ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: Weekend Recap

RyanSnyder

BWI Recruiting Analyst
Silver Member
Nov 2, 2013
Bellefonte
I'm still working to touch base with PJ Mustipher and Christian Armstrong, but I was able to speak with contacts yesterday in regards to the weekend. There were a few things that caught my attention.

- From what I've gathered, there's a real chance that DT PJ Mustipher could end up committing to Penn State in the near future, possibly as soon as this week. Multiple people feel as if PSU is definitely the team to beat now.

- DE Jayson Oweh also had a very good visit, but like I mentioned previously, the offers from Ohio State and Notre Dame have his attention. He's going to give those two schools, as well as Wisconsin, a real look before taking that next step. But PSU should be considered the favorite right now. This weekend only strengthened the staff's chances. You can read more on his visit HERE.

- No commitment from OL Christian Armstrong, but the Lions are a real option here. The staff made it clear to him that they're willing to wait longer than most would think, which tells me that Armstrong continues to rise on their board. Obviously, they want him to join asap, but they're not pressing him. I still think there's a good chance he ends his recruitment this summer. A visit to Florida State is likely this summer. If it drags into July, I wouldn't be surprised if Armstrong returned for the Lasch Bash BBQ.

- OL TJ Bradley informed me that if he were to commit to a school today, it would be Penn State. Of course, he went from 0 offers to 10 in about six weeks, so he's not going to rush this recruitment. That's the smart thing to do. If he's down to make a commitment this summer, I think he'll be a Lion. The issue here is that some big-time schools are seriously interested, but want to see him play a game or two first. I know that both Alabama and LSU have said that there's a real chance they'll offer him by the end of September if they like what they see. So, that's something that could really impact his recruitment. I don't think PSU will have space still come the fall. I put up a full update on Bradley's visit this morning. You can read more HERE.

- Overall, PSU made a strong first impression on DE Eyabi Anoma and 2019 OL Darrian Dalcourt. Anoma doesn't open up much. He keeps to himself, but PSU feels as if they're in the mix now. I know PSU wants to get multiple St. Frances players on campus for camp this summer, so it'll be interesting to see if he returns next month or in July. Everyone is talking about Alabama being the favorite here, and that may still be the case, but Penn State is a real option now. A second visit in the next month or two could prove to be important.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News