ADVERTISEMENT

Ruined Boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeaubie21

Oct 13, 2021
Over the years many.

Because owners/mods fall for the garbage.

Plotit, FOS, and others.

Just enable the trolls, Rich.

• Love
Reactions: Westcoast24
Over the years many.

Plotit, FOS, and others.

You're more than welcome to sign up and continue to use the Test or better known as the Current Events board.

Here's a promo code for 50% off -- BLUEWHITE24

Over the years many.

Plotit, FOS, and others.

First, things change. The printed media is taking a bloodbath right now in downsizing and layoffs. Five years ago they never saw it coming. The board ownership needs to make money. Who knows their business model but I've got no problem with someone trying to make some scratch.

Second, with this change, the site has shaken up the board norms that have existed for quite some time. The were the McA rules. There were the post McA rules. Now there is the post Test Board rules. This has never been a board that was limited to PSU. So that makes topics branch out onto Philly, Pitt, B1G, and regional areas of interest. That folds into laws, politics, the economy, health and etc.

it'll take a few weeks to settle out. But this is an election year and the media is genius at making claims to inflame people so they can get more ad revenue. So be prepared.

Reactions: bison13
You're more than welcome to sign up and continue to use the Test or better known as the Current Events board.

Here's a promo code for 50% off -- BLUEWHITE24

50% off was EXTENDED!

I signed up yesterday. You guys do a great job for PSU athletics.

This will indeed ruin the "Test Board," and it won't fix the problem it claims to fix. Some of the worst culprits undermining civil behavior, the most prolific liars and deceivers, are still over there.

I believe that the real motives behind this change are (1) a need for revenue, and (2) a need to quell conservative opinion. I see conservatives on that board largely comprised of people who are deeply concerned about the direction of the country. The liberals merely want to destroy any opposition. They want power. They want their way forced upon all. They are not nationalists. Indeed they are globalists. They don't care about any one country, nor the self-determination of its citizens. It's not hard to guess which side tends toward the negative behaviors.

Let's face reality here. These boards are associated with an institution of higher learning. This institution, my alma mater, is much like all of the others -- leaning ever increasingly to the Left. The young people it claims to "educate" have experienced little in life. They are malleable. Those doing the educating live in a bubble -- entirely different from what it's like to work in the corporate world or run a business. In effect, the blind are leading the blind.

So it is with sadness that my interest in my school, the state of my family, even the country of my citizenship, grows ever farther apart from my own principles -- a set of beliefs that are much closer to the Founding Principles of this country compared to anything we see or experience in today's society.

Be forewarned. Though it has been tried repeatedly, there are no examples one can cite where this new "progressive" path has worked. In the long run it has only brought poverty, despair, and violence. It always fails because it always ignores human nature -- that each person behaves out of self-interest -- that each person will find a way to exploit a system that, though well-intentioned, is nevertheless deeply flawed. That exploitation then brings down the whole of society.

Enjoy watching your school colors. That's about all it is. I liken it to listening to the band play on the deck of the Titanic, as the ship sinks.

This will indeed ruin the "Test Board," and it won't fix the problem it claims to fix. Some of the worst culprits undermining civil behavior, the most prolific liars and deceivers, are still over there.

I believe that the real motives behind this change are (1) a need for revenue, and (2) a need to quell conservative opinion. I see conservatives on that board largely comprised of people who are deeply concerned about the direction of the country. The liberals merely want to destroy any opposition. They want power. They want their way forced upon all. They are not nationalists. Indeed they are globalists. They don't care about any one country, nor the self-determination of its citizens. It's not hard to guess which side tends toward the negative behaviors.

Let's face reality here. These boards are associated with an institution of higher learning. This institution, my alma mater, is much like all of the others -- leaning ever increasingly to the Left. The young people it claims to "educate" have experienced little in life. They are malleable. Those doing the educating live in a bubble -- entirely different from what it's like to work in the corporate world or run a business. In effect, the blind are leading the blind.

So it is with sadness that my interest in my school, the state of my family, even the country of my citizenship, grows ever farther apart from my own principles -- a set of beliefs that are much closer to the Founding Principles of this country compared to anything we see or experience in today's society.

Be forewarned. Though it has been tried repeatedly, there are no examples one can cite where this new "progressive" path has worked. In the long run it has only brought poverty, despair, and violence. It always fails because it always ignores human nature -- that each person behaves out of self-interest -- that each person will find a way to exploit a system that, though well-intentioned, is nevertheless deeply flawed. That exploitation then brings down the whole of society.

Enjoy watching your school colors. That's about all it is. I liken it to listening to the band play on the deck of the Titanic, as the ship sinks.

Knight, re your "it won't fix the problem it claims to fix," in fact no "problem" motivating the abrupt move was publicly identified nor were any "claims" made about fixing it.

I think the familiar Titanic analogy in your close is apt, but there's one huge difference: most of the passengers on today's ship are vaguely aware of a big problem, having heard rumors of an iceberg.

However, the crew has given assurances that all is well and everyone should go back to sleep. Pay no attention to the water at ankle depth in your cabins...it's a plumbing leak and will be fixed in the morning.

Knight, re your "it won't fix the problem it claims to fix," in fact no "problem" motivating the abrupt move was publicly identified nor were any "claims" made about fixing it.

I think the familiar Titanic analogy in your close is apt, but there's one huge difference: most of the passengers on today's ship are vaguely aware of a big problem, having heard rumors of an iceberg.

However, the crew has given assurances that all is well and everyone should go back to sleep. Pay no attention to the water at ankle depth in your cabins...it's a plumbing leak and will be fixed in the morning.

I think there was a stated hope that going premium might reduce the vitriol.

Per my analogy, many think the iceberg is a good thing, either because they want to see the ship wrecked and rebuilt, or because they think the ice formation is pretty, a photo op.

The ship is going to sink and it won't matter who happens to be the captain. The hull has already been breached.

Anyone who has looked at the math, and understands how our system works, would be horrified. The middle class will continue to disappear and the poor will go increasingly hungry. You'll see more old people working trying to make ends meet, and many others pushing for disability. (I just had one do some work at my house. Created an absolutely unrepairable mess. That is what is left for hire in the workforce.)

Meanwhile, we can get drunk and cheer on the blue and white. Don't know who is playing or how much money it took to bribe them, but I can still recognize the uniforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT