ADVERTISEMENT

Poindexter says NO! TOM ALLEN says Yes!

Are you suggesting Poindexter was offered DC and declined?

Or that was Poindexter's reaction upon finding out we were hiring Allen.

vader-noooo.gif

Great. Another assistant that will only be here for a year or two.
Hope you’re right. It would mean we would have an amazing defense over those two years and he would be off for a head coaching job based on the great work he did with the D. Am I missing something?

Reactions: PSU_Nut and BOSCO2
Why does everyone think poindexter would be great? Just asking. I looked up his resume.

After the end of his NFL career in 2001, Poindexter returned to his alma mater as a graduate assistant. He eventually made his way up the coaching totem pole and was the safeties coach at the end of his tenure at the University of Virginia.

In 2014, Poindexter accepted a position at the University of Connecticut as the defensive coordinator/safeties coach. Poindexter was dismissed along with the rest of the defensive coaching staff at the end of the 2016 season.[9]

In 2017, Poindexter was hired as the co-defensive coordinator (along with Nick Holt) and safeties coach. Purdue made two bowl games in his tenure as defensive coordinator.

In 2021, Poindexter was hired as the co-defensive coordinator and safeties coach at Penn State.

I think the ones advocating for him suspect he's eventually going to be a good DC and would rather us be the ones who give him the opportunity vs leaving here and doing it elsewhere.
He also learned from a great in terms of Manny. I think Allen goes through a 2-3 year hc rehab here, leaves for a power 4 hc gig, and Poindexter takes over as dc.

If Poindexter turned it down (which makes no sense unless he has another job lined up as a DC) then that's his mistake.

Reactions: johnmpsu
Allen is a good defensive coach. I think he could be a good fit. Maybe his last job.

Allen is a good defensive coach. I think he could be a good fit. Maybe his last job.
Agreed--he's 53 and just went 18-43 in the Big Ten over 7 years. Is he a guy that would want a mid-level HC position? Or would he rather be a DC?
Honestly, let's hope he does well enough that another program will want to take him

Reactions: Ski and lazydave841
Why does everyone think poindexter would be great? Just asking. I looked up his resume.

After the end of his NFL career in 2001, Poindexter returned to his alma mater as a graduate assistant. He eventually made his way up the coaching totem pole and was the safeties coach at the end of his tenure at the University of Virginia.

In 2014, Poindexter accepted a position at the University of Connecticut as the defensive coordinator/safeties coach. Poindexter was dismissed along with the rest of the defensive coaching staff at the end of the 2016 season.[9]

In 2017, Poindexter was hired as the co-defensive coordinator (along with Nick Holt) and safeties coach. Purdue made two bowl games in his tenure as defensive coordinator.

In 2021, Poindexter was hired as the co-defensive coordinator and safeties coach at Penn State.

It’s not everyone. I have asked the same question. Other than Poindexter being a nice guy, there is no way I would hand over a coordinator position from in-house coaching staff.

Reactions: Gitzit
We know!!! You were in the pool!!! I miss the old board humor, good stuff!
Penix came up short because he prematurely ejected himself prior to making final penetration.

You guys laugh all you want but, in the end, Penix is standing tall as he prepares his Washington Huskies to do battle against Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT