ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: News & Notes

RyanSnyder

BWI Recruiting Analyst
Silver Member
Nov 2, 2013
Bellefonte
Just a few things to pass on...

- I updated a few players on the offensive side of the Offers Board this morning. Click Here to read that.

- I was able to speak with a few people regarding Noah Cain over the past 24 hours and if there's one thing I learned, it's that every school still feels as if they're in the mix here. PSU feels good after this weekend, but Texas felt great about its chances following last weekend's trip to Austin. Also, Georgia has been working on him hard following John Emery's decommitment. His family is excited to visit Athens this upcoming weekend. With the success Georgia has had in recruiting lately, I don't think you can write them off at all. Sure, they may have came in late, but they've been a machine on the recruiting trail.

As for LSU, Emery is now their top target at running back, which bumps Cain down to their backup choice now. That comes from our colleagues that cover the Tigers, so that makes this recruitment all the more interesting. So, to sum it up, I'm holding off on a prediction for now. It really is tough to read. One good thing is that we should know where he ends up before he announces Dec. 19. According to Cain's dad, they plan to make a decision during the first or second week in December. Between myself and my colleagues at the different sites within the network, one of us will get the scoop.

- Just a few changes to Richards' schedule. He was talking about visiting Florida or Auburn this past weekend. Neither of those visits took place. He's now saying that he'll visit Auburn Dec. 7-8. Florida, Miami and Tennessee should also receive official visits at some point. I still feel like Penn State is a real dark horse here, but he's also now talking about now making a commitment in February. Personally, I don't think that would be in Penn State's favor, but we'll see what happens. Again, this recruitment reminds me a lot of John Dunmore. Everyone down south thinks Richards will stay down south, all while Ja'Juan Seider just continues to chip away and chip away.

- I'm planning to speak with Ellies' coach as soon as he's able to sit down with D'Von and have a good talk about this past weekend. From everything I've gathered from Penn State's end, the staff likely solidified itself as the team to beat. They were already in an excellent position coming into the weekend and now this visit has won over his parents. I haven't made a prediction yet, but that's going to change here in the next 24 hours or so, once I'm able to speak with his coach. I think PSU's D-line haul is all but set: DT D'Von Ellies, DT Jared Hunte and DE Adisa Isaac. If any of those guys end up elsewhere, I'd be surprised. I think Smith Vilbert is also very much in the mix.

- Most of you probably saw Adam's story by now, but if not, 2019 WR Cornelius Johnson confirmed that he'll take an official visit to Penn State Dec. 7-8. That's the same weekend that PSU will host basically all of its committed players. DE Smith Vilbert and DT Jared Hunte are also set to visit that weekend. I expect others to end up visiting that weekend, too. That's already setting up to be a weekend where Penn State earns multiple commitments. With that said, I think there's quite a bit of work to do with Johnson. I know David Corley has been working on him hard, so this is certainly a positive development. Also, getting him around all the committed players will only help. Right now, PSU is probably outside of his Top 3, but as I've said a million times, one visit can change everything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News