ADVERTISEMENT

Rumblings/Rumors about Michael Onwenu (Michigan recruit) might flip?

TheGLOV

Gold Member
Well, the first Gospel proof I have to offer is that he took down his twitter commitment to the Univ. of Michigan.

2nd. Word on the street continues to be that PSU is really going after this kid hard.

3rd. My first cousins' brothers sisters boyfriend,....feels that we got a shot!!

What is anybody hearing???

:):):):);):):):):)

Just see one mention of this on twitter from a UM site. I've seen him listed as an OG, OL and DT? Clearly has NFL size. They're probably telling him he could step in and play immediately.

There might be legs to this. It will really tick off some people in Ann Arbor. He is their second best commit and really dominated at the Opening. He is also from Nigeria just like Betiku, and could help with that recruitment. I still have no idea how they will make room for all these guys but it could push this class to 26....
Onwenu, Nixon, Ferns, Hamlin, Hudson, Dioubate, Hansford?, Betiku?

Last edited:
Just see one mention of this on twitter from a UM site. I've seen him listed as an OG, OL and DT? Clearly has NFL size. They're probably telling him he could step in and play immediately.
It would literally be a challenge to make room for him.

Reactions: TheGLOV
He's friends with Lavert Hill, but really, a high 4star from Detroit is going to flip from UM to here?

I have a hard time believing that could happen.

The kid has the potential to be a really dominate offensive lineman. On the other hand, he also has the potential to be another Joel Holler.

The bigger question is... Will we ever have a thread with a recruits name spelled correctly?

"My first cousins' brothers sister's boyfriend...." Sounds like a reliable source to me???

Even the bees are buzzing about it!
medium-smiley-028.gif

BTW until anyone starts Crystal Balling a flip we should not get our hopes up. So far he has none flipping him.

Me neither. PSU has done an outstanding job of recruiting the state of Michigan and it seems reasonable to conclude we are held in pretty high regard by the high school athletes. Booker Moore, Freddie Scott, Anthony Adams, Tim Shaw, Deontae Pannel, Rob Bolden, Anthony Zettel, Lavert Hill, Quinn Nordin... we have done okay in Michigan.

Reactions: Ski
Me neither. PSU has done an outstanding job of recruiting the state of Michigan and it seems reasonable to conclude we are held in pretty high regard by the high school athletes. Booker Moore, Freddie Scott, Anthony Adams, Tim Shaw, Deontae Pannel, Rob Bolden, Anthony Zettel, Lavert Hill, Quinn Nordin... we have done okay in Michigan.
...Allen Robinson...

There might be legs to this. It will really tick off some people in Ann Arbor. He is their second best commit and really dominated at the Opening. He is also from Nigeria just like Betiku, and could help with that recruitment. I still have no idea how they will make room for all these guys but it could push this class to 26....

Simple. They are NOT getting them all.

He's friends with Lavert Hill, but really, a high 4star from Detroit is going to flip from UM to here?

I have a hard time believing that could happen.
Was Zettel a UM commit at one point? Something tells me he was. As usual, I could be wrong.

Was Zettel a UM commit at one point? Something tells me he was. As usual, I could be wrong.
Nope, Zettel never committed to UM. But he was believed to be close to a UM lock prior to committing to PSU.

I don't think Zettel was ever a UM commit, but he did shock the recruiting world when he picked PSU

You're assuming that we keep all of our current commits before signing day.

And what's so wrong with that Nancy???

That's the game plan sir!!

;););)
All I'm saying is that Franklin will make room for guys like Betku, Onwenu and Dioubate, no dubt. If some less talented commits mysteriously open their recruitment back up, oh well. ;)

From the Michigan side of things...

It's not a rumor and has been confirmed by enough sources that I feel comfortable saying so on a free board (meaning it is already become non-premium info). However, those who have talked to him would be surprised if he did flip. He acknowledges that PSU is coming after him but is saying it's doesn't mean anything. He goes to a school that has sent a ton of kids to Michigan and is coached by a former player (some used to claim they pushed kids to Michigan until Meyer proved that theory wrong by grabbing a couple kids). So the contact is there and consistent...doesn't sound like too many people are all that concerned in the Michigan camp.

With that said it is recruiting and until a kid tells other schools to stop recruiting him there is always a chance of a flip. He has stated before that he still wanted to take officials so anything can happen. The kid is a monster athlete...the 370 is legit and he moves like a kid half that size...thus I expect schools to continue to go after him and rumblings/rumors to continue to pop up until signing day.

The bigger question is... Will we ever have a thread with a recruits name spelled correctly?
Ridiculous....this board is impeccable with its spelling accuracy going all the way back to when we recruited the likes of Carry Kollins, Kijonna Karter, and Lavart Erringtin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT