ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP.....How can the PIAA not allow spectators, including family......

PSUJim

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
to sports. I 100% understand why you wouldn't want a full football stands, but why the heck could you not allow at least the parents/siblings of the players??? It makes absolutely no sense to me, that golf, or cross country, or even soccer, field hockey, or football could not figure out a way to social distance freaking families???? My son is a senior and plays tennis, and runs cross country. He is a good runner, but certainly not elite and he is going to play tennis in college. So, for us, not a major issue even if we can't see his runs. BUT, there are some kids that live for this, and their families as well. How could you not spread out 100 people over a freaking 3.1 mile course???? Yes, certainly make sure there is 6 ft apart distance at the final stretch, but really???????

I coached high school soccer for 10+ years, and you think you couldn't spread a high-school crowd around a freaking stadium??? OUTDOORS????? Let alone just families?????

It is absolutely insane to me the decisions that some of these individuals make.

Protests- OK
Bowling Alleys - OK
Amusement Parks - OK
Churches - OK
Many Schools opening in person - OK
Wal-Mart - OK
Spreading 100-150 family members over a 3.1 mile cross country course - outdoors - NOPE, Not OK.
Spreading a couple hundred family members around a stadium (including the stands and track areas) for a field hockey, or soccer game or football games - outdoors - NOPE, Not OK.

OK Then......, that all makes sense.....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News