ADVERTISEMENT

PLEASE....please protect Allar and keep him healthy because....

NITTANYJGK

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2002
Beau Pribula has the passing touch of an offensive guard, I also dont like trying gadget plays with him inside the ten.

When Pribula comes in the opposition knows exactly what's coming. Flashback to the Levis misuses.

• Wow
Reactions: GregInPitt
Beau Pribula has the passing touch of an offensive guard, I also dont like trying gadget plays with him inside the ten.

When Pribula comes in the opposition knows exactly what's coming. Flashback to the Levis misuses.
He sure hasn't shown the ability to throw the ball down the field accurately and with zip, and I'd take Veilleux in a heartbeat as the backup this season as he did lead a nice passing game for most of the 2021 Rutgers game. And Pribula looks smaller than Trace, and Trace was one of a kind at his stature in his ability and playmaking ability. I'm hoping that PSU recruits 2 great QB's for the 2025 class so there is great competition for playing time at QB after Allar is not starting at PSU.

He sure hasn't shown the ability to throw the ball down the field accurately and with zip, and I'd take Veilleux in a heartbeat as the backup this season as he did lead a nice passing game for most of the 2021 Rutgers game. And Pribula looks smaller than Trace, and Trace was one of a kind at his stature in his ability and playmaking ability. I'm hoping that PSU recruits 2 great QB's for the 2025 class so there is great competition for playing time at QB after Allar is not starting at PSU.
WTF is wrong with you? He hasn’t thrown the ball because he hadn’t been asked to do so.

Trace is 6’ and 212. Pribula was 6’ 2” and 205 his senior year if high school. And here he is making lots of throws of 25-30 yds with zip on the ball.

WTF is wrong with you? He hasn’t thrown the ball because he hadn’t been asked to do so.
Repeat. He sure hasn't shown the ability to throw the ball down the field accurately and with zip, and I'd take Veilleux in a heartbeat as the backup this season as he did lead a nice passing game for most of the 2021 Rutgers game. And Pribula looks smaller than Trace, and Trace was one of a kind at his stature in his ability and playmaking ability. I'm hoping that PSU recruits 2 great QB's for the 2025 class so there is great competition for playing time at QB after Allar is not starting at PSU.

Hope Pribula turns into Doug Flutie if/when he get the opportunitiy. But he hasn't shown it so far. Pribula hasn't even been very accurate on the short passes he has been given the opportunity to throw.

Whats wrong with you?

Trace is 6’ and 212. Pribula was 6’ 2” and 205 his senior year if high school. And here he is making lots of throws of 25-30 yds with zip on the ball.

What has he shown at PSU that leads you to believe he will be a top B10 QB if or when he would be PSU's starting QB? The way he has been playing when he's been in the games this year it's as if he has arm trouble and can't throw more than a 10 yard pass. You can post his high school highlights in 20 threads but that won't help him throw the ball down the field at PSU, and to this point he hasn't shown that he can throw it down the field with accuracy and zip at PSU.

Repeat. He sure hasn't shown the ability to throw the ball down the field accurately and with zip, and I'd take Veilleux in a heartbeat as the backup this season as he did lead a nice passing game for most of the 2021 Rutgers game. And Pribula looks smaller than Trace, and Trace was one of a kind at his stature in his ability and playmaking ability. I'm hoping that PSU recruits 2 great QB's for the 2025 class so there is great competition for playing time at QB after Allar is not starting at PSU.

Hope Pribula turns into Doug Flutie if/when he get the opportunitiy. But he hasn't shown it so far. Pribula hasn't even been very accurate on the short passes he has been given the opportunity to throw.

Whats wrong with you?
Say what you want, and I am not calling for him to play over Allar, but the TD throw to Potts vs NW had plenty of zip and was on the money.

Reactions: 81b&w
What has he shown at PSU that leads you to believe he will be a top B10 QB if or when he would be PSU's starting QB? The way he has been playing when he's been in the games this year it's as if he has arm trouble and can't throw more than a 10 yard pass. You can post his high school highlights in 20 threads but that won't help him throw the ball down the field at PSU, and to this point he hasn't shown that he can throw it down the field with accuracy and zip at PSU.
WTF is wrong with you? You are usually a very good poster. But this is nuts.

HE HASN’T BEEN ALLOWED TO THROW!!!

How many times did Levis air it out when he came in? Are you saying he didn’t have a B2G arm?

The problem isn’t Pribula. It’s the coaches. Either Franklin or Yurcich.

Are you Smolik’s father? What the hell?

Be careful what you wish for.
Bring in two QB (3*+) and Beau hits the portal. You are back to zero experience at backup QB. And the loser of the competition for the No.2 job could very well hit the portal after next season.
Very few teams are going to make even the 12-team playoff field playing their backup QBs multiple games. But as we saw in the game at Iowa a few years back, every contender needs a backup that has a clue for a short span.

Whats wrong with you?
Give it a rest, man.

You gave your opinion. Why go on and on and on and on when you are bashing a Penn State player?

Beating the dead horse that the responders to your nonsensical post thoroughly killed is even more nonsensical. Hopefully, this morning with the extra hour sleep, you will take the opportunity to step away from the bottle.

For the past couple of weeks he was the fan favorite and savior of the offense. My what short memories some people have.

WTF is wrong with you? You are usually a very good poster. But this is nuts.

HE HASN’T BEEN ALLOWED TO THROW!!!

How many times did Levis air it out when he came in? Are you saying he didn’t have a B2G arm?

The problem isn’t Pribula. It’s the coaches. Either Franklin or Yurcich.

Are you Smolik’s father? What the hell?
Nothing. What is wrong with you?

You really do tend to try and be the board nanny. Anyone that has an opinion that is different has something wrong with them? What is nuts is your feeling a constant need to defend a player over and over when all that was said is that he hasn't yet proven he is a fully capable game ready backup in the event the starter is injured. Pretty much a fact. Not necessarily his fault due to play calling out of his control. And just an opinion. It's a message board where different opinions are posted. Someone that can't stomach that should find something else to do.

Are you a 2nd grader?

One more time:
Yes, I believe that Pribula has not show the ability to throw the ball down field with zip and accuracy. He may have that ability. But he has not proven that. And to be a game ready QB the coaches need to get him that experience if he has that ability. Which is why the OP has questioned Pribula's current ability to be a game ready backup.

Pretty simple really.

Last edited:
Give it a rest, man.

You gave your opinion. Why go on and on and on and on when you are bashing a Penn State player?
Yep, I gave my opinion. And will defend it to children who relentlessly feel the need to respond over and over with their same opinions. Maybe direct your ire to them.

I'm not "bashing" a player. Merely observing that to date he has not been properly groomed in games to be a game ready backup that fans should feel could step in and replace Allar in a tough situation that would require use of an aggressive passing attack. We here don't see practice so it may be that the staff doesn't want to show his passing ability, but if that's the case it is a head scratcher because to truely feel confident as a player a player needs to do it in games.

When the children quit "bashing" my opinion you won't hear any more about it.

Yep, I gave my opinion. And will defend it to children who relentlessly feel the need to respond over and over with their same opinions. Maybe direct your ire to them.

I'm not "bashing" a player. Merely observing that to date he has not been properly groomed in games to be a game ready backup that fans should feel could step in and replace Allar in a tough situation that would require use of an aggressive passing attack. We here don't see practice so it may be that the staff doesn't want to show his passing ability, but if that's the case it is a head scratcher because to truely feel confident as a player a player needs to do it in games.

Not true. You started out by saying he doesn’t have a major college arm and we need to portal in a better QB.

My point was and is that we don’t know his capabilities because he hasn’t been allowed to show them.

And I took offense go your assertion that he had little talent when none of us know.

He may not have it. But his tape shows a good arm and he should have time to develop.

Reactions: dswartz

Says as much about you as it does those naughty "children".

Reactions: KCLion
Not true. You started out by saying he doesn’t have a major college arm and we need to portal in a better QB.

My point was and is that we don’t know his capabilities because he hasn’t been allowed to show them.

And I took offense go your assertion that he had little talent when none of us know.

He may not have it. But his tape shows a good arm and he should have time to develop.
I said nothing about the portal. I said that I hope that PSU brings in 2 2025 QB's so that there is competition at the most important position on a football team. And most here probably agree that PSU still needs more talent at QB for 2025 and beyond.

Your "point" is pretty much what I have also been responding with. Which make the fact that you feel the constant need to respond all the more bizzare.

Take offense if you want. He'll have plenty of time to develop. But right now a team that hopes to get to the playoff may need a backup QB that is game ready. And so far fans have not seen a backup QB that has shown to be game ready with the whole PSU offense.

Says as much about you as it does those naughty "children".
Feel free to put me on "ignore". I do that with some here that don't respect the opinions of others, and try and "corrent" those that have opinions other than their own. But that's not what I have done here.

Protecting Allar was the difference yesterday. I told my brother that if I was the DC I'd game plan to collapse the pocket. Not even worrying about getting a sack. Just collapse it and see if Allar gets happy feet like in the past few games. When he has happy feet he throws off balance and off target. Yesterday we kept the pocket clean and he had a great day. UM will push the interior OL a lot more than MD did. We win if he can step up into his throws. We lose if he has DTs and MLBs in his face.

Those of you putting down Beau; how many looks did you get out of High School??

Nothing. What is wrong with you?

You really do tend to try and be the board nanny. Anyone that has an opinion that is different has something wrong with them? What is nuts is your feeling a constant need to defend a player over and over when all that was said is that he hasn't yet proven he is a fully capable game ready backup in the event the starter is injured. Pretty much a fact. Not necessarily his fault due to play calling out of his control. And just an opinion. It's a message board where different opinions are posted. Someone that can't stomach that should find something else to do.

Are you a 2nd grader?

One more time:
Yes, I believe that Pribula has not show the ability to throw the ball down field with zip and accuracy. He may have that ability. But he has not proven that. And to be a game ready QB the coaches need to get him that experience if he has that ability. Which is why the OP has questioned Pribula's current ability to be a game ready backup.

Pretty simple really.
You have conveniently softened your opinion and comment with this post. Good for you.

You have conveniently softened your opinion and comment with this post. Good for you.
No I haven't. It's about the fact that he hasn't shown it. Period. No one here knows if he can do it which is why all the posts sticking up for him are worthless. I've been a PSU fan since the 60's and support every player, but this is about having a backup with the experience and talent to come into a big game and run the whole PSU offense and no fan could be convinced of that from what Pribula has done in the PSU games he's played in. That's the point. Not that Pribula might not be able to do it. No one here wants a repeat of the 2021 Iowa game.

Find something else to cry about.

Those of you putting down Beau; how many looks did you get out of High School??
Why is this even said?
It's weird that "fans" are upset but criticism of the PLAY of people on this team. That's acceptable. No one is attacking the kid. Beau has a long way to go which is true of most young QBs. Hopefully he continues to develop and is ready to take over when Allar in the NFL but right now if we have to play Beau we're in trouble. Not Roberson in trouble but in trouble. That's true for most schools.

Why is this even said?
It's weird that "fans" are upset but criticism of the PLAY of people on this team. That's acceptable. No one is attacking the kid. Beau has a long way to go which is true of most young QBs. Hopefully he continues to develop and is ready to take over when Allar in the NFL but right now if we have to play Beau we're in trouble. Not Roberson in trouble but in trouble. That's true for most schools.
Nobody is attacking him? First sentence of this thread is Beau has the passing touch of an offensive guard. There is no way anyone here can evaluate the kid based on the time he has played. This thread is nonsense

Reactions: dswartz
Nobody is attacking him? First sentence of this thread is Beau has the passing touch of an offensive guard. There is no way anyone here can evaluate the kid based on the time he has played. This thread is nonsense
Is that not about his play? That's not anything against him as a person. They're criticizing his play.
I don't agree with the statement however from our limited sample size it's obvious he has to improve greatly in that area, right?

And he can’t throw an accurate 10 yd pass. Looks like he has serious arm injury.

If the comments were about how the coaches aren’t properly preparing him I would have agreed 100%. Or that they need to let him pass more to gain experience… spot on. But the personal attacks were wrong.

Beau comes in and runs the ball late in games against the 2nd and 3rd of teams which are beat. If he comes in against the 1s of Michigan..... they shut it down in one series. He will get throttled. Sorry, the Pribula running attack is not going to make it happen. Not happening.

And he can’t throw an accurate 10 yd pass. Looks like he has serious arm injury.

If the comments were about how the coaches aren’t properly preparing him I would have agreed 100%. Or that they need to let him pass more to gain experience… spot on. But the personal attacks were wrong.
Ya he has almost primarily played in mop up time and isn’t even practicing with starters to develop timing. There is absolutely no way anyone can evaluate him based on his playing time.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Ya he has almost primarily played in mop up time and isn’t even practicing with starters to develop timing. There is absolutely no way anyone can evaluate him based on his playing time.
He can’t throw ten yards yet he made a perfect 20 yd pass to Plotts who took it for a touchdown.

The pass didn’t have a lot of zip because he was wide open and a soft pass was perfect. Most backups would have been too excited about a wide open receiver and thrown it too hard.

Sure wish he would get more time and more freedom when he is in. It’s needed to have him ready whenever that time comes. But that’s on the coaching staff.

Reactions: 81b&w
He can’t throw ten yards yet he made a perfect 20 yd pass to Plotts who took it for a touchdown.

The pass didn’t have a lot of zip because he was wide open and a soft pass was perfect. Most backups would have been too excited about a wide open receiver and thrown it too hard.

Sure wish he would get more time and more freedom when he is in. It’s needed to have him ready whenever that time comes. But that’s on the coaching staff.
Problem is Allar is young too and needs the work. Coaches do need to get him ready but they may be and we have no idea.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT