ADVERTISEMENT

Pepper Hamilton officially done with Freeh

And thus they divest themselves of any liability associated with Freeh's firm prior to the merger. I wonder how much, if any, having to turn over all those documents that were subpoenaed played a role. Maybe their review of the documents as they gathered them uncovered something they were surprised to discover.

And thus they divest themselves of any liability associated with Freeh's firm prior to the merger. I wonder how much, if any, having to turn over all those documents that were subpoenaed played a role. Maybe their review of the documents as they gathered them uncovered something they were surprised to discover.
Not entirely. Stay tuned

5ccdb80c79e2e7ce1d4e39885c2530d3.jpg

Reactions: Ski
Let's be Machiavellian about this:

1) Reed Smith has represented the university in this mess, at times. They know where the bodies are buried.

2) Pepper, due to its association with Freeh, is wounded.

3) Reed plays hardball with Pepper. Knows what is coming. Says to Pepper, you sell to us now, or we sell you down the river later.

4) Reed gets Pepper on favorable terms, and Freeh gets cut loose.

Reed and PSU are then in a position to go after Freeh later, if/when needed.

I made that all up, but it seems plausible. Out of the blue, Reed Smith is talking to Pepper about merging.

Last edited:
Could not agree more. In fact, when the final words are written on this sorry saga.........trying to take down Joe will have proved "A Bridge Too Far" for the conspirators.

many years ago when the scandal was in its infant months, and the scoundrels on the BoT were having their way, I opined that it was ironic that they would brag about leading a flagship institute of higher learning, yet treat the alumni like we were complete idiots.

they completely underestimated who WE ARE

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT