ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Hitters: Wednesday Penn State football practice news, notes, and observations

Aug 31, 2005
State College
bwi.rivals.com
Hello.

How is everyone doing today? Good? Are you sitting down? Did you get a good night's rest? Everyone have a friend they can call after reading this?

These are the Penn State football practice Wednesday quick hitters:

1) Ta'Quan Roberson wasn't at practice Wednesday.

And, according to @Ryan Snyder/BWI Staff, he also wasn't at practice on Tuesday. This, of course, coming after he didn't appear in Penn State's 20-18 9OT loss to Illinois in which injured starter Sean Clifford struggled throughout, and at times appeared to be hurting pretty badly.

I'm not going to do the math here publicly before we know for absolute certain what's going on, and right now, we don't.

But, 2+2=I bet Ta'Quan Roberson isn't injured and doesn't have a sick extended family member preventing him from being at Penn State football practice the past two days.

James Franklin speaks at 6:15. We'll see what he says because he will definitely be asked if Penn State is down to two scholarship quarterbacks on the roster for its game against No. 5 Ohio State this weekend.

2) John Lovett and Devyn Ford were back!

How about that?

Running backs order was Keyvone Lee, Noah Cain, Lovett, Ford, and Tank Smith.

3) Intensity was more pronounced this afternoon in terms of coaches getting into the guys. As I always say, we have such a limited window to be able to watch that it's never worth taking much away from, but I just wanted to pass it along nonetheless.

4) Defense was really stressing takeaways this afternoon. Pushing to take advantage of opportunities, this has been one of the interesting dynamics of Penn State's season defensively in that they're the No. 19-ranked team in the country for turnover margin but have had so many more opportunities that have been missed.

Coincidentally, Ohio State is tied with the same number.

Full report coming after James Franklin's session with the media coming up here shortly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News