ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Who is the slimiest active basketball coach in NCAA D-1?

POLL: Who is the slimiest active basketball coach in NCAA D-1?

• Ben Howland - Mississippi State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Calipari - Kentucky

Votes: 52 28.7%
  • Jim Boeheim - Syracuse

Votes: 98 54.1%
  • Roy Williams - UNC

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Mike Krzyzweski (Duke)

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Bruce Pearl (Auburn)

Votes: 15 8.3%
  • Tom Crean (Unemployed, but about to come back in Louisville)

• Sean Miller (Arizona)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Andy Enfield (Southern California)

• Kelvin Sampson (Houston)

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Fox Chapel Lion II

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2011
The Steel City
In your opinion, who is the slimiest? I'm thinking primarily of payola, academic fraud, iffy transfers with welding certificates, that kind of stuff. Drinking with coeds (sorry Larry Eustachy), not interested. Lousy, ineffective coaches? Ed DeChellis need not apply. WE WANT CRIMES! The BIG stuff. Death-penalty-worthy high crimes (no misdemeanors).

Poll choices are ACTIVE (for now) coaches with one guy warming up in the bullpen. So we miss out on all-timers like Tark the Shark, Jim Valvano, Steve Fisher, Eddie Sutton, Jim Calhoun, Dave Bliss - not to mention the coupled entry of John Wooden and Sam Gilbert.

Who else you got? Give us the SLIMIEST, CHEATINGEST coaches out there today!

Reactions: denniskembala
Just spent way more time than I should admit trying to pick between Pearl and Sampson.

Pat Chambers is on the hot seat.

Just kidding, there is no hot seat for basketball at Penn State, the seat has been nice and cool since the dawn of time.

I'd still pick Boeheim!

About 25 years ago, a kid from my high school got a basketball schollie to Syracuse under Boeheim. He started PG as a freshman, and played a lot. Over the years, his minutes decreased, and he was never told why, or what he had to do improve. By the time he left, he was buried on the bench, and Boeheim had told him he was not going to let him transfer.

I ran into the kid's father a few years later, and when discussing the issue, his father said "If Jim Boeheim and a pile of dog sh*t were in the same room, the dog sh*t would get up and leave because Boeheim stinks so bad".

The King of Hypocrisy: Coach Mike Krzyzyfkl;ewf;lwfkk;nhwfjkb

But in all seriousness, probably Avery Johnson.
I didn't think to include Johnson in the poll, just didn't really stand out to me as a cheater or a guy surrounded by clouds of rumors. He's basically an NBA guy, hadn't been around the college game enough to build a rep.

HOWEVER . . .

When a school like Alabama, who has historically never done anything in hoops, all of a sudden pulls the #2 class in America (per Rivals), that is a dead giveaway that things might not be all that they seem. What the hell - like Tuscaloosa was hidden away like the Hope Diamond all these years?

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/...ery-johnson-this-is-a-big-day-for-our-program

I didn't think to include Johnson in the poll, just didn't really stand out to me as a cheater or a guy surrounded by clouds of rumors. He's basically an NBA guy, hadn't been around the college game enough to build a rep.

HOWEVER . . .

When a school like Alabama, who has historically never done anything in hoops, all of a sudden pulls the #2 class in America (per Rivals), that is a dead giveaway that things might not be all that they seem. What the hell - like Tuscaloosa was hidden away like the Hope Diamond all these years?

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/...ery-johnson-this-is-a-big-day-for-our-program

Stay tuned ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT