ADVERTISEMENT

PSU vs OSU Game Time?

MWes11

Apr 22, 2012
When can we expect a game time for this game to be announced? Have to attend a wedding at 4 so hoping it is big noon kickoff.

Reactions: NedFromYork
This. We’ll find out for sure 2 weeks from today, but it almost certain to be 12PM on FOX
Do we know that Fox has first choice that weekend? That's the one thing that would make me question things, as I'd be surprised if they end up covering all 3 of the PSU/Mich/OSU matchups, since I'd think another network would get one of those (and we already know the Mich-OSU and PSU-Mich are on Fox).

edit - maybe they do, since it seems like NBC already has a 3:30pm/7:30pm doubleheader, and CBS only has 7 games this season and this isn't one of their weekends.

Last edited:
Do we know that Fox has first choice that weekend? That's the one thing that would make me question things, as I'd be surprised if they end up covering all 3 of the PSU/Mich/OSU matchups, since I'd think another network would get one of those (and we already know the Mich-OSU and PSU-Mich are on Fox).

edit - maybe they do, since it seems like NBC already has a 3:30pm/7:30pm doubleheader, and CBS only has 7 games this season and this isn't one of their weekends.
The “leaked” tentative NBC schedule has that network with MSU/Michigan that night which is IMHO clearly the second choice game. FOX at noon is the remaining network window that day for the Big Ten.

It was reported that FOX had the first three choices this year and there were no good OOC home games (WVU/PSU was probably the best and it went to NBC) so it wouldn’t be surprising if FOX got all three PSU/UM/tOSU matchups in that case.

I’ll also just note that even if FOX did have the first three choices this season doesn’t mean that will be the case every year. It very likely may have been due to CBS having a limited number of Big Ten games. In 2024, it’s possible they might only have the first pick or first two, etc

Interesting graphic from the buckeye board. Not sure Fox is a given quite yet.

F64oUe8XcAQzkx7

Maybe it ends up on Peacock.

• Angry
Reactions: The Spin Meister

F64oUe8XcAQzkx7

It's not official yet because the games that weekend have not be "set" or announced, but all signs point to FOX having the first pick and they would certainly take that game if they choose first.

F64oUe8XcAQzkx7

I wouldn’t read anything into that…the other two game times/channels have been announced. This will be on a 12 day hold.

I don't know why people get mad about the kick times
Noon kicks are great....I'd only care if I was in California and the game started at 9am like USC-Colorado this weekend.

Noon kicks are great....I'd only care if I was in California and the game started at 9am like USC-Colorado this weekend.
And honestly, like I said in a previous thread, it wasn’t that bad. Breakfast, Bloody Mary’s and PSU football was a pretty good time when I was out there.

Reactions: LandoComando
I'd rather play that game in Columbus at noon rather than later in the day or at night. However, if that game were at home, I would want it to be later in the day for many reasons.

Reactions: bison13
I'd rather play that game in Columbus at noon rather than later in the day or at night. However, if that game were at home, I would want it to be later in the day for many reasons.
I do get that people may want to tailgate longer than are attending plus travel time etc. As KCLION mentioned. I like having people over at 10...drinking early then hanging out the rest of the day watching other games. No kick time is truly bad with a national spotlight

It's not official yet because the games that weekend have not be "set" or announced, but all signs point to FOX having the first pick and they would certainly take that game if they choose first.

Fox does not have 1st pick every week - they have first pick 1/2 of the weekends. CBS and NBC split the first pick on the remaining half. How the weeks for each network are determined, I don't know.

Fox does not have 1st pick every week - they have first pick 1/2 of the weekends. CBS and NBC split the first pick on the remaining half. How the weeks for each network are determined, I don't know.
We’ve never had any official confirmation about how the picks work with the new Big Ten TV contracts. That said, I am of the opinion that what you have suggested is the most likely situation for 2024 and beyond.

That said, 2023 is operating differently due to the CBS situation so the terms and function for this season don’t necessarily indicate what we’ll see in the future. Media reports have indicated that FOX had the top three choices this season and they almost certainly used them to grab tOSU/UM, UM/PSU and PSU/tOSU. Those are far and away the top three conference home games this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT