ADVERTISEMENT

Saquon

nittanyjoe

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2001
i have been a PSU fan since 1955 at age 9 when most games were only available on radio. First bought season tickets in 1975. I have seen a lot of players and a lot of teams. My favorite players mostly have come from the defense. Yes I am in my 70’s. Saquon is clearly my favorite player of all those thousands of kids who played for us in blue and white. One game I attended that sticks out was when John Cappeliti scored 5 TD’s.

As we look to the rest of the season and the end of Saquon’s time at PS, the team goals and maybe the Heisman which looked automatic just two weeks ago are slipping away. Certainly SB’s rush yards would be much higher if this line could run block. Although the Heisman is technically an individual award, they are also a team award. I remember when Cappeleti won the award some of his team mates were in attendance.

It would be great to see him win the Heisman because he has shown the skills and the character that should be associated with this award. It would also help this team get some recognition for some incredible performance following the sanctions.

Players like Saquon are very, very rare.

i have been a PSU fan since 1955 at age 9 when most games were only available on radio. First bought season tickets in 1975. I have seen a lot of players and a lot of teams. My favorite players mostly have come from the defense. Yes I am in my 70’s. Saquon is clearly my favorite player of all those thousands of kids who played for us in blue and white. One game I attended that sticks out was when John Cappeliti scored 5 TD’s.

As we look to the rest of the season and the end of Saquon’s time at PS, the team goals and maybe the Heisman which looked automatic just two weeks ago are slipping away. Certainly SB’s rush yards would be much higher if this line could run block. Although the Heisman is technically an individual award, they are also a team award. I remember when Cappeleti won the award some of his team mates were in attendance.

It would be great to see him win the Heisman because he has shown the skills and the character that should be associated with this award. It would also help this team get some recognition for some incredible performance following the sanctions.

True--very special kid. But he has zero chance at the Heisman now and will be lucky to even get invited to NYC. It is what it is. Hope the kids can rebound. Rutgers isn't good, but they are much better than expected with three conference wins.

Reactions: mtnlion and wrm125
True--very special kid. But he has zero chance at the Heisman now and will be lucky to even get invited to NYC. It is what it is. Hope the kids can rebound. Rutgers isn't good, but they are much better than expected with three conference wins.
I'll admit I don't understand RPO system. But how is a lineman supposed to hold his block for so long on run plays because TM is 7 YDS back still deciding what to do with the football? How do these linemen know whether to run block,pass block and which way to take their man? They have no idea what TM is doing. Any coaching experts here?

The Heisman would be great and he's really deserving. Even if the award isn't as important to fans, it is to players and is a great recruiting tool. I think if things continue, Baker Mayfield will win.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I think he's a great kid, but paying attention to the Heisman (or worse, trying to win it) sometimes makes coaches do stupid things. The award is a joke anyway, since it's supposed to be for the best player and it never goes to a defensive player or a lineman when some years one of them is clearly the best player. They should rename it "the most highly touted offensive back" trophy.

He's going to get a nice NFL contract and he will be successful in whatever he does after football, too.

He is a generational player to be sure. I watched his attitude last week v/ OSU and he never gave up! Good for him. I hope he has a very productive NFL career!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT