ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday in Columbus

Richard the LIONhearted

May 29, 2001
I feel like I know how this game is go...

OS will challenge the PS defense in width and length. Look for bubble screens to the perimeter and then deep and intermediate attempts to those receivers - all designed to keep PSD off balance.
I really don't expect much in the way of pressure on Stroud and this will allow him to be effective and accurate. Interior defensive line is questionable. End rush has been very limited of late. The really concerning issue is with their star tailback. OS has to look at the game tape from Illni and expect to just handle that defense in the run game. Would not be surprised with long runs. I think this is the game that the defense will crack, although I am looking forward to Porter lining up on their WRs. Still, would not be surprised with some long throws for OS. I think they will choose how they want to score.

I think Sean will play heroically - the Cincy kid will bring his best stuff but I think he will still be so limited due to injury. There is no run game for him to rely on - it will be all on his shoulders. I am hopeful for tunnel screens to the edges, throws to Lovett out of the back field, seamers to Strange and Johnson and maybe even a TE screen, quick slants to the WRs. Like the past few games, I think OS will take away everything deep. Intermediate throws will be the only chance to keep drives going.

Sadly, I think the cumulative effect of the OS defense will force Sean out. And that leaves the back-up to come in, at the Horseshoe at night. So, Ta'Quan will have the opportunity to not only have experienced Kinnick but now the hostile crowd in Columbus. And missed the opportunity for a home start last week....

This looks like a 1-7 record for James after Saturday against OSU.

Does that sound like the kind of coach USC will want?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News