ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburgh Catholic Pipeline

Good read about our work in this school.

Highlights '26 LB recruit Colsen Gatten (son of former 90s LB Aaron), Smith and his prowess in the Pittsburgh area.
OT…the position switch with Aaron Gatten always annoyed me. Came in as a DB and was a HS track sprinting star. PSU turned him into basically being a backup LB while those late 90s PSU teams struggled to find capable DBs.

If someone else was back there vs. the Gophers in ‘99…

why can't Pittsburg catholic develop wide receivers?
For the class of 2026, there is not 1 WR listed among the top players for the states of PA, NJ, MD and DC.

VA has 3, the highest rated already committed to Rutgers. OH has 4 including the state's 4th rated player form Hoban in Akron.

We need Hagans and AK to demonstrate the ability to develop the talents of the WR's that we have. That would seem to be our most expeditious pathway to attracting the elite talent that we all desire.

Dave already mentioned Gonzalez being a Central alum as I was about to post the same so I added some WR background recruiting information that I was also researching...

Never heard of this kid. WR prospect from Connecticut.
Well, he is being recruited by our WR coach Hagans. So if he wants him....

We need MH and all of our coaches on the offensive side of the ball to help our players be successful. It would be nice to see that if we lose any coaches on offense that it's because they are being coveted for a promotion.

Reactions: lazydave841
OT…the position switch with Aaron Gatten always annoyed me. Came in as a DB and was a HS track sprinting star. PSU turned him into basically being a backup LB while those late 90s PSU teams struggled to find capable DBs.

If someone else was back there vs. the Gophers in ‘99…
Played against him in high school and he was always a linebacker. He was not recruited by anybody to be a defensive back.

Played against him in high school and he was always a linebacker.
Never watched him play, but remember articles saying he was DB in HS. As for always being a LB, that is news to the following:
He was not recruited by anybody to be a defensive back.
With how his career and the team’s seasons played out, I’d say I know at one team that would have been better served by considering another position.

Well, he is being recruited by our WR coach Hagans. So, if he wants him....

We need MH and all of our coaches on the offensive side of the ball to help our players be successful. It would be nice to see that if we lose any coaches on offense that it's because they are being coveted for a promotion.
He lacks speed which has kept pretty much all the top 10 schools away except PS. He seems to be a possession type receiver which we seem to have plenty of, but his size is good but is not overly athletic. I'm disappointed that Hagans has not done all that well in VA which seems to produce top receivers every year. Was hopeful we could break into that Tidewater area too.

Reactions: Lion_Backer
Never watched him play, but remember articles saying he was DB in HS. As for always being a LB, that is news to the following:

With how his career and the team’s seasons played out, I’d say I know at one team that would have been better served by considering another position.
Just because they call him a defensive back doesn’t mean that’s what he did. He was a terrible cornerback, he really only had straight line speed, but he was so fast that he made up for guys beating him out of the break or guys that he couldn’t jam. What he typically played was an outside linebacker in a 4-4 scheme. he also was a state champion wrestler at 189 I believe. His high school coach was guy Montecalvo who played at Penn State for Joe. They both knew they were getting a linebacker and not a defensive back.

Reactions: lazydave841
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT