ADVERTISEMENT

Sandy strongly supported a season

CFett

Dec 1, 2014
Harrisburg
I don't get too in the weeds with my opinion of Sandy Barbor. I don't know enough about what she does to judge her one way or another, but I know a lot of board members seem to strongly dislike her and I've seen some call her out for a lack of leadership on the season/no season issue.

According to Nebraska's AD, she was one of the strongest proponents of holding a season:

Green did that because the presidents and chancellors weren’t in the same Zoom meetings as athletic directors. Athletic directors weren’t in the same Zoom meetings as medical personnel, either. Seasoned athletic veterans like Moos, Wisconsin’s Barry Alvarez, Penn State’s Sandy Barbour and Ohio State’s Gene Smith were left out of key discussions that shaped the league’s decisions.

Warren was aware, for example, that every Big Ten athletic director was in favor of playing a fall football season. Moos said he, Ohio State’s, Penn State’s and Michigan’s A.D.s pushed hardest, but there was unanimous agreement, Moos said, in wanting to play.

I know everyone is looking for people to throw under the bus, but this article doesn't make it seem like Sandy should be one of them. This isn't her decision, and it sounds like she was right up there advocating to play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News