ADVERTISEMENT

Apparently PSU listed something like 20 players as unavailable to play in Peach Bowl... duhO$U has.....

CJFisJoePaII

Sep 6, 2019
.....had over 20 players enter the Transfer Portal since the end of the regular season.

1900 FBS players have entered the Transfer Portal to-date.....

This is getting insane. Teams are going to look nothing like they did one-year earlier - it's going to be difficult to predict how teams will do from one-year to the next.... like you could before the advent of NIL and the Transfer Portal. There's so much movement, it's going to be difficult to predict how quickly new talent will gel even for teams that do well in recruiting and the Portal. Polls are going to be completely meaningless biased "my favorite team/lconference" bullshit until were deep into the season.

.....had over 20 players enter the Transfer Portal since the end of the regular season.

This is getting insane. Teams are going to look nothing like they did one-year earlier - it's going to be difficult to predict how teams will do from one-year to the next.... like you could before the advent of NIL and the Transfer Portal. There's so much movement, it's going to be difficult to predict how quickly new talent will gel even for teams that do well in recruiting and the Portal. Polls are going to be completely meaningless biased "my favorite team/lconference" bullshit until were deep into the season.

"Too many moving parts...." It is too much. Someone needs to become unpopular and say enough is enough.

Coaches need to align and speak out in a coordinated effort. F their contracts. The integrity of the sport is worth more than their millions in cash.
They more or less are. It's become common to hear the coaches griping about it, they are aligned that it sucks. I don't really see it getting better until players are under contracts.

• Love
Reactions: JR4PSU and Ski
Read that Georgia already has 15 in this year's Portal and 18 last year. Alabama had 18 last year and is headed for 20+ this year, Welcome to CF 2023, If I'm honest, I'm starting to lose interest in the game I've loved for decades,
And the academic semester starts shortly. Not much time to get the transfer applications in, then processed. As if anyone cares about academics.

Reactions: Yanks49
Hey, you disapeared after "duhO$U" beat PSU this year. You listed a million reasons the week of the game why OSU stood no chance, but offered no post game analysis. So what happened?

Hey, you disapeared after "duhO$U" beat PSU this year. You listed a million reasons the week of the game why OSU stood no chance, but offered no post game analysis. So what happened?

I said they had no chance? That's bullshit right there - I said I thought duhO$U would probably win, and should be favored, as all the intangibles favored them - especially playing @theShoe (as well as a noon start - PSU has not been a good road team and has historically played especially bad in early games). I said PSU had a shot, but duhO$U would probably win - never said any of the crap you're claiming. What I also said was that duhO$U's running game was every bit as weak as PSU's - and that their offense was every bit as inconsistent, which it was.

Transfer portal and NIL(=money and greed) is destroying CFB. Insanity must stop.

Reactions: bdgan
Coaches need to align and speak out in a coordinated effort. F their contracts. The integrity of the sport is worth more than their millions in cash.
To us it is. Not as much to coaches and players.

We only listed 12 players…7 of them were complete non-factors, and an 8th (Vilbert) hadn’t played all year. The four that didn’t play were high-impact guys though.
How many others had limited plays?

I said they had no chance? That's bullshit right there - I said I thought duhO$U would probably win, and should be favored, as all the intangibles favored them - especially playing @theShoe (as well as a noon start - PSU has not been a good road team and has historically played especially bad in early games). I said PSU had a shot, but duhO$U would probably win - never said any of the crap you're claiming. What I also said was that duhO$U's running game was every bit as weak as PSU's - and that their offense was every bit as inconsistent, which it was.
Question for you. Why is it O$U but PSU? Newsflash: they are playing the same game and by that I don't entirely mean football.

Reactions: LandoComando
The coaches are the one to cause this and the biggest hypocrites. They were the ones who started this. Coaches were the first ones to begin opting out. The players just followed their lead. When schools stop hiring/firing coaches before bowl games then maybe the players will start to follow their example. People looked past the greed of the schools and players but once the players started to want their share they pointed the fingers at the players. The coaches and schools only have themselves to blame.

The coaches are the one to cause this and the biggest hypocrites. They were the ones who started this. Coaches were the first ones to begin opting out. The players just followed their lead. When schools stop hiring/firing coaches before bowl games then maybe the players will start to follow their example. People looked past the greed of the schools and players but once the players started to want their share they pointed the fingers at the players. The coaches and schools only have themselves to blame.
I agree with a lot of your post. However, the only way it became “legal” regarding the money and portal was through the courts and the NCAA. It’s parity, which creates drama and that sells to the general public. It’s a revenue stream at the end of the day.

I hate this argument. Coaches have always had contracts. Changing jobs and getting fired came with contractual repercussions, just like many in the professional business world. Don't feel like those repercussions were enough, blame those that wrote the contracts. This is nothing like the player situation at all, the coaching argument is irrelevant.

The players can do whatever they want right now, they hold an unbalanced amount of leverage and power over the coaches and schools. There is nothing holding players to a school and when they leave there is zero penalty to the player, their former schools get nothing, and schools and coaches have no guarantees that a player will be there tomorrow despite them investing hundreds of thousands of dollars on each athlete. Tuition, room and board, books, private tutoring. coaching, professional nutrition, strength training, private gyms, medical treatments and surgeries, branded clothing, football career prep, and numerous other perks all 100% free of charge. Hundreds of thousands of dollars even long before NIL was a thing.

Yes, historically the athletes did not get their equal slice of the overall school revenue pie. They still don't. Guess what, employees don't ever get their equal share of their employer's pie either, that's how the world works. I worked for companies making $50B+ in revenue and have personally saved the companies millions of dollars. Where are my millions in pay? Doesn't exist and nobody cares.

To pretend like these kids were suffering has always been a ridiculous premise. They are among the most privileged and fortunate people in the world, living for 4 years completely free of any personal expenses aside from incidentals. Billions of people in the world would give anything to get what these athletes were given, even long before NIL.

I hate this argument. Coaches have always had contracts. Changing jobs and getting fired came with contractual repercussions, just like many in the professional business world. Don't feel like those repercussions were enough, blame those that wrote the contracts. This is nothing like the player situation at all, the coaching argument is irrelevant.

The players can do whatever they want right now, they hold an unbalanced amount of leverage and power over the coaches and schools. There is nothing holding players to a school and when they leave there is zero penalty to the player, their former schools get nothing, and schools and coaches have no guarantees that a player will be there tomorrow despite them investing hundreds of thousands of dollars on each athlete. Tuition, room and board, books, private tutoring. coaching, professional nutrition, strength training, private gyms, medical treatments and surgeries, branded clothing, football career prep, and numerous other perks all 100% free of charge. Hundreds of thousands of dollars even long before NIL was a thing.

Yes, historically the athletes did not get their equal slice of the overall school revenue pie. They still don't. Guess what, employees don't ever get their equal share of their employer's pie either, that's how the world works. I worked for companies making $50B+ in revenue and have personally saved the companies millions of dollars. Where are my millions in pay? Doesn't exist and nobody cares.

To pretend like these kids were suffering has always been a ridiculous premise. They are among the most privileged and fortunate people in the world, living for 4 years completely free of any personal expenses aside from incidentals. Billions of people in the world would give anything to get what these athletes were given, even long before NIL.
I love this rebuttal! Freaking spot on!!! Thank you sir!!

Reactions: Yanks49
Question for you. Why is it O$U but PSU? Newsflash: they are playing the same game and by that I don't entirely mean football.
Go to any CF board and it's the same. Every fan base '- for the most part - claims to do things the right way and point fingers at others. Just the way it is

Reactions: Westcoast24
Go to any CF board and it's the same. Every fan base '- for the most part - claims to do things the right way and point fingers at others. Just the way it is
That’s one of the designed outcomes of “choice” and “parity”. A collective finger pointing exercise. Divide and conquer while they rake in the big $$$ at your expense.

The Peach Bowl for Penn State was the same caliber game as the Blue White Game. For Old Miss it was like the Super Bowl since they were obsessed with having their first 11 win season is school history.

"Not everybody is the perfect person in the world. Everyone does , kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me. I just feel that people need to give him a chance."
Terrelle Pryor, duhO$U Football
September 2009

Hit the following link: Terrelle Pryor said what???

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT