ADVERTISEMENT

RPO Mailing it in question for the board experts

tgar

Nov 14, 2001
guys, it’s apparent to many of you that Tgar knows more about getting trashed than he does X and Os. So I am asking this question seriously and with the upfront admission I am not a fan of the RPO.

When they go strict RPO with the play call the only person in control and knows what he is going to do or what he is doing as the play unfolds is the QB ( this is not an anti Trace question ), the line doesn’t, the RB doesn’t, the receivers don’t. At some point if the game has no rythym, the QB keeps the ball more often than not, there is no pre snap motion, etc. etc, same old routes, isn’t there a tendency for the OL, the receivers and even the RB to start mailing it in?

I would be frustrated as hell playing in that offense ( based on what little I know which is just observation ). Does this make sense?

I watch the Steelers every weekend as well ( God forbid, I love the NFL! LOL) and every one of their plays as it unfolds has a purpose that can be easier identified by me, the amateur arm chair QB.

Thanks. The kids look frustrated, the coach can’t pull the trigger, the fans are getting restless.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News