ADVERTISEMENT

Football PREDICTIONS: Penn State versus Michigan

PSU 21 - UM 17. Clifford hits Dotson with less than a minute to go with the game winning TD.

Reactions: jjw165
Caziah Holmes and Keyvone Lee
Play 1/3 the snaps as split backs ....

Surprise the OL can run block afterall

PSU 48 -14.

Back to the Hookah I go. Lol

Reactions: jjw165
We can't run the football and we are about to play the best defense we play this year with the best player in the country. This is not changing in week 11. Michigan plans a fair amount of tight and/or physical man coverage which has proven highly effective against Dotson. Either Clifford can't run, won't run or Franklin is too scared to let him run given the lack of a backup which removes the only consistent offensive weapon we have against good defenses. This means Michigan can employ a conservative death by a thousand cuts strategy. Run the football between the tackles wearing down the front seven, punt, win the field position game and pull away in the fourth quarter. Unless Clifford begins to run the football with reckless abandon, risking the last two games and start taking major chances on defense (e.g. blitz early and often in cover zero) I don't see how we win this one.

Michigan pulls away in the fourth 31 to 19 in a game that is not as close as the score.

PSU 24 - Meatchicken 23
2 TDs for the next Heisman Trophy Winner Jahan Dotson

dotson.png

Reactions: bison13 and Jerry
Penn State 24
Michigan 20

Defense will do just enough. Giant day for Parker Washington, as Michigan spends the day doubling Dotson.

WE ARE!!!

Reactions: bison13
We can't run the football and we are about to play the best defense we play this year with the best player in the country. This is not changing in week 11. Michigan plans a fair amount of tight and/or physical man coverage which has proven highly effective against Dotson. Either Clifford can't run, won't run or Franklin is too scared to let him run given the lack of a backup which removes the only consistent offensive weapon we have against good defenses. This means Michigan can employ a conservative death by a thousand cuts strategy. Run the football between the tackles wearing down the front seven, punt, win the field position game and pull away in the fourth quarter. Unless Clifford begins to run the football with reckless abandon, risking the last two games and start taking major chances on defense (e.g. blitz early and often in cover zero) I don't see how we win this one.

Michigan pulls away in the fourth 31 to 19 in a game that is not as close as the score.

This is kind of the way I see it playing out, on paper, though I hope to be wrong. Anything can happen on any given week.

Unless one side gets the big play or turnover, a ground slugfest would favor Michigan. They also have more to lose if they lose.

The weather -- damp and in the low 40s -- will dampen the crowd a bit.

We tend to come out slow in early games and, for this game, will likely be gasping for air in the 4th quarter. I'll be watching to see our gains during the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Franklin teams just do not put emphasis on time of possession. It's likely to matter in a game like this one.

Again, like other fans, I hope it goes differently.

If I am Yurcich I would be implementing the "run game" through a short passing game that includes the running backs and tight ends -- lots of short throws near or even behind the line of scrimmage. I would be careful with long-throw wide receiver screens. Michigan will play for the pick.

Caziah Holmes and Keyvone Lee
Play 1/3 the snaps as split backs ....

Surprise the OL can run block afterall

PSU 48 -14.

Back to the Hookah I go. Lol
I’m surprised we have not seen Caziah Holmes this season after he played well last year as a true freshman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT