ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Bobby Engram as OC?

As much as I would love to see Bobby on the staff, I don't think the OC position is for him right now. Franklin's job may be on the line and it probably hinges on this hire. Boom or bust.
  • why on earth do you think CJF job is on the line?

• why on earth do you think CJF job is on the line?
I don't think Franklin's job is on the for the near future but if this hire is not a significant improvement it will reflect negatively on his HC decision making. If he goes for someone who has not already proven himself a very good OC, he'd better get lucky.

No play calling experience is pretty much the first thing you look for with an OC. Maybe we fire Shoop and hire LA for DC. Who needs any experience? Just as long as you were good at PSU, you're qualified.

I actually applied and got a second interview tomo..it's between me and Stitt. here are the highlights of my resume I sent to JMFF. I have extensive experience playcalling and recruiting. I won 5 back to back to back to back to back National Titles and I've had more number one recruiting classes than anyone in history. I'm regularly getting the top recruit in the nation and I've coached and won a National Title at Idaho, Va Tech, and Kansas State before moving on to Georgia.

I didn't mention anything about this all being on NCAA Playstation but thought is was just need to know and he didn't need to know.....I'm taking the George O'Leary approach.

Franklin is going to get the benefit of the doubt with the limitations he is dealing with. He'll get at LEAST 4 years........ from now. Because quite frankly, I'd be shocked if they don't stink next year. And I doubt Penn State is going to be one of those coaching carousel type places, so with the way things have been, they will be a little more patient and deal with some 7-5 seasons. But not forever.

Why would you fire a guy over play calling? And then hire a guy with no play calling experience? Bobby would be a great addition to the staff, but in a different capacity.

I actually applied and got a second interview tomo..it's between me and Stitt. here are the highlights of my resume I sent to JMFF. I have extensive experience playcalling and recruiting. I won 5 back to back to back to back to back National Titles and I've had more number one recruiting classes than anyone in history. I'm regularly getting the top recruit in the nation and I've coached and won a National Title at Idaho, Va Tech, and Kansas State before moving on to Georgia.

I didn't mention anything about this all being on NCAA Playstation but thought is was just need to know and he didn't need to know.....I'm taking the George O'Leary approach.

Guns says you are his No. 1 choice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT