ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Chat w/ Ryan Snyder

RyanSnyder

BWI Recruiting Analyst
Silver Member
Nov 2, 2013
Bellefonte
I'll be free for the next hour or so. Before anyone asks, it's way too early to get a feel for if any recruits may go elsewhere. I already said that I don't expect this to have a major impact on the class. I spoke with Shorter's dad earlier today and I hope to speak with Slade's family in the next day or two. I'll reach out to everyone this evening, but those would be the two that schools really go after. Both have been extremely loyal to PSU, so I'd be surprised if this was such a shock that it scared someone like Slade away.

I was able to speak with some contacts though about the size of this class and what could happen down the stretch. I did confirm that PSU is able to backdate four of its early enrollees this year if they'd like - PSU only took 21 last year. Because of that, they could technically take up to 29 this year, but I highly doubt that happens. Remember, they have to get under the 85 scholarship limit down the road. That's what will hold the staff back.

With that said, they do have the freedom to bring in all of their top remaining targets if they so choose, so we'll have to wait and see how they approach this down the road.

Again, I'll be free until about 1 PM. I have a busy afternoon, but I'll do my best to answer as many questions as I can over lunch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News