ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Bill Walton

Wow.

Hated him at UCLA- Cali Hippie on best team.

Hated him more when the Blazers beat my 76ers in NBA Finals.

Then I grew up a bit. Respected him on the Celtics teams- old guy trying to win.

We share a proclivity for Grateful Dead. Have a Grateful Red shirt of a skeleton 32 dunking.

Met him at NBA Jam Session Sponsor Party in Salt Lake 1993. Talked music. Have an autographed event ticket from that framed with another GD tic/ and a backstage pass in my office.

Bizarre commentator but there was insight beneath the chaos. Seemed to live his life his way and to the fullest.

R.I.P.

"His most famous game was the 1973 NCAA title matchup, UCLA against Memphis State, in which he shot an incredible 21-for-22 from the field and led the Bruins to another national championship.

The Bruins kept giving the ball to Walton, and he kept delivering in a performance for the ages."

Final stat line: 44 points 13 rebounds 2 assists 1 block in 33 minutes played.

I still don't know how he missed that 1 shot....

"His most famous game was the 1973 NCAA title matchup, UCLA against Memphis State, in which he shot an incredible 21-for-22 from the field and led the Bruins to another national championship.

The Bruins kept giving the ball to Walton, and he kept delivering in a performance for the ages."

I remember watching that game. Phenomenal game.

I did not know it til today but his brother played in the NFL. Only brother combo to play in the super bowl and NBA finals.

Reactions: creamery freak

Greg Lee on numerous alley hoops to Walton as u couldn’t dunk in those days…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT