ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: DT Karamo Dioubate

RyanSnyder

BWI Recruiting Analyst
Silver Member
Nov 2, 2013
Bellefonte
I caught up with Philly DT Karamo Dioubate last night.

Over the past day or two, there's been some talk that he may be closing in on a decision, so I reached out last night. From what he was telling me, I got the vibe that he could make a decision sometime in the next month or so, but I personally didn't get the feeling that anything was imminent.

With Penn State's 2016 class finishing up, the staff is definitely making it clear to him that numbers are limited. He's absolutely still a take and probably will be a take until the very end, but I do get the impression that the staff is making a serious push with him right now.

Ohio State is in a similar position, so they're also making a bit of a push, but I still feel confident that PSU should be the team he ultimately ends up at.

Over the next couple weeks, I'll keep in touch with him to monitor things. I think he'd prefer to just wait until the end, but PSU and OSU are miles ahead of everyone else and I think PSU is even substantially ahead of OSU, so he also understands that he doesn't want to lose out on his spot.

Like I've said before, every commitment from here on out will impact other recruits in some manner. I really believe that, if PSU can get one, maybe two commitments in the next month or so, the floodgates will open and we'll be focusing 90% of our time on 2017.

It's going to be really interesting if someone makes a commitment in the next three weeks.

UPDATED: Thursday - Aug. 13 - 5 PM

Talked to Karamo some more.

Im starting to think something could be more imminent now. Probably not tonight, but within the next week or so.

PSU let him know how important he is to them and he's basically all but admitted PSU is his favorite, so this could be coming sooner than later.

He does genuinely want to visit Alabam and maybe one or two other SEC schools, but I think he knows that he's not going to go far from home anyways, so it probably won't even matter.

We'll see what happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News