ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Denis Manotti

Lyco1990

Jan 14, 2014
Growing up the Danville Mifflinburg rivalry was awesome. Penn staters Scott Lynch,Jon Manotti, Rob Meloy, and Jimmy Martin. All participated. The patriarch of the Manotti clan, Bob Manotti Sr died within the last couple years. My favorite memory is sitting next to Mr. Manotti in Philadelphia at my first NCAA. He had hunted at my cabin years back. Now his son Denis has joins him in heaven above. Jon and Bob Jr. and family I wish you my condolences. RIP great men from a wrestling fan of you both.

Truly Mifflinburg wrestling royalty. Sad to see at such a young age. Godspeed.

Very sad. Growing up and going to school in Mifflinburg we all know the Manottis and have our own fond memories. (Bob Sr) Mr. Manotti yelled at me for something every time he saw me (not a joke). From the first time I met him in elementary school, (i was sent to his principals office) to times i ran into him on the mountain (while skipping school in high school). He had my best interest in mind at all times and was a fantastic teacher, coach and man. He passed that on to all of his kids. To this day Bob Jr still waves to me whenever he sees me. Very sad news for everyone.

Damn ... I followed Dustin in high school in District 4 and also kept track of him in college at Cornell. Still remember a story about the Cornell bus leaving him behind after the team stopped for a break somewhere ... Pretty sure his dad had to come pick him up, or something like that. Great family. Thoughts and prayers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT