ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State Wrestling /Coaching Staff Matches Video Vault

Obviously still fun to watch in freestyle, but folkstyle DT will probably always be my favorite watch as a fan. He truly was a magician out there.

Reactions: NittanyLion84
I got to know Bill Koll a bit while at PSU. He used to come to practice occasionally and watch. Always great to chat with and a legend! It was amazing how many wrestlers didn't know his wrestling legacy. Most only knew of his coaching creds. One of the all-time greats for sure.

I got to know Bill Koll a bit while at PSU. He used to come to practice occasionally and watch. Always great to chat with and a legend! It was amazing how many wrestlers didn't know his wrestling legacy. Most only knew of his coaching creds. One of the all-time greats for sure.
Not just his wrestling legacy. How many wrestlers know that he was one of the guys in the first wave to hit Omaha Beach? That tells me even more about him than his wrestling and coaching career.

Aaron Brooks vs Abe Assad(Iowa) - 2020 184LBS Dual Meet

Of note as both being freshman, Assad entered this match ranked #8 and Brooks entered ranked #10. One career went straight up and the other went nowhere. I wonder why it turned out that way?😉 JTS predicted this result rather early and I believe he got told he didn’t know what he was talking about.🤣

agree I was 125 my senior yr and tried to cut to 95 got to 96 and that was it I should have wrestled 112 or 120 my senior yr all that weight cut cost me at the end of the yr!
I cut from123 to 103 senior yr. Made 105 for states, and 2 days later weighed 133. My brother called that day and said, "Let's go to an open tournament next week! You can wrestle 115!" So I lost 18 pounds between Monday and Friday and wrestled.
Zain Retherford vs Josh Dziewa(Iowa) - 2013 Dual Meet at 141LBS

These guys have something in common. Both transferred after their Sophomore year to other schools and were forced to sit out their Jr years. Of course, both won states their Sr yr, too. Dziewa transferred from Pennsbury to Council Rock South and Pennsbury wouldn't sign off on the transfer. His dad was a D1 champ from Pennsbury, too .

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT