ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Nasa pic thread. I'm clueless but is there daylight on the moon? Please no ball breaking.......

Mr. Potter

Dec 27, 2004
but I would imagine there would be some sunlight. If not is it because there is no atmosphere gas?

Scientist please enlighten

but I would imagine there would be some sunlight. If not is it because there is no atmosphere gas?

The moon rotates around the earth. The same side always faces the earth. As the moon rotates around the earth, the part that faces the sun changes. Moonlight is reflected sunlight.

Yes there is sunlight on the moon, where do you think the light you see from the moon comes from?

*shakes head*

Earth. It doesn't seem to have the sunny skies ever. I never was interested in science but the post with the Nasa pics was awesome

Earth. It doesn't seem to have the sunny skies ever. I never was interested in science but the post with the Nasa pics was awesome

The earth is just reflected sunlight. That lightbulb in your kitchen isn't really strong enough to be seen from the moon.

No "sunny skies" because no atmosphere. The surface gets lit by the Sun but since there's no atmosphere to capture the Suns rays there are no "sunny" skies.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT