ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

Obviously you're not the annual Recruiting National Champ.

The kid from Georgia ... oof. Same one who pinned Jesuroga, right? Got teched by McCort 8th grader Jax Forrest, then sucker punched Forrest after the match.
Obviously you're not the annual Recruiting National Champ.

The kid from Georgia ... oof. Same one who pinned Jesuroga, right? Got teched by McCort 8th grader Jax Forrest, then sucker punched Forrest after the match.
Yeah same kid. Forrest is really good. McCort is loaded. I think Riggins got a point deduction too. Not sure why

The kid who I think is going to be an absolute hammer in college is Matt Singleton. He is going to NC State. Ranked number 1 at 170 in Flo rankings but wrestled 182 at the elite 8 duals. I wish he wrestled 170 this weekend so he could have wrestled Danny Wask who is 3rd at 170 in the same Flo rankings. I have to say though that Flo rankings are horrible. At this same weight they have Josh Barr ranked 7th?!?! Come on
Potential recruit Carter Neves wrestled in these duals at 220 and won all of his matches that I’ve seen. He split time though so didn’t wrestle every dual. He did tech Pavchelko

They've done this before right? I remember them doing it at the last tournament/event they were at.
Pretty recently if I remember. It’s a corollary to the excessive lung breaks practiced by the Decatur boys during tough matches.

Busiello started to have serial injury breaks in his matches late in HS if I remember correctly. There’s was always something wrapped/drama. Lemonpie spotted that trend early

Pretty recently if I remember. It’s a corollary to the excessive lung breaks practiced by the Decatur boys during tough matches.

Busiello started to have serial injury breaks in his matches late in HS if I remember correctly. There’s was always something wrapped/drama. Lemonpie spotted that trend early
Not a great look for them.

Yeah same kid. Forrest is really good. McCort is loaded. I think Riggins got a point deduction too. Not sure why
Riggins didn't get a point deduction. The coach threw his hat during his match like a challenge but there were no challenges at the event so they called unsportsmanlike and took a point.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
There are some crazy, Willie Saylor will be going crazy, results from this weekend.
Elite 8 duals had some solid competition. That crapps thing was bananas, but losing to an 8th grader blew his top. He gained all that Respect by pinning Jesuroga and then ruined it.
That Sawyer Bartlet kid was the most impressive wrestler this weekend imo. Beating Sasso and Stewart is impressive.
Got to see highlights of the The Pa card. The tOSU Williams brothers both quit half way through. Basset scored 11 in the first in the first broke him. Gibson is so quick and I agree could be a RBY type.

They should file charges against the kid. There is no excuse for that. A sucker punch followed by a feet to back takedown off the mat? The kid is lucky he wasn't seriously hurt.
I agree- charges should be filed and he should be penalized from wrestling for a while. No doubt every college who had him circled, probably removed his name,,,, except Iowa. They see the next Desanto in that behavior

I remember way back years ago at the dapper dan a kid from Burgettstown was getting his ass handed to him and he either punched or bit the other wrestler he got booted!

Already beating Nico in the womb.
giphy.gif

The kid who I think is going to be an absolute hammer in college is Matt Singleton. He is going to NC State. Ranked number 1 at 170 in Flo rankings but wrestled 182 at the elite 8 duals. I wish he wrestled 170 this weekend so he could have wrestled Danny Wask who is 3rd at 170 in the same Flo rankings. I have to say though that Flo rankings are horrible. At this same weight they have Josh Barr ranked 7th?!?! Come on
Potential recruit Carter Neves wrestled in these duals at 220 and won all of his matches that I’ve seen. He split time though so didn’t wrestle every dual. He did tech Pavchelko
He’s gonna look good also sliding right in front of Dylan Fishback at 197 too for the WolfPack

Reactions: kevin310 and zzs006
Where would Meyer fit if Beau and Carter use 5 yrs, and SVN, Levi, and Facundo all pan out? I think they need Mullen and MM more.
Brooks has 2 years left -- Shapiro's SR year and shirt year. Then everybody moves up, Van Ness stays 149, Shapiro goes 157. At least that was the theory until 2 hrs ago.

Where would Meyer fit if Beau and Carter use 5 yrs, and SVN, Levi, and Facundo all pan out? I think they need Mullen and MM more.
I think most people assume that AB goes up to 197, Carter to 184, Facundo to 174, Levi to 165, and Meyer would have fit at 157. Obviously a lot of assumptions there but it could make sense.
With no Shapiro Kasak is a need. Another interesting kid that I’ve heard nothing about is Nicco Ruiz from CA. Tough kid who is going to be a senior but has not committed yet. I definitely agree with you though that McGowan and Mullen are bigger targets and weights of need. If not McGowan than Mason Gibson especially if he can hold 125-133.

Brooks has 2 years left -- Shapiro's SR year and shirt year. Then everybody moves up, Van Ness stays 149, Shapiro goes 157. At least that was the theory until 2 hrs ago.
Oh we here at NN have backup plans. Gonna give Brooks an Olympic Redshirt so he will be around another 3 years. Instead of Shapiro, we are now targeting Sealy.

Oh we here at NN have backup plans. Gonna give Brooks an Olympic Redshirt so he will be around another 3 years. Instead of Shapiro, we are now targeting Sealy.
I know I've said this countless times before, but there are no must-have recruits. Some guys we want very badly -- but we have missed on many national champs and finalists, and it's always worked out.

We're in great shape for the next few years. We obviously wanted Shapiro, but whether we get Sealey or somebody else at 157, or somebody else at a different weight, we'll be OK.

I know I've said this countless times before, but there are no must-have recruits. Some guys we want very badly -- but we have missed on many national champs and finalists, and it's always worked out.

We're in great shape for the next few years. We obviously wanted Shapiro, but whether we get Sealey or somebody else at 157, or somebody else at a different weight, we'll be OK.
Yeah... I was being sarcastic. I never fret over those we don't get. Cael is in control.

Reactions: El-Jefe

All true, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t at least a little disappointment when a guy like Shapiro gets away.

Grandson johnstownsteel was just born so let's put him on our recruiting radar!!!!!!!! And if anyone reading this is passing out bags.... you need to talk to his Pappy.... :)
You need to put that announcement on HR. Larry will be calling you soon, NCHawk will deliver your Larry bag of cash to PAwrestling under a bridge somewhere between Iowa City and Tennessee.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT