ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: Ath. Omari Evans earns offer from Penn State

Ryan Snyder/BWI Staff

Aug 11, 2010

I'm tied up with my kids this afternoon, but I did speak with 2022 prospect Omari Evans this afternoon following his announcement that has offered. He clarified that the offer is for wide receiver and added a few comments via text.

- On when his relationship with Penn State started

"Coach Yurcich hit me up and told me that they were very interested, but due to lack of my film at receiver, they wanted me to come do a 1-on-1 workout. He reached out last Saturday, I'm pretty sure. So, I came up here to do the workout and look around the campus."

- On the workout and how it went

"The workout was great. I caught everything and my time was 4.30 forty. That was the average because one coach clocked me at 4.25 and one clocked me at 4.32. My shuttle was a 4.21 and my long jump personal record is 24-feet, 2 inches."

- On what he liked about the visit

"Man, the stadium was crazy. Also the locker rooms and weight rooms, it was all great. I also liked the game room and the coaches were all awesome. Coach Stubblefield seems like a good guy and knows what he’s doing. He's also a fun guy."

Evans added that he's visited Baylor, Houston, Rutgers and Vanderbilt. I'm not sure if his visit to Houston was an official or not. I need to clarify that, but the other three were. He also said that he has no plans to decide this summer and he talked to the staff about coming back for the White Out game this season. Once we wrap up this weekend, I'll get a better feel for where he truly stands. One thing I was planning to post at some point today is that I'm hearing great things about Darrius Clemons' visit. Not sure if he would make a commitment right away, but there's certainly some belief that Penn State is doing a great job with Clemons and his family so far. I didn't get to watch him workout or anything like that yesterday, but physically, he's very impressive. The same can be said about Moses Walker. Both of those guys grabbed my attention yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News