a great year to play Ohio State the first couple weeks of the season. We're definitely ahead of them but lots can change. Ohio State-Notre Dame will tell us a lot.

Lol a RB from UD took it 66 yards today. I’m sure OSU has someone better than him.

Reactions: bdgan
Lol a RB from UD took it 66 yards today. I’m sure OSU has someone better than him.
He didn’t take it 66 yards because he was better than PSU, he did it because there was a defensive break down (which happens to all teams). I doubt PSU has a defensive breakdown every play against OSU.

Reactions: bison13
So to recap, their starting RB ran for 47 yards against Indiana and a whopping 56 against Youngstown state.
How many carries? Honest question
If we're talking less than 10 in each game it's a non issue. If he had 15+ both weeks they're screwed.

Would have been a great year to play Ohio State the first couple weeks of the season. We're definitely ahead of them but lots can change. Ohio State-Notre Dame will tell us a lot.
I always thought that OSU would take a very small step backwards this season, which means that they’d maybe lose two Big 10 games. Right now, PSU appears to be better than OSU. While I expect OSU to become better offensively, they’re not going to approach this season what they were able to do with Stroud.

If we're talking less than 10 in each game it's a non issue. If he had 15+ both weeks they're screwed.
5. Pretty good number for only five carries, until you look deeper and see that 6 total players had carries and three of them had more carries than the starting running back. And they went for 25,20 and nine.

Henderson only carried the ball 5 times today. Not quite sure why people are focusing on yards and scores this early as almost all teams playing cupcakes are seeing what many of the backups can do. That offense is dynamic - it's the defense (as many have pointed out) that will determine the OSU season. Today? Who knows as that was sh!t Youngstown State they were up against

The problem for the OSU offense right now is trying to get 3 new starters working together on the OL. To be honest, I'm just relaying info that I've picked up on their sites and their fans as I've been watching the NC State - ND game which is a very good one so far. Just don't have any interest in watching mismatches this early as it tells us very little about either team

Last edited:
Do the bucknutts have a RB?
They have plenty of running backs. They have to put together an offensive line from a roster of 5 star offensive linemen, which they usually do very well by mid-season. Make no mistake, Ohio State will be Ohio State by the time Penn State plays them. If Ryan Day loses to either PSU or Michigan this year he's toast.

• Haha
Reactions: ivan brunetti
5. Pretty good number for only five carries, until you look deeper and see that 6 total players had carries and three of them had more carries than the starting running back. And they went for 25,20 and nine.
Yeah he averaged over 10 a carry. That's not bad. Our backs were great today and didn't average that.

They have plenty of running backs. They have to put together an offensive line from a roster of 5 star offensive linemen, which they usually do very well by mid-season. Make no mistake, Ohio State will be Ohio State by the time Penn State plays them. If Ryan Day loses to either PSU or Michigan this year he's toast.
This 100%.

Henderson only carried the ball 5 times today. Not quite sure why people are focusing on yards and scores this early as almost all teams playing cupcakes are seeing what many of the backups can do. That offense is dynamic - it's the defense (as many have pointed out) that will determine the OSU season. Today? Who knows as that was sh!t Youngstown State they were up against

The problem for the OSU offense right now is trying to get 3 new starters working together on the OL. To be honest, I'm just relaying info that I've picked up on their sites and their fans as I've been watching the NC State - ND game which is a very good one so far. Just don't have any interest in watching mismatches this early as it tells us very little about either team
Dude had 47 yards against Indiana on 12 carries. And again they had five players rush. And one of them had more yards on less carries…. They have no RB. So yeah, if you want to get technical, DhuOSU has like five running backs. Not sure how that’s gonna work out.

No he is not. If Day loses to UM again his seat will start to get warm. That aside he has an excellent overall record. You have to look at the whole body of work.

Dude had 47 yards against Indiana on 12 carries. And again they had five players rush. And one of them had more yards on less carries…. They have no RB. So yeah, if you want to get technical, DhuOSU has like five running backs. Not sure how that’s gonna work out.
You do realize that many teams - including PSU, UM and OSU - are trying to play as many players as possible right now against the cupcakes to give everyone a chance, right? It's not about stats and points this early in the season

He didn’t take it 66 yards because he was better than PSU, he did it because there was a defensive break down (which happens to all teams). I doubt PSU has a defensive breakdown every play against OSU.
A team like UD relies solely on defensive breakdowns to get plays like that. OSU has a pulse and players who are as good or better than PSU. They can score like that without a breakdown.

Just looked at Michigan's halftime box score and they're up 21-0 with Edwards having 5 carries for 8 total yards and Corum 11 carries for 46 yards. Would not surprise me to see them pulled if Michigan tacks a couple of more TDs on the board. Stats don't mean crap right now and certainly less than taking a chance of a major injury in a garbage game

A team like UD relies solely on defensive breakdowns to get plays like that. OSU has a pulse and players who are as good or better than PSU. They can score like that without a breakdown.
63-7.

You do realize that many teams - including PSU, UM and OSU - are trying to play as many players as possible right now against the cupcakes to give everyone a chance, right? It's not about stats and points this early in the season
Stats? You should probably have a RB that could rush for AT LEAST more than half a hundo against sub par competition… if you gotta throw three or four out there NOW…you’re in trouble.

Stats? You should probably have a RB that could rush for AT LEAST more than half a hundo against sub par competition… if you gotta throw three or four out there NOW…you’re in trouble.
Lol he did on 5 carries apparently today. What are you talking about?

PSU defense has major issues between the tackles. We don’t have DT that can hold up at point of attack. To make maters worse LB’s are out of position. It’s really the only weakness I see on the team. But it’s a big big weakness.

Reactions: KnightWhoSaysNit
PSU defense has major issues between the tackles. We don’t have DT that can hold up at point of attack. To make maters worse LB’s are out of position. It’s really the only weakness I see on the team. But it’s a big big weakness.
Good thing we’re allowed to score points too.

What are you talking about? OSU had MAJOR RB injuries last year and lost their top 2 - Henderson and Pryor (out for the whole year) - and eventually Williams was banged up before the Playoffs. Henderson (RB #1) was hurt in one of the first games last year and was never up to full speed the whole year. They are not about to get those guys hurt again against chump competition and they spread the carries around to others

Corum and Edwards of Michigan ran for a COMBINED total of 89 yards against UNLV. According to you they're a couple of chumps. But take a look at the list of players that OSU and UM got to play which is the main purpose of these early garbage games - not individual stats or the score. And everybody made it through the game healthy

What are you talking about? OSU had MAJOR RB injuries last year and lost their top 2 - Henderson and Pryor (out for the whole year) - and eventually Williams was banged up before the Playoffs. Henderson (RB #1) was hurt in one of the first games last year and was never up to full speed the whole year. They are not about to get those guys hurt again against chump competition and they spread the carries around to others

Corum and Edwards of Michigan ran for a COMBINED total of 89 yards against UNLV. According to you they're a couple of chumps. But take a look at the list of players that OSU and UM got to play which is the main purpose of these early garbage games - not individual stats or the score. And everybody made it through the game healthy
You spend an awful lot of time and posts defending all things Ohio St for someone who claims not to be an Ohio St fanboy.

You spend an awful lot of time and posts defending all things Ohio St for someone who claims not to be an Ohio St fanboy.
Who cares what you think ? I'm still posting. If you don't like what I post, put me on ignore. This is not your board - plain and simple. I'll keep posting as long as I don't attack anyone and there isn't anything you can do about it.

Who cares what you think ? I'm still posting. If you don't like what I post, put me on ignore. This is not your board - plain and simple. I'll keep posting as long as I don't attack anyone and there isn't anything you can do about it.
People here don't comprehend people can be a fan of not just Penn State but also college football. The inability of many to grasp that is comical. Ohio State has been less impressive than Penn State so far but pretending Ohio State isn't going to fined a back is laughable and desperate. The inferiority complex is pathetic to the point they can't give others credit.

People here don't comprehend people can be a fan of not just Penn State but also college football. The inability of many to grasp that is comical. Ohio State has been less impressive than Penn State so far but pretending Ohio State isn't going to fined a back is laughable and desperate. The inferiority complex is pathetic to the point they can't give others credit.
The key to a really good board - IMO - is to look at all different point of views and I try to be honest about all the B1G teams. Like you said, some just can't handle that. I always try to give PSU credit when they really do well.

I'm a graduate of Northwestern but have kids and relatives that went to OSU and believe me, I'll rip into them when I feel they deserve it and I've really ripped into their putrid defense over the last few years on this and other B1G sites. I do not lose sleep when OSU loses - believe that

Who cares who’s hurt. You have no running game.

If Ohio State hasn’t found their back two games in against competition that amounts to luzerne county community college , they’re fvucked. You think the coach is like “ you got 10 yards , you’re done “ …. Because he has a back?

If Ohio State hasn’t found their back two games in against competition that amounts to luzerne county community college , they’re fvucked. You think the coach is like “ you got 10 yards , you’re done “ …. Because he has a back?
It will take 1/2 season for the QB and the OL to get it together. Unlike past years, OSU will go as far as the D takes them, not the offense. I still think they lose 2 games among UM, ND and PSU and fail to make the playoffs. Hope that I am wrong.

Again--5 carries for 56 yards--they have no concern about him
Singleton nor Allen broke a 20 yard run today and needed far more carries to get 56 yards--I have zero concern about either of them.
Against teams like YSU and Delaware I don't think you should play many of your stars. Ohio State was far more worried about their pass game after the Indiana game--hence the obvious game plan

Again--5 carries for 56 yards--they have no concern about him
Singleton nor Allen broke a 20 yard run today and needed far more carries to get 56 yards--I have zero concern about either of them.
Against teams like YSU and Delaware I don't think you should play many of your stars. Ohio State was far more worried about their pass game after the Indiana game--hence the obvious game plan
It’s well known that Singleton and Allen split carries. DuhOSU can’t find four that can do what Penn States two can.

It’s well known that Singleton and Allen split carries. DuhOSU can’t find four that can do what Penn States two can.
What are you about. While splitting carries both needed more than 5 catches to get 56 yards against an FCS team. The fact you don't think Ohio State can find a RB rivals people saying Prime can't win at Colorado and WVU will win 8 games this year as the worst comment of the year. Wait, people also thought Illinois struggling with Toledo didn't mean anything and WVU is far better than ECU. Lots of dumb things being said so far this year.

Don’t know why you’re adding catches, but 150 between two is Better than 85 with four.
What are you talking about? Look at their top back. Use our top backs and see how many yards they had after 5 touches today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT