ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

Bringing in Dake, Gilman and Snyder were masterstrokes. Combined with our home grown NLWC guys and coaches, prospects can pick the brains of 7 world champions.
And across the range of weights.

2vJ1wK.gif

can confirm the prospects are now recruiting the school and not vice versa.

it's unbelievable, really.
What Cael and team has built has earned this. Besides the NCAA development track record of the coaches and the culture, the ability to easily move to a stacked RTC, an MMA center, M2 for kids - if you are an elite high school combat kid looking for a place to grow - its perfect.

Can anyone comment on Duke’s opponent? To my untrained eye he seems to be a world bronze medalist. Watching the match, my impression was that Duke was a little faster and earned TDs on a few slide-bys but his opponent was a little stronger and pushed him off the mat for several step-outs.

Reactions: chuckmowl
with the situation being what it is now at PSU (Cael has the pick of the litter)

one thing he does well (and he's been almost immaculate at this)

is choose the right ones and keep the wrong ones out.
I think it's a 2 way relationship. Not all kids would be happy in going to Penn State under Cael. Age 18 can be very different for kids. Some are very driven and committed and others would tend to be on wild side. I went to Bloomsburg at age 17. It was the most fun I ever had. That's probably why I only went one year.🤔

I think it's a 2 way relationship. Not all kids would be happy in going to Penn State under Cael. Age 18 can be very different for kids. Some are very driven and committed and others would tend to be on wild side. I went to Bloomsburg at age 17. It was the most fun I ever had. That's probably why I only went one year.🤔
True.

Example: Bo Jordan didn't think PSU practices were serious enough.

So you’re saying Mr. Fast Twitch wouldn’t be happy at PSU? GIA will be relieved to hear that!

Reactions: Callthestall
I predict BoBass will end up 57/65, right where we DONT need anyone hahaha.
He won't even be a true freshman until Levi is out of eligibility, so he'll be coming on just as spots are opening. Sealey, Duke, Ryder, Barr, etc. all seem to be heading to 165+, so if Bassett can come in and hold 157, that would be perfect for the lineup.

I predict BoBass will end up 57/65, right where we DONT need anyone hahaha.
I'm not convinced he'll grow that much. He jumped 26 lb since 2023 (113 --> 139) and is on the older side of his class.

He might have been up a weight for lineup purposes, but then he still grew 20 lb (113 --> 133).

But you may be right. We'll see. Stranger things have happened.

I'm not convinced he'll grow that much. He jumped 26 lb since 2023 (113 --> 139) and is on the older side of his class.

He might have been up a weight for lineup purposes, but then he still grew 20 lb (113 --> 133).

His dad is no small guy and we all know he has his guys lifting....

Reactions: El-Jefe
He won't even be a true freshman until Levi is out of eligibility, so he'll be coming on just as spots are opening. Sealey, Duke, Ryder, Barr, etc. all seem to be heading to 165+, so if Bassett can come in and hold 157, that would be perfect for the lineup.
As mentioned in other threads, Duke has said he expects to go at 157 in college. I suppose that could change, but wouldn't necessarily expect it to change.

Sealey -165
Ryder - 174
Barr - 184

Thought he committed to Ok State. His mom wears the ugly Orange cowboys stuff all the time. I wonder if she went to college there. Someone get the mom some psu gear.

Reactions: ikS

I’m with you, El-Jefe.

No insight here, but… I think Bo is thinking of his international career, too, and positioning himself to grow into 149 in college. This would be perfect for him to cut down to the Olympic weight of 65 kg in 2028/32. The jump up to 139 this year- allowed his body to grow during what might be the end of his body’s height-growing phase.

Reactions: Sullivan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT