ADVERTISEMENT

Rember..joe told us.

More talent based on what, recruiting stars? Or your opinion? I don't think we've lost to a single team with less talent than we have. Temple and NW both have more talent and more importantly, more seasoned talent than we do. Do you think we have the talent to beat Stanford or almost beat ND?
No sir. I've been very clear about this. 4-5 years of recruiting rankings say that we have more talent than teams like NW & Temple even when considering the sanctions. A ton more than teams like UB and Army. But definitely not the talent level of teams like UM or MSU (or ND).

P.S. Was NW's QB more seasoned than PSU's defense?

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
He also said "you're never as bad as you think or as good as you think...." He was a sage

Joe didnt tell us anything.

Joe's teams ran for first downs and closed games. Period.

Really? Closed games! As in a few good year over the last couple of decades. Or, as in the last, say, 15 years or so PSU closed games. How many to 12 teams did he have. I don't feel like doing the research and my memory is slipping. Are we talking about the same coach? Wasn't he pressured to resign a couple of times before he was finally let go?

to lower our expectations....JD"s showing us to have no expectations..

I'm in the camp of giving the guy a chance to show what he can do. It's still too early to say this is "his" team, so while i have a certain level of expectations, I also have a certain level of tolerance. That will begin to fade next year, and even more so in each following season. By year 5, he had better be in the 9 win zone or this isn't working. But until then, i'm giving him some rope.

I just hope the commits stand firm so he can build his team with his players. My greatest fear is we don't win enough (or well enough) and lose players we clearly need. In which case, his job will be that much more difficult.

I'm also not convinced this is all on donovan. I thought the play calling last week was pretty solid.. i had a much more difficult time figuring out what was coming. hack's ability to easily complete short tosses changed the tenor and made everything run more smoothly... and given the chance to execute an offense, donovan did that. so maybe it really isn't him.. perhaps it's the players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT