ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Chi Rodriguez

Chi Chi would often play shots in a tournament where he would pretend that there was a tall tree at the front of the green or water 1 foot left of the green just to make him hit a more challenging shot. He said it made the game more fun. So there were times when he would hit a 60 degree wedge shot 100 feet in the air for the ball to go 20 yard even though he could have chipped the ball with a 7 iron at 8 feet in the air. He had a short par four that he opened in Florida that 10-20 times a year that he would play. It was designed to get kids to play golf. You paid a small fee and then you could play as many holes as you wanted to back in the day, course was near Clearwater and I took my boy there a number of times.

Chi Chi would often play shots in a tournament where he would pretend that there was a tall tree at the front of the green or water 1 foot left of the green just to make him hit a more challenging shot. He said it made the game more fun. So there were times when he would hit a 60 degree wedge shot 100 feet in the air for the ball to go 20 yard even though he could have chipped the ball with a 7 iron at 8 feet in the air. He had a short par four that he opened in Florida that 10-20 times a year that he would play. It was designed to get kids to play golf. You paid a small fee and then you could play as many holes as you wanted to back in the day, course was near Clearwater and I took my boy there a number of times.

Penn State used to have this as well.
Small fee 6 or 8 hole course.

Reactions: PSU Soupy
I'm going to pull out the sword tomorrow when I make a putt.

Sharon, Pa has a free golf course.

Back in my day it was called Dum-Dum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT