ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: 2016 WR Tre Nixon

RyanSnyder

BWI Recruiting Analyst
Silver Member
Nov 2, 2013
Bellefonte
I posted this same update in the feedback thread, but I can't add anymore responses to my first post in that thread due to a word limit, so I decided to just make a separate thread for Nixon to make sure no one missed it.

WR Tre Nixon - FILM - Viera, Fla. - Viera - 2016

- Overall impression on today's visit

"It was important for me to get back up here and get some one-on-one time with the coaches, see how the players interact and just get a vibe for the whole thing. They are truly a family up here, very down-to-earth people. I have important decisions to make heading forward and this visit helped out a lot with Penn State."

- On who all he spoke with during the barbecue today

"I talked with a lot of people, just about every coach and every commit. All the commits and players just told me why they went to Penn State or why they committed there. Also, the coaches just told me how much they want me to be apart of their class they're building and showed me and my family a lot of love."

- Nixon is in no rush to make a decision, but he made it very clear to me during our discussion that today was a pivotal visit for the Nittany Lions. I've thought for months now that Penn State was in Nixon's top five. He didn't openly admit that, but he hinted that they should receive one of his five official visits this fall. Nixon is out to dinner with his family now, so I kept our conversation brief, but I will follow up with him again this week. He and his family will eat breakfast with the staff tomorrow, then fly back to Florida in the afternoon. Personally, I'm still not confident enough to say that PSU is definitely the leader here, but I'm getting close. Today was massive for Nixon and PSU. I still think that these official visits will be extremely important for him, which is the main reason I'm not ready to go out on that limb yet, but I can't underestimate how big today's trip was for him. PSU is probably sitting in the pole position at this very moment, but other visits to other schools are coming, so lets just see how they play out first.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News