ADVERTISEMENT

Shot of Barkley's 8 yd td run from EG

NittanyLion15

Aug 17, 2001
Laporte, PA
www.youtube.com
It certainly felt like old times in the stadium on Saturday didn't it? It reminded me of the 90s where our fan base had a sense of smugness or cockiness to them, where they not only expected to win, they wanted style points and blowouts in every game. The two older gentlemen in front of me and behind the two behind me were hilarious. Jumping all over the team if we didn't gain a first down on every play, and then two plays later high fiving each other and hugging in celebration like we won the conference. How perfect was that weather though... man oh man we were due! I feel like we've had the worst weather over the past few years. It's either rain, excessive heat, or freezing cold. Even on the east side, with the clouds consistently rolling through the sun wasn't too bad. It's days like this that termed the phrase, "Happy Valley".

One more observation... I've lived in DC for 10 years and grew up near Williamsport. The one thing that I never realized growing up where I did... was how often Pennsylvanians use the Lord's name in vain... some may not find it funny, but it cracks me up every time.

**McSorley sails one** - right on cue... multiple people saying it in unison.... JEAzus Christ! hah

Last edited:
It certainly felt like old times in the stadium on Saturday didn't it? It reminded me of the 90s where our fan base had a sense of smugness or cockiness to them, where they not only expected to win, they wanted style points and blowouts in every game. The two older gentlemen in front of me and behind the two behind me were hilarious. Jumping all over the team if we didn't gain a first down on every play, and then two plays later high fiving each other and hugging in celebration like we won the conference. How perfect was that weather though... man oh man we were due! I feel like we've had the worst weather over the past few years. It's either rain, excessive heat, or freezing cold. Even on the east side, with the clouds consistently rolling through the sun wasn't too bad. It's days like this that termed the phrase, "Happy Valley".

One more observation... I've lived in DC for 10 years and grew up near Williamsport. The one thing that I never realized growing up where I did... was how often Pennsylvanians use the Lord's name in vain... some may not find it funny, but it cracks me up every time.

**McSorley sails one** - right on cue... multiple people saying it in unison.... JEAzus Christ! hah

https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=2_VSbNzaXjc
Your link is bad.

Reactions: NittanyLion15
In person it looked like Barkley just ran right over the two DTs. Watching replay you actually get to see Mahon and Wright pancake both of their blocks. Nice to see them finish off the blocks. Mahon has been a beast the first two games.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=2_VSbNzaXjc

You must have heard me all the way from section WGU after one of those sailed passes....former Pennsylvanian, now from Maryland.

Reactions: NittanyLion15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT