ADVERTISEMENT

Roberson is in third year at PSU and should be further ahead

psykim

Gold Member
Jun 3, 2001
I understand backup QB does not get all that much practice time-why I do not understand because we lost game Saturday with inept play at QB a key part(obviously OL
penalty disasters, TE drops, and lack of Running game HURT).Backup QB play development should be a PRIORITY as I do not know how often QBs play all 12 games but often they do NOT! Roberson is in his THIRD year at PSU and should be further along than this if he would ever be a championship
level QB which PSU has to have to be successful. Certain QBs have great talent and/or are WINNERS- I would put McSorley more in the second category myself. I remember
reading comments from reporters on this site-and these reporters generally are very upbeat about PSU players- at how poorly Roberson looked at spring practices! I did not
forget these comments and when he had to come in I almost expected defeat. It is NOT lack of intelligence as i see on his information page that he was an All big
10 academic award winner-even though he played little last year as he was 3rd team. He presented himself quite well in the post game interview and is testament as to how
PSU players see themselves as part of a family. I bet he is a wonderful young man who has a great future-just not as a Football player. Tough part is that he may
be our best backup QB option (and starter if Clifford is out for next game) as our true 1st year QB did not even have high school football his senior year due to Covid and as a 3rd team QB probably gets even less reps than does Roberson!
Next year we will have a new starting QB back-I hope it is one of the incoming recruits as their ceiling is so high and I would rather see one of them develop than sit on a bench- but clearly developing the
backup QB must be a priority as so often QBs do not do through 12 games uninjured!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News