Recruiting: Rivals100 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanSnyder

BWI Recruiting Analyst
Silver Member
Nov 2, 2013
Bellefonte

I apologize for not posting more on this earlier. Not only was the site down, but I was away from my house most of the day. Sorry about that.

A few key players to note

No. 9 DB Lamont Wade
No. 16 DE Josh Kaindoh
No. 26 LB Jordan Anthony
No. 38 RB D'Andre Swift
No. 51 LB Drew Singleton
No. 62 OL Calvin Ashley
No. 86 WR Danny Davis
No. 90 WR Mark Webb

- As you should know, Wade and Kaindoh are at the top of the staff's board. A commitment from Wade, Dec. 17, and from Kaindoh, Jan. 1, and the staff would be ecstatic. I think they sit well with Wade. PSU fans should feel good about that. I think the staff feels good about Kaindoh, but he's still more up in the air than Wade. We'll just have to see how he progresses throughout the month. I expect in-home/in-school visits from James Franklin for both of these guys this week.

- It feels as if Penn State is prioritizing Nathan Proctor down the stretch at linebacker, but official visits from Anthony or even Singleton wouldn't be a a total shock if scholarships open up after the bowl game. Singleton just visited Michigan State and will go to Michigan this weekend. Anthony just took an official to Oklahoma. He visited Michigan back in October.

- Official visits from Mark Webb and D'Andre Swift are possible down the stretch, but I still think it's going to take a lot to pluck them from Georgia.

- Danny Davis made the biggest move in the final rankings. Josh Helmholdt gave his opinion on Davis earlier in this thread. PSU is in the mix with quite a few solid receivers: Davis, Jaylen Harris, KJ Hamler. Even an official visit from Henry Ruggs wouldn't surprise me. I think that situation could go quite a few different ways. I did learn over the weekend that Josh Gattis and Sean Spencer went to IMG Academy last Thursday, mainly for Kaindoh and Hamler. With Oregon now changing staffs, plus what happened at Michigan State, Hamler may be the one to watch. I know PSU likes Hamler more than Davis, so that's why I say that. Davis is very much in play though. Multiple committed players have told me that they think there's a real chance Davis could be part of this staff. I don't take their thoughts too seriously - I learned that very early on haha - but I think it is something we need to keep in mind, especially considering that Davis rarely talks. Hamler has gone very quiet, too, ever since he got injured at IMG this season, so only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News