ADVERTISEMENT

Should Barkley come out and say he won't play for the Browns?? I think so!

"The Colts finished 0–8–1 in the strike-shortened 1982 season, thereby earning the right to select Stanford quarterback John Elway with the first overall pick. Elway, however, refused to play for Baltimore, and using leverage as a draftee of the New York Yankees baseball club, forced a trade to Denver.[12] Behind an improved defense the team finished 7–9 in 1983, but that would be their last season in Baltimore."

Elway will always be referred to as a jerk and coward.
And what is Irsay for moving the Colts in the middle of the night,?

Who? Chargers fans? and Baltimore Colts fans?
I doubt Eli or Elway care at all. Nor should anyone

No, pretty much across the country, there were a not insignificant number of people who thought it was a chump move by both players. I also doubt either would care, but probably for a different reason than you.

"Nor should anyone?" Once again, I'm amazed by your certainty in all things.

Reactions: nittany dave
No, pretty much across the country, there were a not insignificant number of people who thought it was a chump move by both players. I also doubt either would care, but probably for a different reason than you.

"Nor should anyone?" Once again, I'm amazed by your certainty in all things.

So it is a "chump move" by Elway to use his leverage to better this career? Isn't that what we all do? To each their own....Elway being elite in 2 sports means he had options and the ability to control his fate. I give him credit for that. I don't criticize it. It worked hard to have that control.

Reactions: nittany dave
I also think Cleveland may be a good spot for him. I just hope that he goes somewhere with a natural grass field. His running style just seems to dangerous on turf.

The Chargers sound like a decent landing point. Their offense favors the medium length passing game that help Saqoun do so well at PSU. I really don' know their offensive line stats, etc. as most pro teams don't have rushers of 200 yds, lucky to crack 100 yds. In that situation his pass catching skills out of the back field sound like a Charger forte. Based in LA or back in SD as some predict not a bad place to live.

The Chargers sound like a decent landing point. Their offense favors the medium length passing game that help Saqoun do so well at PSU. I really don' know their offensive line stats, etc. as most pro teams don't have rushers of 200 yds, lucky to crack 100 yds. In that situation his pass catching skills out of the back field sound like a Charger forte. Based in LA or back in SD as some predict not a bad place to live.

They have Melvin Gordon and Austin Ekeler who both fit that offense perfectly. I don't see them even considering drafting a RB let alone one early.

I completely agree. In fact, Barkley is going to go with the first pick. They will get a QB with the 4th pick regardless. Pick a QB first and there is a chance they don’t land Barkley. He is going as the number 1 pick, as he should be.

Let Saquon speak for himself. He doesn't need this board's advice.
I'm pretty sure he's not listening anyway. But I think it's an interesting question. I generally dislike seeing players do something like that, but it's his career and his life. Plus this is one kid who has, at least for me, built up so much goodwill and credibility that I would find it hard to criticize him no matter what he elected to do here.

It would be a great story if he followed in Jim Brown's footsteps as a Hall of Famer running back who made the Browns great again. And they have a lot of high picks this year. But I just don't think the Browns can manage it, even with him and those picks..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT