ADVERTISEMENT

Security checkpoints were a joke at Gate B on Saturday

nitneelyin

Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
For what it's worth (and I'm following up with an email to the Athletic Dept), we have Club Seats, but the lines at the two entrances for those was longer than I had ever seen them at 6:30, so wife and I headed to Gate B and the escalator plan.
It was a mob scene, chaotic but orderly, and I couldn't even see any signs of a security checkpoint until the mob had pushed us almost on top of the thing. I'm guessing there may have been 4 or 5 security devices for a mob of thousands at that time. I wish I had taken a picture of the guy watching the Go/No Go lights, the look on his face was panic as the light would indicate a problem, he'd holler at whomever and they'd just ignore him and keep on going, saw it happen a half dozen times at our station and nothing the poor attendant could do, he was just plain overwhelmed. You could've gotten in with a bazooka. This system has to change and please stop telling us the solution is to get there early.
And as an aside, guaranteed we walked into the stadium and only scanned one of our two tickets. Those folks were pretty overwhelmed also.
Great game, one of the best in a long-time, but the security, for our little corner of the world was a complete joke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News