ADVERTISEMENT

Football S Zakee Wheatley 'loves' Penn State's new defense, talks safety room

It's a really talented room for sure. Should be really fun to watch this fall.
Wish one of the media asking Wheatley questions had asked which of the young Safety's were surprising him with their play during the Spring practices (Payne, Nelson, Toure, and Mack who we've heard some about already), and have the potential to force their way onto the field this Fall.

Wish one of the media asking Wheatley questions had asked which of the young Safety's were surprising him with their play during the Spring practices (Payne, Nelson, Toure, and Mack who we've heard some about already), and have the potential to force their way onto the field this Fall.
This was at the end.

--

On top of Reed, Winston, and Wheatley, a fourth Nittany Lion safety could work his way into the equation quickly in 2024 as well, sophomore King Mack. When asked about his younger counterpart, the redshirt junior raved about Mack's potential.

“I think King Mack can help the defense a lot,” Wheatley said about his teammate. “Me just being an older guy, watching him over the last year, his game is quite different from anyone I’ve seen. Regardless of his size. He’s so fast, knows how to get around blocks, and he’s also a very aggressive player who knows how to make plays,” he said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT