ADVERTISEMENT

PSAA's President Paul Clifford's response to an inquiry about re

eloracv

Sep 22, 2007
via Janet Parkhill Kudravetz

PSAA's President Paul Clifford's response to an inquiry about releasing the video of Franco Harris's acceptance of the Lion's Paw Medal last Saturday. In part:

"On behalf of the Lion’s Paw Alumni Association, we would like to apologize for the tone and duration of the Lion’s Paw Medal recipient’s acceptance speech at the All Class Luncheon on Saturday."

It should be noted that there was a standing ovation at the end of Franco's short speech and that a few board members and Dr. Barron did not stand, nor did they acknowledge Franco.

To an alumnus:

Thank you for your email and your interest in this past weekend’s events. On Saturday at the Alumni Reunion during the all-class luncheon, the Lion’s Paw Medal was awarded.

I thought you might be interested in some background. The Lion’s Paw Alumni Interest Group (AIG) has presented their medal as the highest honor bestowed by the group since 1965. You can learn more about this award here:

http://www.lionspaw.org/the-lions-paw-medal.html

For about the last 10 years, the Lion’s Paw medal has been presented during the alumni reunion weekend at the all-class luncheon. The award recipient is not selected by the Penn State Alumni Association rather it is annually selected by the executive board of the Lion’s Paw AIG. The recipient has always had the opportunity to deliver brief remarks.

This year’s recipient was Franco Harris, a recognized PSU alumnus and philanthropist. His acceptance speech was received with mixed reactions.
While we respect the opinions offered by this year's Lion's Paw Medal recipient, they were out of place at this event. The Alumni Association neither endorses nor opposes the content; but we can't ignore the mixed response expressed by many in attendance and the distraction from the other honored guests in attendance, as well as from our 50th Reunion Class and Penn State Pioneers.

Reunion participants, leaders of the Lion's Paw Alumni Group, and numerous Lion's Paw alumni have reached out to express regret and disappointment. For example, below is an excerpt from an email from the Lion’s Paw Alumni Interest Group Leadership regarding its view on Franco Harris’ comments:

On behalf of the Lion’s Paw Alumni Association, we would like to apologize for the tone and duration of the Lion’s Paw Medal recipient’s acceptance speech at the All Class Luncheon on Saturday. Lion’s Paw exists to serve Penn State by promoting its welfare and best interests and perpetuating its worthwhile traditions. Our diverse members embrace reasoned discussion to address issues. Mr. Harris’ remarks were not in the spirit of the event at which they were made, and they should not be considered as being representative of the views of the Lion’s Paw Alumni Association.

The Alumni Association contracted with WPSU to provide projection and audio visual support, not recording or production. In light of people’s feedback to us and how Franco's comments were received (both positive and negative), the leadership of the alumni association has decided not to release it. We feel this is the appropriate decision.

I appreciate your perspective and passion for Penn State. I hope that this email provides you with some greater understanding about the rationale for our decision.

For the Glory,
Paul [Clifford]

PSAA's President Paul Clifford's response to an inquiry about releasing the video of Franco Harris's acceptance of the Lion's Paw Medal last Saturday. In part:

"On behalf of the Lion’s Paw Alumni Association, we would like to apologize for the tone and duration of the Lion’s Paw Medal recipient’s acceptance speech at the All Class Luncheon on Saturday."

It should be noted that there was a standing ovation at the end of Franco's short speech and that a few board members and Dr. Barron did not stand, nor did they acknowledge Franco.

To an alumnus:

Thank you for your email and your interest in this past weekend’s events. On Saturday at the Alumni Reunion during the all-class luncheon, the Lion’s Paw Medal was awarded.

I thought you might be interested in some background. The Lion’s Paw Alumni Interest Group (AIG) has presented their medal as the highest honor bestowed by the group since 1965. You can learn more about this award here:

For about the last 10 years, the Lion’s Paw medal has been presented during the alumni reunion weekend at the all-class luncheon. The award recipient is not selected by the Penn State Alumni Association rather it is annually selected by the executive board of the Lion’s Paw AIG. The recipient has always had the opportunity to deliver brief remarks.

This year’s recipient was Franco Harris, a recognized PSU alumnus and philanthropist. His acceptance speech was received with mixed reactions.
While we respect the opinions offered by this year's Lion's Paw Medal recipient, they were out of place at this event. The Alumni Association neither endorses nor opposes the content; but we can't ignore the mixed response expressed by many in attendance and the distraction from the other honored guests in attendance, as well as from our 50th Reunion Class and Penn State Pioneers.

Reunion participants, leaders of the Lion's Paw Alumni Group, and numerous Lion's Paw alumni have reached out to express regret and disappointment. For example, below is an excerpt from an email from the Lion’s Paw Alumni Interest Group Leadership regarding its view on Franco Harris’ comments:

On behalf of the Lion’s Paw Alumni Association, we would like to apologize for the tone and duration of the Lion’s Paw Medal recipient’s acceptance speech at the All Class Luncheon on Saturday. Lion’s Paw exists to serve Penn State by promoting its welfare and best interests and perpetuating its worthwhile traditions. Our diverse members embrace reasoned discussion to address issues. Mr. Harris’ remarks were not in the spirit of the event at which they were made, and they should not be considered as being representative of the views of the Lion’s Paw Alumni Association.

The Alumni Association contracted with WPSU to provide projection and audio visual support, not recording or production. In light of people’s feedback to us and how Franco's comments were received (both positive and negative), the leadership of the alumni association has decided not to release it. We feel this is the appropriate decision.

I appreciate your perspective and passion for Penn State. I hope that this email provides you with some greater understanding about the rationale for our decision.

For the Glory,
Paul [Clifford]
Fat-Ass Bow-Tie Paul Cliffird can go f$ck himself

Didn't have the patience to write anything "pithy" to Clifford the Big Fat-Ass, Bow-Tied Red Dog........this was the best I could do:

1468071_28682.jpg

"So....You want to be "judged by your actions"? OK Paul - - - - the judgement is in:

You are nothing but another hypocritical money-serving sycophant.

Apologizing for Franco Harris? Someone who has the strength to speak up for all Penn Staters - - - even when PSU's "leaders" fail to do anything but prostitute the University to serve their own self-interests.

Shame on you. All for a few shekels. You slimy, morally-vacuous carpetbagger.

"For the Glory" indeed. If there is a righteous God in Heaven....the next time you try to utter those words you will choke on them."

Last edited:

To an alumnus:

For the Glory,
Paul [Clifford]
How long before a bootleg copy surfaces?

To an alumnus:

For the Glory,
Paul [Clifford]

As a member of PSAA ever since I graduated from a University I was once proud to be part of, I've had enough of the backstabing of an organization that I pay for and purportedly is to represent me. How do I rescind my lifetime membership?

Are you kidding? You're part of Paul's most coveted metric, the alumni stuck on the rolls whether they want to be or not.

To an alumnus:

For the Glory,
Paul [Clifford]

So, here's a (relatively) recent letter from PSU president Eric Barron to the ALUMNI'S representatives on the BoT. You know- the only BoT representatives actually elected by the ALUMNI themselves........to represent the ALUMNI in Penn State matters.........

TO: Edward B. Brown III, Barbara L. Doran, Robert C. Jubelirer, Anthony Lubrano, Ryan J. McCombie, William F. Oldsey, and Alice Pope

CC: Board of Trustees

"This is in response to your letter to me of May 4, 2015, a copy of which is attached. In your letter, you made the demand that the University pay your legal fees and related expenses in connection with the growing number of lawsuits you have filed or threatened against the University and its Trustees. Your request is made even more outrageous by your threat of yet another lawsuit against Penn State if we do not pay your costs of suing the University.

"First, the Bylaws do not require the University to pay for lawsuits against it, including frivolous and damaging lawsuits like the petition you filed yesterday.

"As you are aware, your last lawsuit was completely unnecessary. You demanded the names and information about trustee candidates who were not selected, when confidentiality is a standard practice among non-profits to ensure that high-caliber candidates apply. You did so even though the requested documents have nothing to do with the exercise of your fiduciary duties. Board communications to you over the past few days clearly offered to make available to you the requested materials subject only to your commitment that you would keep the information confidential. Rather than simply agree to maintain that confidence, which, as fiduciaries, you are obligated by law and Board policies to do, you elected to litigate. It is difficult to fathom why you would squander University resources in such a manner. The University will not pay you to sue us. If anything, you should be offering to reimburse the University for its legal costs in responding to this lawsuit.

"Second, as President, I am very concerned about your approach to confidentiality and to your fiduciary responsibilities. We have a growing number of failures to abide by the Board's Expectations of Membership, even when the potential for serious financial harm to the University is evident. We have moved into a position of having to repeatedly reconfirm the commitment to confidentiality in order to protect the University from unnecessary harm. I now hear regularly from students, faculty, staff and alumni expressing both concern and fatigue in seeing our own Trustees suing their University. Penn State's mission is teaching, research and service. Your actions are not serving that mission. It seems to many of us that this is becoming a campaign against Penn State. Please reconsider these unfortunate actions."

Eric J. Barron
President

Sooooooo, do Paul Clifford and the alumni association feel the need to apologize to the alumni and the alumni BoT reps regarding the "inappropriate demeanor and tone" of this letter???

Since Clifford is so concerned with "divisive" appearances I'm sure he has released a similar statement like he did with Franco. I must have just missed it....... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

EDIT-
Isn't it funny when a person bemoans the lack of "civility" and repeatedly demands "civility" in discussions but yet sees no problem sending such a letter in his official capacity as president of the university?

I know he's an academic so we shouldn't really be surprised at the hypocrisy. He expects and demands "civility" from anyone who disagrees with him. He, on the other hand, is not subject to that same "civility" requirement (of course).

Last edited:
I got the identical email from him. My response was:

Paul,

Please remove me from the association's mailing list. I wish to have nothing further to do with it.

Thank you

Let me tell you a story about Paul Clifford. Interacted very early, seemed like a nice guy. Had several conversations early on. Asked him to please make sure he gets with certain alums to hear the information they have and to listen to everyone. Now it appears he is taking sides, or cannot stand up for what is RIGHT. So, I am going to tell this NOW:

In early April when I was being impersonated and harassed on Twitter:
(This has been going in cycles since October 2014, and the account when I go after it and make a Twitter report , would delete its tweets and change its name or spelling)

Mind you this is all in DMs over time which I will not reveal, but will paraphrase: I sent messages to lots of ppl to please help and what I needed them to do to help me get impersonator account neutralized. I'm sending screen caps of the impersonator account that make it VERY Clear exactly what is happening.

Paul Clifford's response? I want to hear all "alumni" opinions, don't "attack me" for wanting to do that. What "Valued opinions" are demonstrated here in a few screen caps out of MANY more I tracked? Totally messed up answer -I feel sorry for PSU Alums! HE was the "victim". No Paul, I was, and I asked for your HELP!

These (screenshot #1) were my Original Profile Cover and Blind Justice photos I had had forever (like maybe 2011?) until they were stolen by the impersonator account in about October of 2014.

And so that DM denying assistance is when Paul Clifford went into the dumpster for me. The rest of you can make your own minds up about it.

So, once it was all said and done? It turned out it WAS a very ILL PSU alumnus called JOHN ZIPAY that Paul Clifford REFUSED to help me on.

I'm going to tell you some more about this. After simultaneously being outed on Twitter and on BWI, Anthony Lubrano has the "NERVE" to say that CR66=John Zipay and he had a "meeting" and j z is a "principled individual". Did he never read the whole OUTING? Here? Well, it was happening on Twitter Anthony not just here! Elsewhere too! I was flabbergasted.

Do these men not give a flip about women being cyber-harassed? I even asked here very nicely : If John (Or Anthony, or anyone) has disproving evidence that shows that JOHN ZIPAY's known accounts were being compromised, SEND it to me.

Further, 1 of the screen shots here shows..."Chuck Berry song Cruisin Route 66." This is John's handle on BWI. It is also the handle on his Other account on Twitter under his own name: John Zipay Cruisin Route 66.

As soon as I named the name? The impersonator account disappeared itself. Immediately. Then tried to add back up 2x the next day. I simply kept checking in & screen-capping, and not posting. Until I named his name again on Twitter -he Deleted.

BTW, on BWI. "Cruisin" John's account here, always waits until I haven't posted for a while. Then he posts. He thinks because I'm not logged in I don't know about it? He's not a very bright man, from Cliffside Pk NJ near Teterboro. The difference is, I have friends helping me. John, on the other hand, is reviled by every poster on BWI. Because he lies. He's an ill man who lost his parents and his wife even more recently, and has no children. That is the conclusion I must make.

I have asked FIVE times already. Send me the IP addys that disprove these are and were John Zipay's accounts. Because it signed itself j z and that's how he was caught. I had BWI open at the same time. He had signed j z in some newspaper comment sections a few years back as well.

I happen to have a photo-memory. I can literally see it on the page still. I have met a PSU alum in person who lives in Iowa and came on a trip thru Dallas who has the same type of memory. I know we are not the only ones who have this weird memory thing. The point is I saw the j z signature in the troll comment sections of one of the usual suspect pa news sites before. In small letters not caps. Like ee cummings.

He tells big stories, creates fake accounts to harasses women & even 1 17-yr-old girl. He needs help. & Lubrano/Clifford should intervene.

OR send me the EVIDENCE that it's not him .

Last edited:
This was my response to Clifford:

I hope that this email provides you with some greater understanding about the rationale for our decision.
For the Glory,
Paul

IT DOES. MYSELF, FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS WHO HAVE LONG BEEN SUPPORTERS OF PSU (SINCE THE MID 40’S), WILL NO LONGER SUPPORT THE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION.
HOPE YOU GET YOUR SPINE FIXED, SINCE YOU DON’T APPEAR TO HAVE ONE.

In a phone conversation with 'Paul' this past Thurs.-- he called the Lions Paw an 'underground student organization or society'. The award was given to the person for outstanding service to the University.
PSAA will not endorse any further publication or publicity.

What the hell is he talking about -- an underground society (not authorized) giving an award for great performance ?? But the PSAA will not really acknowledge ?

Reactions: Ski and 91Joe95
In a phone conversation with 'Paul' this past Thurs.-- he called the Lions Paw an 'underground student organization or society'. The award was given to the person for outstanding service to the University.

What the hell is he talking about -- an underground society (not authorized) giving an award for great performance ?? But the PSAA will not really acknowledge ?

So why was the big red dog at the event last weekend?

Reactions: 91Joe95

"Underground" = not 100% controlled by the OGBOT

To an alumnus:

For the Glory,
Paul [Clifford]

This bloviating, self-impressed douche doesn't have a fraction of the gravitas or personal accomplishments of Franco Harris and is well out of his league - who the phuck is he to say what is and isn't an "appropriate" acceptance speech for a medal of honor distinction by the recipient of said distinction of honor?!?! This little irrelevant turd's remarks would be like the Chair of the Heisman Committee telling the deliverer of the most famous "accedance speech" in the award's history, John Capelleti's Speech, that his speech was going to be censored because it was inappropriate??? What a bunch of Stalin-esque, paranoid, self-absorbed, control-freak bull$hit perpetrated by a cabal of small, cowardly, arrogant, narcisisstic scumbags and piles of human excrement who aren't fit to carry Franco's jock let alone pedantically lecture about the "appropriateness" of his acceptance speech!?!? What a bunch of little scumbag cowards who richly deserve a severe beat-down of the "prehistoric variety"!

Last edited:

How exactly is a nonprofit doing active "fundraising" and solicitation of donations an "underground society" (e.g., a "private society")? Frankly this clearly violates the PA OAG's rules for solicitation of charitable donations and would make Lion's Paw's Board prosecutable under PA Fiduciary and charitable fraud rules! What a complete horse's @ss comment to make regarding an nonprofit organization actively soliciting public donations!?!?

Hard to comprehend how the OGBOT, their toady president(s) and other paid shills close ranks and defend one another........yet they crapped on the most loyal and moral leader they ever had. Barron once said he wanted to assure everyone that the university isn't hiding anything. One thing they are not hiding..... the reality that these are despicable human beings.

Let me tell you a story about Paul Clifford. Interacted very early, seemed like a nice guy. Had several conversations early on. Asked him to please make sure he gets with certain alums to hear the information they have and to listen to everyone. Now it appears he is taking sides, or cannot stand up for what is RIGHT. So, I am going to tell this NOW:

In early April when I was being impersonated and harassed on Twitter:
(This has been going in cycles since October 2014, and the account when I go after it and make a Twitter report , would delete its tweets and change its name or spelling)

Mind you this is all in DMs over time which I will not reveal, but will paraphrase: I sent messages to lots of ppl to please help and what I needed them to do to help me get impersonator account neutralized. I'm sending screen caps of the impersonator account that make it VERY Clear exactly what is happening.

Paul Clifford's response? I want to hear all "alumni" opinions, don't "attack me" for wanting to do that. What "Valued opinions" are demonstrated here in a few screen caps out of MANY more I tracked? Totally messed up answer -I feel sorry for PSU Alums! HE was the "victim". No Paul, I was, and I asked for your HELP!

These (screenshot #1) were my Original Profile Cover and Blind Justice photos I had had forever (like maybe 2011?) until they were stolen by the impersonator account in about October of 2014.

And so that DM denying assistance is when Paul Clifford went into the dumpster for me. The rest of you can make your own minds up about it.

So, once it was all said and done? It turned out it WAS a very ILL PSU alumnus called JOHN ZIPAY that Paul Clifford REFUSED to help me on.

I'm going to tell you some more about this. After simultaneously being outed on Twitter and on BWI, Anthony Lubrano has the "NERVE" to say that CR66=John Zipay and he had a "meeting" and j z is a "principled individual". Did he never read the whole OUTING? Here? Well, it was happening on Twitter Anthony not just here! Elsewhere too! I was flabbergasted.

Do these men not give a flip about women being cyber-harassed? I even asked here very nicely : If John (Or Anthony, or anyone) has disproving evidence that shows that JOHN ZIPAY's known accounts were being compromised, SEND it to me.

Further, 1 of the screen shots here shows..."Chuck Berry song Cruisin Route 66." This is John's handle on BWI. It is also the handle on his Other account on Twitter under his own name: John Zipay Cruisin Route 66.

As soon as I named the name? The impersonator account disappeared itself. Immediately. Then tried to add back up 2x the next day. I simply kept checking in & screen-capping, and not posting. Until I named his name again on Twitter -he Deleted.

BTW, on BWI. "Cruisin" John's account here, always waits until I haven't posted for a while. Then he posts. He thinks because I'm not logged in I don't know about it? He's not a very bright man, from Cliffside Pk NJ near Teterboro. The difference is, I have friends helping me. John, on the other hand, is reviled by every poster on BWI. Because he lies. He's an ill man who lost his parents and his wife even more recently, and has no children. That is the conclusion I must make.

I have asked FIVE times already. Send me the IP addys that disprove these are and were John Zipay's accounts. Because it signed itself j z and that's how he was caught. I had BWI open at the same time. He had signed j z in some newspaper comment sections a few years back as well.

I happen to have a photo-memory. I can literally see it on the page still. I have met a PSU alum in person who lives in Iowa and came on a trip thru Dallas who has the same type of memory. I know we are not the only ones who have this weird memory thing. The point is I saw the j z signature in the troll comment sections of one of the usual suspect pa news sites before. In small letters not caps. Like ee cummings.

He tells big stories, creates fake accounts to harasses women & even 1 17-yr-old girl. He needs help. & Lubrano/Clifford should intervene.

OR send me the EVIDENCE that it's not him .

Why the heck were you bothering Clifford with this in the first place?

The issue is NOT Joe Paterno (it's a symptom, to be sure). The issue is that the NCAA chose to publicly denigrate Penn State as an institution *and* it's alumni as a culture out of control--characterized by the NCAA as a group of people who that aided and abetted child molestation. The Alumni Association did absolutely nothing and continues to do nothing to defend its members against that charge, one that has us characterized as a national pariah. That's the issue.

The Alumni Association has compounded that error by transforming Alumni Council into an mostly appointed board, where the very alumni they are supposed to represent are being marginalized in favor of a small ruling elite, who decide which alumni are "worthy" and which are not.

The issue is NOT Joe Paterno (it's a symptom, to be sure). The issue is that the NCAA chose to publicly denigrate Penn State as an institution *and* it's alumni as a culture out of control--characterized by the NCAA as a group of people who that aided and abetted child molestation. The Alumni Association did absolutely nothing and continues to do nothing to defend its members against that charge, one that has us characterized as a national pariah. That's the issue.

The Alumni Association has compounded that error by transforming Alumni Council into an mostly appointed board, where the very alumni they are supposed to represent are being marginalized in favor of a small ruling elite, who decide which alumni are "worthy" and which are not.

Well stated.

giphy.gif

Why the heck were you bothering Clifford with this in the first place?
Are you always such a lame blockhead? If you don't get the relevance, it must be because you are supremely obtuse.

It was a male PSU ALUM. Who else would it possibly be but part of the ratfink minions? Going after me because they can't handle the truth and are an OGBOT toadie.

Just like the topic here. Pretending Franco and everyone else getting the truth out there are: "divisive", and trying to silence and discredit them.

And because there was something specific Clifford could have done along with 149 other PSU-related people on my follower list that the impersonator had duplicated in its entirety, in sequential order, including non-PSU persons to try to fool them into thinking it was me with their sick harassment game.

It was one of 150 "right places to go" to stop cyber-harassment . Perpetrated solely because I am an independent voice tweeting factual information about Sandusky Case, Predators, Second Mile, the OGPSUBOT, etc. and have been for over 4.5 years, whether any PSU person wants to follow me or not.

The imbecile thought I might be a "weak link", and also targeted some vocal PSU alumna as well. Because we are FEMALES.

WE ARE not weak, and WE WILL be heard.

Last edited:
I've had a few thoughts on "exceptionalism". You know there's been a long standing belief in this country about "American Exceptionalism". I will not debate that here, except to note there are many that despise that view--and many of them live in academia and the press.

For many here, we all remember the "Grand Experiment". In many ways it speaks for Penn State exceptionalism--and I know before 2011 that I had many friends who had real trouble believing at it all really wasn't a show--that we were in reality no different from any other fan base. I recall Bacon in his book "Fourth and Long" noting this--and being surprised to find out that our fan base actually did act differently in this area and really did promote playing by the rules. A number of folks I ran into before 2011 strongly hated Penn State for this. "Holier than thou" they called it. And while I do think we were perhaps--even likely--guilty of arrogance--the fact was that the Grand Experiment was real.

In 2011, those folks suddenly had the ammo to "prove" they were right. These antiexceptionalism folks will never give up. And many of them, I fear, are those in charge at Penn State. It's hard to explain their seeming hatred for Penn State's values and alumni otherwise. But their actions speak very loudly.

As for me, I'm taking a step back for a couple of weeks. If not longer. I find it difficult to get excited about sports when the rest of the university is going to hell in a handbasket--and being driven by its so-called leaders there.

just saw a post by Deb Biedel on Facebook (and maybe she can clarify here) that she is on the Alumni Council in a leadership position, and she recalls no vote nor discussion about Franco's speech being "divisive", so there's no precedent to deem it so by anyone associated with the PSAA . . .

My letter to Mr. Clifford:

I read the transcript of Franco's speech and was not at all offended by it. From reports of those who were there, neither were the vast majority of alums in attendance as it was greeted by a standing ovation--less the leadership of the university. I do not see that a divisive but evidence of a major disconnect between leadership and membership. I was disappointed in your apology. Franco Harris is one of the most accomplished alumni this university has produced--both athletically and in real life and the business world. His words should be heeded.

The issue is that the NCAA chose to publicly denigrate Penn State as an institution *and* it's alumni as a culture out of control--characterized by the NCAA as a group of people who aided and abetted child molestation. The Alumni Association did absolutely nothing and continues to do nothing to defend its members against that charge, one that has us characterized as a national pariah. That's the issue.

I live in Columbus, Ohio. It is difficult for me, even if I so desired, to show Penn State pride--except in private. I had tires slashed because I had an Alumni Association sticker on my car (it no longer carries such). Add to that personal insults form passers by and even law enforcement--well, you get the picture. It was easing--until the latest allegations came out--and the firestorm returned. While I appreciated President Barron's comments--they were too little too late. And there was nothing from the Alumni Association.

The Alumni Association has compounded that error by transforming Alumni Council into an mostly appointed board, where the very alumni they are supposed to represent are being marginalized in favor of a small ruling elite, who decide which alumni are "worthy" and which are not and who have removed one of the basic rules for good governance, Robert's Rules of Order.

I was once a chapter president and long time alumni leader in this area. The Alumni Association no longer represents me. And I'm saddened by that. I'd close with "for the glory", but there really isn't any glory left, is there??

I read the transcript of Franco's speech and was not at all offended by it. From reports of those who were there, neither were the vast majority of alums in attendance as it was greeted by a standing ovation--less the leadership of the university. I do not see that a divisive but evidence of a major disconnect between leadership and membership. I was disappointed in your apology. Franco Harris is one of the most accomplished alumni this university has produced--both athletically and in real life and the business world. His words should be heeded.

The issue is that the NCAA chose to publicly denigrate Penn State as an institution *and* it's alumni as a culture out of control--characterized by the NCAA as a group of people who aided and abetted child molestation. The Alumni Association did absolutely nothing and continues to do nothing to defend its members against that charge, one that has us characterized as a national pariah. That's the issue.

I live in Columbus, Ohio. It is difficult for me, even if I so desired, to show Penn State pride--except in private. I had tires slashed because I had an Alumni Association sticker on my car (it no longer carries such). Add to that personal insults form passers by and even law enforcement--well, you get the picture. It was easing--until the latest allegations came out--and the firestorm returned. While I appreciated President Barron's comments--they were too little too late. And there was nothing from the Alumni Association.

The Alumni Association has compounded that error by transforming Alumni Council into an mostly appointed board, where the very alumni they are supposed to represent are being marginalized in favor of a small ruling elite, who decide which alumni are "worthy" and which are not and who have removed one of the basic rules for good governance, Robert's Rules of Order.

I was once a chapter president and long time alumni leader in this area. The Alumni Association no longer represents me. And I'm saddened by that. I'd close with "for the glory", but there really isn't any glory left, is there??
that was truly excellent

just saw a post by Deb Biedel on Facebook (and maybe she can clarify here) that she is on the Alumni Council in a leadership position, and she recalls no vote nor discussion about Franco's speech being "divisive", so there's no precedent to deem it so by anyone associated with the PSAA . . .

Awesome - the arrogant, "elitist", narcissistic dirtballs who do not have authority to cast their personal opinions as codified "PSU Institutional opinions" are pieces of work. They make scumbags like Madoff or Kozlowski look like integrity-filled, highly-ethical character role-models!?!? These insulated hacks drink their own Kool-Aide - e.g., believe their own self-promotion and pedantic bloviating.....where's the puke-bucket? Yea, what corageous leadership and role-models - these freaks are the diametric opposite of the saying "Walk the Talk" - these cowards, charlatans, thieves and whores are all "Talk" (e.g., self-promotion) and zero "Walk" (e.g., "character" and "principles").

CMJArktWIAAcvbL.png

This deserves a standing O too!

To an alumnus:

For the Glory,
Paul [Clifford]
BULLSHIT FRANCO HAD THE BAL;LS YOU LACK.. ANOTHER EFFIN APOLOGIST

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT