ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff picture

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Georgia, Ohio State, and Texas look like the best. Maybe add Alabama and Ole Miss. A lot of teams will fight for the remaining 7 spots and 3 of them are going to P4 conference winners or ND. I don't think 3 losses will cut it.
  • Michigan will have to win 2 of three between USC, Oregon, & OSU. Tall order.
  • USC looks as good as anybody. I like their chances of winning 2 of 4 vs Mich, PSU, Neb, and ND.
  • Oregon has struggled but is 2-0 and their only top opponents are OSU and Notre Dame.
  • PSU has to play USC, Wisc, OSU, and Wash in consecutive weeks. They should beat Wisc & Wash but they'll be coming off of tough games and could be beaten up a bit.

IMO OSU, USC, and Oregon have the best chance from the BiG. PSU has to be perfect in other games if they lose to OSU & USC.

It would be nice to see Oregon State beat Oregon next week.

Reactions: psu00
Georgia, Ohio State, and Texas look like the best. Maybe add Alabama and Ole Miss. A lot of teams will fight for the remaining 7 spots and 3 of them are going to P4 conference winners or ND. I don't think 3 losses will cut it.
  • USC looks as good as anybody. I like their chances of winning 2 of 4 vs Mich, PSU, Neb, and ND.
  • Oregon has struggled but is 2-0 and their only top opponents are OSU and Notre Dame.
  • PSU has to play USC, Wisc, OSU, and Wash in consecutive weeks. They should beat Wisc & Wash but they'll be coming off of tough games and could be beaten up a bit.

IMO OSU, USC, and Oregon have the best chance from the BiG. PSU has to be perfect in other games if they lose to OSU & USC.

I’m much less impressed with Oregon than I had been. Until proven otherwise, I believe We are as good as Oregon or USC ….until the Ducks kick off the rust, or until USC beats us outright. —We have much to improve , but I like our upside if we remain reasonably healthy.

I’m much less impressed with Oregon than I had been. Until proven otherwise, I believe We are as good as Oregon or USC
Early on USC looks better than PSU IMO. But it's very early.

It doesn't matter if we're better than Oregon because we don't play them. What matters is that we finish 10-2 because they're likely to also finish 10-2.

Just tough to predict right now but, yeah, Georgia, OSU and Texas seem to be the cream of the crop but keep an eye on that Mississippi team..... they look legit. PSU has a really decent shot of getting in as long as they can avoid 3 losses and that looks like a safe bet

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT