ADVERTISEMENT

Recruit Isheem Young not playing for Imhotep tonight

This kid is done at PSU.

I suppose I should feel sorry for him but I really don't. If true, I have no sympathy for his actions.

Good news for PSU is that we have several 4 star guys waiting for a scholly to open.

Smith from Imhotep looked really good tonight against Bethlehem Catholic. 3rd in state for 19, but not PSU offer.

Reactions: NelsonMunce
This really sucks because Imhotep beat Bethlehem Catholic 34-14 and will face Erie Cathedral Prep next week in the state final. Can't see Tep winning without Young. We were all looking forward to this game.

ARD? Armed Robbery isn't his first DUI, its a very serious offense. He is looking at some serious time, if a threat was made with the weapon or someone life was on the line, he could get 30-40 years as Felony 1.

With it on his record he is pretty much screwed.

I get that and that is why I said it is probably out of the question. We don’t know the facts at this point, and it is just a rumor of armed robbery, right? I have seen on countless times, charges completely different than what was expected which is why I said ARD is probably not an option. When the charges are filed, I will amend my statement if you want. I understand it is serious and I am in no way minimizing it. If the facts support an armed robbery charge, then be it and let him be convicted and sentenced.

Just today I saw a case where the guy was charged with Aggravated Assault and pled it down to Disorderly Conduct.

This kid is done at PSU.

I suppose I should feel sorry for him but I really don't. If true, I have no sympathy for his actions.

Good news for PSU is that we have several 4 star guys waiting for a scholly to open.

Smith from Imhotep looked really good tonight against Bethlehem Catholic. 3rd in state for 19, but not PSU offer.
WV better be nervous...I think Raines may be back on the board

Just my own speculation, but I thought it was interesting just how many times Isheem Young was visiting State College during the recruiting process. Don't know the exact number, but it seemed like it had to be 6 or 8 times, if not more.

It was almost as if he realized that he needed to be away from some bad influences. Really sorry to see what appears to be very serious trouble for this young man.

Last edited:
I mean, do these kids have no one in their life looking out for them? A parent, guardian, coach? Anyone to tell them they're going to throw it all away? Or, maybe just to stupid to listen.
Honestly, I was thinking I wish this kid would enroll early and get him away from that scene. Maybe some discipline and regimen could have helped him out. Sad really.

Nobody likes you here, go away. Your life is so miserable you try to troll and pick fights with grown men on PSU board. Think about that when your inflated head hits the pillow tonight loser.

Ignore him. It’s been proven he is a complete troll that brings nothing here.

So his commitment date is July 18. And this robbery occurred in July

Is he the kid that did the video around the swimming pool?

He had s pretty busy month.
From the article:

A police report alleged that Young, armed with a black revolver, robbed the Wawa at 1602 Christopher Columbus Blvd. on July 30 and took $13,600 in cash from the store’s safe. Young committed to Penn State less than two weeks before the incident.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...-school-football-state-playoffs-20171201.html

Last edited:
I have coached kids for many many years and it's so sad to see situations like this. Kids that have little to no support systems, no role models, they are in desperate situations some times. obviously a great opportunity is gone for him that could have turned his life to the positive. I don't have words for this. This is more than, "he's done". This is his life, much more important than football. I hope he can find help and change in his life.

From the article:

A police report alleged that Young, armed with a black revolver, robbed the Wawa at 1602 Christopher Columbus Blvd. on July 30 and took $13,600 in cash from the store’s safe. Young committed to Penn State less than two weeks before the incident.
Hitting the safe is big time premeditated sh!t. Insane.

Also from the article: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...-school-football-state-playoffs-20171201.html

“I haven’t hid from recruiters that he could be the best football player I’ve ever coached,” Crosby said then. “Offensively, he is smooth. He sees it and hits it. There aren’t a lot of moves. It’s just one cut and go. If he has to make a move … he can shake you out of your shoes or he can run you over. ”

As a freshman, Young’s offensive skills earned a national spotlight after his four-touchdown, 158-yard rushing performance led the Northwest Raiders to their first Pop Warner National Super Bowl title.

Crosby was asked if all the attention was too much, too soon.

“I don’t worry about him,” Crosby said then. But he did express concern about outside influences.

“The group he has around him now is solid,” Crosby said then. “That group has been a great influence, but I’m just a little concerned about people trying to get in his ear that are trying to get a gain for themselves and not a gain for him. ”

Among Young’s inner circle in 2016 were his mother, Nicole Hawkins; Cyril Woodland, who coached Young on the Northwest Raiders; and Cliff Puckett, who coached Young from 10 to 13 years old with the youth football CYA Gators.

Young said in February 2016 that his early success only served as extra motivation.

“I’m excited about the college scholarship offers, but I know more will come if I work even harder,” he said then. “As of right now, it feels great. My grades are good, and I’m getting scholarships. Every day I’m happy.”

Last edited:
Just sad and he was committed to us already, such a bright future. I get the support system stuff etc and I have never had be in such a rough situation thankfully but he's not 11, he's 18. He knows the difference from right or wrong. Hell, the kid was picking what colleges he was going to go to. If he only chose Bama he would have just received the $$ upon signing.

Reactions: LoyalandTrueLion
How did this happen last July, but only now it's coming out? Outside of Young, no one else knew this was going to be an issue? Seems hard to believe.

How did this happen last July, but only now it's coming out? Outside of Young, no one else knew this was going to be an issue? Seems hard to believe.

Because tonight they had enough to make an arrest. Why is it so hard to believe it takes time to investigate a crime?

I’m shocked you haven’t blamed Wawa yet for keeping so much money in their safe.

Reactions: NittanyOpp
I have coached kids for many many years and it's so sad to see situations like this. Kids that have little to no support systems, no role models, they are in desperate situations some times. obviously a great opportunity is gone for him that could have turned his life to the positive. I don't have words for this. This is more than, "he's done". This is his life, much more important than football. I hope he can find help and change in his life.

Could not have said it better. The kid was a few months away from really having an opportunity to get out and away from the bad influences in his life

Penn State commit Isheem Young (4* safety) charged with robbery and conspiracy, among other crimes, for alleged July 30 robbery of convenience store, taking $13,600 from the store’s safe with aid of his brother, the store manager:

criminy people are cranky on this board

I hope this kid gets himself straightened out....he's still got time to turn it around....good luck man, hope you get it together

Reactions: PearlSUJam
When was he arrested? Was it in July?

If he was arrested in July he would not have played a down this year and would have already had his scholarship pulled. He was just arrested yesterday.

Like others have said, it takes time to investigate crimes. It appears as if the place was robbed in July and after an investigation they arrested Young yesterday.

Just my own speculation, but I thought it was interesting just how many times Isheem Young was visiting State College during the recruiting process. Don't know the exact number, but it seemed like it had to be 6 or 8 times, if not more.

It was almost as if he realized that he needed to be away from some bad influences. Really sorry to see what appears to be very serious trouble for this young man.

Maybe he needed to be away from the Police who were trying to ID him?

LdN

Just sad and he was committed to us already, such a bright future. I get the support system stuff etc and I have never had be in such a rough situation thankfully but he's not 11, he's 18. He knows the difference from right or wrong. Hell, the kid was picking what colleges he was going to go to. If he only chose Bama he would have just received the $$ upon signing.

This kid wasn't destitute. He did this because he wanted to not because he had to. His brother was the manger of the WaWa and they conspired to commit this robbery. He had more going for him than 99% of young people, and still felt the need to commit armed robbery. The hubris of this kid in incredible and hope he goes away for some time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT