ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State Wrestling Coach Cael Sanderson Press Conference Before Rider and Lehigh

Well as usual you can take the Cael's comments and run with them in any direction your mind wants to take you. The same goes w.r.t. Claw vs Levi. He genuinely has confidence in both, and validates Terrell has jumped a level from last year in Cael's eyes. The comments about getting us ready for March could apply to either one. I feel pretty confident Levi will get his free 5 matches in (3 remaining). I would love to see him Sunday, but I get the sense they don't want to rush him out against a top 10 guy too soon. Given the choice I think I would rather see him in the Iowa dual. Is it too much to want both?

Reactions: mcpat
He talks about the All-Star Classic, Army tournament, about Brooks, is asked about Levi, in typical Cael fashion - not much actual information, also talks about Greg’s improvement, Carter’s toughness.

A brief appearance by Seth Nevills in the background during Cael’s interview. Nice to have a guy like him in the room. He could start at many other programs.

I'd say Haines beating Barraclough if Barraclough jumped levels from last year is quite a good sign. I think Cael tends to send true freshman if they are ready to score a ton of points (unless it's a planned redshirt everyone year like 2010, 2015)

I don't think Haines totally showed that yet as today but that very well can change.

Reactions: mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT