ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: McQuade drops whistleblower suit

The report states "Reporting Officer advised Sandusky..." aka Schreffler. Schreffler stated at Jerrys trial that he told him not to showers with boys anymore. Lauro likely also told him that. It's also important to note that it appears Sandusky was spoken to by Schreffler twice...once in the presence of Lauro and once in the presence of Ralston.
Just food for thought. Every agency, be it child protective or police dropped the ball in 1998. That's assuming that the investigation wasn't steered from afar. Based on the actions of SP investigators and OAG Prosecutor's....why should we assume any of those who screwed up in 98, told the truth in 2011-12?

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
For one thing, Alan Myer's statement was that he wasn't part of the secnd mile when IT occurred.

Even if that is true (and I’m not sure it is), JS was definitely part of tSM when IT happened. I am also completely sure that Alan Myers wasn’t part of PSU when IT happened. That fact didn’t seem to help CSS.

So you’re “one thing” is really no thing. Or nothing if you prefer.

Reactions: colt21
The report states "Reporting Officer advised Sandusky..." aka Schreffler. Schreffler stated at Jerrys trial that he told him not to showers with boys anymore. Lauro likely also told him that. It's also important to note that it appears Sandusky was spoken to by Schreffler twice...once in the presence of Lauro and once in the presence of Ralston.

The bottom line is that the 1998 v6 incident was thoroughly investigated contemporaneously and that Sandusky was not indicated and was cleared of possible CSA. Sandusky says he was told not to shower with ZK ever again and he never did. Perhaps Scheffler and/or Ralston said something else and Sandusky misunderstood them; but from Sandusky's point of view, he didn't face any serious consequences from this incident. Yes, I believe it was reckless for him to shower with AM/V2 in late 2000 - early 2001; but I don't think it was CSA. I base this belief from what not only AM and JS have said, but also what MM, TC, GS, JP, JM, Dr. D have said and the actions that they took.

Reactions: RussianEagle
Just food for thought. Every agency, be it child protective or police dropped the ball in 1998. That's assuming that the investigation wasn't steered from afar. Based on the actions of SP investigators and OAG Prosecutor's....why should we assume any of those who screwed up in 98, told the truth in 2011-12?

Possible but Schrefflers report written in 1998 confirms he told Jerry not to shower with kids.

Possible but Schrefflers report written in 1998 confirms he told Jerry not to shower with kids.
I certainly agree that anyone with common sense would have figured that advice out for themselves. Its my opinion Jerry didn't have much common sense.

Reactions: francofan
Please read Pendergrast’s book and tell me what he has wrong. It is comprehensive and I believe it will become the book of record for the fiasco. Both Bob Costas and Dr. Fred Berlin have recommended anyone interested in the case, particularly those who are confident that Sandusky is guilty to read the book. However, I don’t expect that covey, gmj, osprey, LaJolla, or any other of the usual suspects will have the intellectual curiosity to tackle the challenge of considering that they might not have it all figured out. Seriously, I would encourage anybody who has an open mind to read the book and provide a critique.

I am 100% sure Bob Costas didn't read this book.

I am 100% sure Bob Costas didn't read this book.

If you are willing, please provide the basis for why you are so sure that Costas didn't read the book. Are you questioning the following statement that Costas made to help get the book published?

"In a way, I became part of the Sandusky story when I interviewed him for NBC soon after the allegations were made public. Sandusky's stumbling and seemingly incriminating answers convicted him in the court of public opinion and subsequently they were used by the prosecution during the trial. I am not prepared to say that Sandusky's conviction on multiple charges was incorrect. I am, however, willing to consider credible information backed by solid research. From what I have read, Mark Pendergrast has a case to make, It deserves a hearing. Many aspects of the Sandusky case, including the likely rush to judgment of Joe Paterno, should be reviewed with care. An informed public can then decide. Mark Pendergrast's book could well be a useful part of that re-examination."

If you don't mind me asking, where are you coming from? What is the basis for your opinions on the fiasco and your pro-OAG comments on this forum? Did you go to school or graduate from Penn State?

Seriously, I would encourage anybody who has an open mind to read the book and provide a critique.

I'll play.

I do recommend that folks interested in this mess read the book, he is pretty comprehensive. But Mark does not discuss Jack Raykovitz, Bruce Heim, Robert Poole and Katherine Genovese - and why they allowed the rampant out of program contact by Jerry with Second Mile kids. Thusly we still aren't getting answers.

IMO the leadership of Second Mile should be out there fighting for Jerry's innocence - because obviously they practiced strict oversight of those kids with any adult connected with the charity <sarcasm font>. Jerry was clearly accessing kids, one-on-one, taking them places, having them sleep over, the babysitting, the driving over to their homes, hanging out at their wrestling matches or Little League games, the showering - exhibiting the red flags of GROOMING behavior - all this was NOT part of his prescribed role with the charity. Jack Raykovitz needs to answer for why he didn't slap Jerry upside the head - point out that what he was doing was going to end badly for him, his family and very likely the charity - unless he changed his behavior.

Whether these victims are lying, somewhat lying, partially telling the truth or fully telling the truth about sex - the fact remains that Jerry was accessing each and every one of them under the auspices of Second Mile and his conduct around these Second Mile kids, should a parent want to escalate a complaint - would be a problem. Jerry's role as a college football coach of elite adult male athletes did not include pandering to Second Mile kids and it was not up to a geratric football coach and a university athletic director to supervise him with regards to his work with Second Mile.

Jack should know damned well that Jerry was dragging all this kids home like stray dogs. Tim Curley sitting in his office that day in March 2001 was a huge red flag of the out of program contact by the charity chairman and Jack failed to address it.

Had Jack done so - Aaron Fisher never happens.

My email to Mark Prendergast: I can honestly say I have not heard anything publicly from the leadership in the past 6 years. Just Bruce Heim had come out with a crummy OpEd - which he was moved to write ONLY because he was angry about getting bumped from an honorary 50 yard coin toss - at a PSU football game. A Second Mile Board member? Honorary? At Penn State? In the very stadium whose players & program were put at risk by the NCAA because of your stupid decisions about wearing swim trunks?

These people are f*cking tone deaf.

Mark Prendergast's response to me: As I said, everyone associated with Jerry Sandusky scuttled under rocks, including even his supportive children. Everyone is afraid for their own lives and careers.

And there you have it.

Sorry - but a better plan of action would be to just drive the minor home after their long road trip and say goodnight. There was no reason for Jerry to be bringing him to campus, after hours to "work out" - as this was not a Second Mile sanctioned activity.

I still have to ask, did this minor - whether it's Allan Myers or not - have a signed permission form from Second Mile and a parent/guardian to accompany Jerry on this book signing? If not, why not? If so - that would have gone a long way in identifying who/what/when/where. What was the reason this minor was accompanying Jerry - to help promote the book? If so, did his book agent approve this? If not - who did?

This is 2000 - not 1950, not 1960, not 1970, not 1980, not 1990 and the the issue of liability is most certainly out there. The simple act of Jerry placing this kid in his car to go somewhere without parental permission for an unapproved activity placed Jerry at risk.
Sorry - but a better plan of action would be to just drive the minor home after their long road trip and say goodnight. There was no reason for Jerry to be bringing him to campus, after hours to "work out" - as this was not a Second Mile sanctioned activity.

I still have to ask, did this minor - whether it's Allan Myers or not - have a signed permission form from Second Mile and a parent/guardian to accompany Jerry on this book signing? If not, why not? If so - that would have gone a long way in identifying who/what/when/where. What was the reason this minor was accompanying Jerry - to help promote the book? If so, did his book agent approve this? If not - who did?

This is 2000 - not 1950, not 1960, not 1970, not 1980, not 1990 and the the issue of liability is most certainly out there. The simple act of Jerry placing this kid in his car to go somewhere without parental permission for an unapproved activity placed Jerry at risk.

Im sure Allan Myers did have his mother’s permission to accompany Jerry on the book signing. Remember this kid did not have a father. Allan’s mom also had no issue with Jerry showering with her son. She helped him provide the statement to Curtis Everhart after Sandusky’s arrest. Maybe Myers’ mother was partying, out on a date, or had a man over and specifically wanted Allan out of the house.

I served as a youth leader at my church from 2005-2009, while I was a single man in my 20s. I had lots of “out of program” contact with the boys and there was never any issues. Heck, our Pastor encouraged us to spend time with kids outside of normal church programming. Never was any kind of “permission slip” expected. I had boys sleep over at my house sometimes and would occcasially take them to PSU, Pittsburgh, or Philly games with no other adults. I understand that in hindsight, making sure to properly document all this activity to avoid getting railroaded is a good idea, but it’s completely reasonable that no one would have considered it at the time.

Don't be stupid. It's impossible to prove a negative.

However, Costas hasn't ever said he read the book. And Costas certainly doesn't believe Jerry is innocent.

How do you know that Costas doesn’t believe Jerry is innocent? Have you spoken or corresponded with him?

You are totally non-responsive as to your basis for why you are 100% sure that Costas did not read the book. Why am I not surprised. I am also not surprised that you don’t explain where you are coming from. I have a very strong hunch that you have no connection to Penn State.

I don't remember the specific date myself but I stopped in at the mcq's house the morning after the incident and while MM was meeting with Joe. Pick any friday and saturday but they were back to back dates. totally wild and false speculation that the report was made to Joe at any other time than the next morning
Did your dad-in-law tell you that Saturday morning that there was no need to call the authorities? Did he tell you what Mike said he witnessed? Did you think what Mike witnessed deserved to be reported? Tell us, please, towny.

Did your dad-in-law tell you that Saturday morning that there was no need to call the authorities? Did he tell you what Mike said he witnessed? Did you think what Mike witnessed deserved to be reported? Tell us, please, towny.

towny is like a drive-by-shooter or a hit-and-run driver. You’ll never get answers on questions like that from him. He posts his biased bull$hit and then runs away and hides.

That’s the entire point genius. Had they made sure someone followed up and spoke to the kid we wouldn’t be here one way or the other.

Here’s an idea, instead of going over MM’s story for the 10,000th time looking for a new way to question it, why not look at reasonable explanations based on facts rather than speculation?

For instance, what could have happened for Tim Curley to change his mind on February 27th? Was there a specific event that could explain deciding not going to DPW?

As it turns out something did happen on February 27th:

Legislators Join Fray On Penn State Sex Faire

February 28, 2001|By Thomas Fitzgerald INQUIRER HARRISBURG BUREAU

HARRISBURG — The furor over an explicit student-run sex-education fair in State College - a furor ignited by Rep. John Lawless (R., Montgomery County) - overwhelmed the normally wonkish annual discussion of Pennsylvania State University's budget yesterday.Lawmakerswanted to know what university president Graham Spanier knew about the sex conference, when he knew it, and what he intended to do to keep it from happening again.

image001.gif

"I hope you're embarrassed, because I'm angered and embarrassed," said Rep. Samuel Rohrer (R., Berks). "This incident was reprehensible . . . debauched . . . wrong."

image002.gif
Sex Faire, sponsored by a student group called Womyn's Concerns, was held Feb. 3 in the commons of the Pollock Hall dormitory. Sponsors said that they had hoped to educate students about date rape, healthy sexual relationships, and reproductive health.

After taking a beating from the state House Appropriations Committee, Spanier said that his administration already had begun to tighten up its oversight of student activities on campus. From now on, he said, all banners that go up in public places will have to be reviewed, approved and hung by the university.

"This will allow us to screen words that might not meet community standards," Spanier said.

Lawless was outraged by a feminist rally last November that was named for an obscene term for women's genitalia. The word was prominently displayed on posters and banners around campus.

Spanier said that Penn State was considering other changes, such as requiring student groups to reserve space in university buildings and to disclose the content of their events in advance. Some programs also should be confined to students with I.D., to avoid exposing youngsters to offensive material, he said.

"I am confident we can, with a few policy changes, put this behind us," Spanier told lawmakers considering the university's $362 million budget request. "I am very sorry for the consternation, confusion and anger that this has caused many individuals."

But more than a few legislators on the appropriations panel were not willing to let go.

Lawless, who is seeking to suspend Penn State's funding, confronted Spanier with two e-mails he had received from students.

One called him an "ass" who was too dim to go to Penn State. Another writer said Lawless was a "selfish bastard" and made fun of his eyes. Lawless had surgery for a brain tumor 15 years ago that left him slightly disfigured.

At that point, Lawless broke down and said: "I'll get to my further questions as soon as I get myself together."

Spanier looked down at the witness table in front of him. The room fell silent.

The hearing began with a screening of a video that Lawless had made while visiting the Sex Faire. Among other things, the tape showed a risque bingo game, a woman talking about marital aids, a catalog of sex toys and anatomically correct gingerbread cookies at a table of "erotic foods."

Since the hearing was broadcast live on Pennsylvania Cable Network, it was probably the only legislative proceeding ever to carry a parental warning label.

Taking the microphone before the tape began, one lawmaker urged people watching at home to change the channel if children were present.

Questions about budget matters - funding for the medical school, the racial makeup of Penn State's student body, the rising cost of tuition, and retirement funds for university employees - broke up the sex talk. But then, Sex Faire and the earlier feminist rally would come back up again, and Spanier and another legislator would spar.

At one point, Rep. David J. Mayernik (D., Allegheny) bored in, trying to get Spanier to denounce the Sex Faire.

"Was it wrong, yes or no?" he asked.

Spanier demurred, saying that portions of it were inappropriate.

"Former President Clinton went through this with what the meaning of 'is' is," Mayernik said.

"I'm not trying to be evasive, but to give an honest answer," Spanier said. "I'm not understanding what you mean by 'wrong.' "

Finally, the university president said, "I don't think my personal view of morality should be the subject of this appropriation hearing."

Countered Mayernik, "I find it odd, Mr. President, that you want to wash your hands of this."

Spanier said that balancing the free-speech rights of students with diverse viewpoints at a large university "is always a very difficult line to walk."

Other lawmakers came to Spanier's defense, in what became a lively debate on constitutional law.

Rep. Dan Frankel (D., Allegheny) praised his "measured and restrained" response to the issue.

"In the marketplace of ideas, sometimes you have to tolerate these things," Frankel said.

This is something that actually happened and could easily explain Curley’s actions. It also kills the narrative that Joe had anything to do with Curley’s decision to alter the plan.

There’s little doubt those same politicians would use a report of suspected sexual abuse on campus to go after Spanier and Penn State again. If Curley was unsure about what MM saw in the shower it’s not a stretch to believe he would take a different course of action based on this.

But you guys keep chasing shadows. I’m sure Ziegler will find that crucial piece of evidence to prove MM really saw Sandusky and the kid fully clothed playing cards.
What you put in quotes was not in your post that I responded to. Maybe you better try reading slowly. It will be a better match for your brain’s ability to process.
Yes it is. Look in the quote above, it’s in bold.

Yes it is. Look in the quote above, it’s in bold.

Sorry. I didn’t bother to re-read that lengthy article that you’ve posted several times before to find more of your equivocating drivel buried below it. Your theory didn’t make sense the first time. It still doesn’t.

Sorry. I didn’t bother to re-read that lengthy article that you’ve posted several times before to find more of your equivocating drivel buried below it. Your theory didn’t make sense the first time. It still doesn’t.
So in other words you have no counter argument and are just going to hurl insults.

Now get back to the latest theory questioning anything MM has ever said or done.

Im sure Allan Myers did have his mother’s permission to accompany Jerry on the book signing. Remember this kid did not have a father. Allan’s mom also had no issue with Jerry showering with her son. She helped him provide the statement to Curtis Everhart after Sandusky’s arrest. Maybe Myers’ mother was partying, out on a date, or had a man over and specifically wanted Allan out of the house.

I served as a youth leader at my church from 2005-2009, while I was a single man in my 20s. I had lots of “out of program” contact with the boys and there was never any issues. Heck, our Pastor encouraged us to spend time with kids outside of normal church programming. Never was any kind of “permission slip” expected. I had boys sleep over at my house sometimes and would occcasially take them to PSU, Pittsburgh, or Philly games with no other adults. I understand that in hindsight, making sure to properly document all this activity to avoid getting railroaded is a good idea, but it’s completely reasonable that no one would have considered it at the time.

Sorry - not buying it. For your church pastor to encourage you as a Youth Leader to do this after 2000 is extremely irresponsible. Your Pastor placed you and the church at risk and you were extremely lucky. And no, it's not completely reasonable that no one would have considered it at the time - for example, I had to ascribe to signed permission forms for each and every minor I was responsible for, for each and every outing I took them on - this was back in the mid '90s with Girls Scouts.

No signed permission form from a parent - sorry your child doesn't go - even just to sell cookies at the local Wawa.

And there was NO WAY I'd ever be alone with minor. Hell, in 1993 if I had to accompany a preschool toddler to the bathroom I made sure another adult was nearby and the bathroom door was open. These kids are still toilet training, needed help, some soiled themselves, and could you imagine if one of them said to their mother "Miss Wendy touched me here"?

My point is - the kids Jerry surrounded himself with were already at risk and he was taking them home under the auspices of Second Mile, when this was NOT his role with the program. Jack Raykovitz counseled this population as part of his practice and knew their challenges. His wife Katherine was a PA certified public school teacher & she would be well aware of the protocol in public schools at the time AND what would constitute misconduct or be of risk to anyone associated with Second Mile.

It was state mandate by 1998 to implement a written safety plan - that never happened. Part of that safety plan would have included sitting Jerry down in 1998, discussing the behaviors that placed him at risk and having him change those behaviors. By implementing such a practice, the goal would be to protect the children of Second Mile from incidents of misconduct or inappropriate behavior while also protecting Second Mile staff and volunteers from false accusations.

Had Jack done that & Jerry abided by that - Allan Meyers, Aaron Fisher & the others never happen.

So in other words you have no counter argument and are just going to hurl insults.

Now get back to the latest theory questioning anything MM has ever said or done.

I gave my counter argument a few posts ago. Your theory is ridiculous on its face. Read it again slowly.

Here let me summarize:

Spanier: The Pennsylvania politicos are all over us over Sex Faire, did you see that article? Instead of reporting the Sandusky matter to state agencies like we were going to and showing that we are on top of things, let’s abruptly change course and hide it and hope it goes away. And while we are hoping, let’s hope that McQueary, his dad, Dr. Dranov, Mrs. McQueary, the kid himself and towny (thrown in for good measure :cool:) and anyone else who may know don’t decide to report it and make it look like we were trying to hide a pedophile. But just to make this extra exciting, let’s report it to Jack Raykovitz and hope that he doesn’t report it either.

Curley: Brilliant Graham. Phucking brilliant! Did L. T. Young help you come up with that?

Don’t think of them as insults. Think of them as descriptions.

I gave my counter argument a few posts ago. Your theory is ridiculous on its face. Read it again slowly.

Here let me summarize:

Spanier: The Pennsylvania politicos are all over us over Sex Faire, did you see that article? Instead of reporting the Sandusky matter to state agencies like we were going to and showing that we are on top of things, let’s abruptly change course and hide it and hope it goes away. And while we are hoping, let’s hope that McQueary, his dad, Dr. Dranov, Mrs. McQueary, the kid himself and towny (thrown in for good measure :cool:) and anyone else who may know don’t decide to report it and make it look like we were trying to hide a pedophile. But just to make this extra exciting, let’s report it to Jack Raykovitz and hope that he doesn’t report it either.

Curley: Brilliant Graham. Phucking brilliant! Did L. T. Young help you come up with that?

Maybe you should use smaller words?

Interesting find (saw it first on Zig's twitter feed)

LINK

according to Feb 9, 2001 Daily Collegian, there was also a hockey game that night at the Greensburg Sports Complex . . .

I'll play.

I do recommend that folks interested in this mess read the book, he is pretty comprehensive. But Mark does not discuss Jack Raykovitz, Bruce Heim, Robert Poole and Katherine Genovese - and why they allowed the rampant out of program contact by Jerry with Second Mile kids. Thusly we still aren't getting answers.

IMO the leadership of Second Mile should be out there fighting for Jerry's innocence - because obviously they practiced strict oversight of those kids with any adult connected with the charity <sarcasm font>. Jerry was clearly accessing kids, one-on-one, taking them places, having them sleep over, the babysitting, the driving over to their homes, hanging out at their wrestling matches or Little League games, the showering - exhibiting the red flags of GROOMING behavior - all this was NOT part of his prescribed role with the charity. Jack Raykovitz needs to answer for why he didn't slap Jerry upside the head - point out that what he was doing was going to end badly for him, his family and very likely the charity - unless he changed his behavior.

Whether these victims are lying, somewhat lying, partially telling the truth or fully telling the truth about sex - the fact remains that Jerry was accessing each and every one of them under the auspices of Second Mile and his conduct around these Second Mile kids, should a parent want to escalate a complaint - would be a problem. Jerry's role as a college football coach of elite adult male athletes did not include pandering to Second Mile kids and it was not up to a geratric football coach and a university athletic director to supervise him with regards to his work with Second Mile.

Jack should know damned well that Jerry was dragging all this kids home like stray dogs. Tim Curley sitting in his office that day in March 2001 was a huge red flag of the out of program contact by the charity chairman and Jack failed to address it.

Had Jack done so - Aaron Fisher never happens.

My email to Mark Prendergast: I can honestly say I have not heard anything publicly from the leadership in the past 6 years. Just Bruce Heim had come out with a crummy OpEd - which he was moved to write ONLY because he was angry about getting bumped from an honorary 50 yard coin toss - at a PSU football game. A Second Mile Board member? Honorary? At Penn State? In the very stadium whose players & program were put at risk by the NCAA because of your stupid decisions about wearing swim trunks?

These people are f*cking tone deaf.

Mark Prendergast's response to me: As I said, everyone associated with Jerry Sandusky scuttled under rocks, including even his supportive children. Everyone is afraid for their own lives and careers.

And there you have it.

Wendy. Thank you for your critique of the book and your analysis that it is comprehensive and your recommendation that anyone who is interested in this mess should read it. I agree that TSM leadership (including Jack Raykovitz, Katherine Genovese, Tom Poole, and Bruce Heim) needs to answer for their failings and take responsibility for their substandard protocols and their failure to develop protocols to safeguard the at risk youths under their care as well as the adults who supervise them. TSM leadership also needs to answer why they didn’t protect Jerry Sandusky in the first place by allowing him to be in questionable situations and, when they had reports of his possible misconduct, they then didn’t appear to stand up for him, provide him support, or presume his innocence. However this case is incredibly toxic, nobody wants to be touched by it, and there is a fear that one will be pilloried for having an opinion that Sandusky could possibly be innocent.

That being said, I believe the much bigger story by an order of magnitude from the malfeasance of the TSM is the political hit job that was done by Governor Tom Corbett with the aid the Penn State Board of Trustees that has resulted in an epic miscarriage of justice.

It seems to me like you are taking a middle ground as I don’t believe you have ever suggested that Sandusky may possibly be innocent and you state “Whether these victims are lying, somewhat lying, partially telling the truth or fully telling the truth about sex.” Let me ask you a couple of questions if I may about what I believe are some of the key issues from Pendergrast’s book:

1. Are you aware of any credible evidence that wasn’t subject to manipulation that Sandusky engaged in CSA?

2. Do you believe any of the accusers received repressed memory therapy?

3. Do you believe that Allan Myers is victim 2, the boy in the infamous Mike McQueary Lasch building locker room incident?

4, Do you believe that Jerry Sandusky deserves a new trial?

Last edited:

Here let me summarize:

Everyone knows that Graham is a thrill seeker. Just looking at him, it’s obvious he lives on the edge.

Sorry - not buying it. For your church pastor to encourage you as a Youth Leader to do this after 2000 is extremely irresponsible. Your Pastor placed you and the church at risk and you were extremely lucky. And no, it's not completely reasonable that no one would have considered it at the time - for example, I had to ascribe to signed permission forms for each and every minor I was responsible for, for each and every outing I took them on - this was back in the mid '90s with Girls Scouts.

No signed permission form from a parent - sorry your child doesn't go - even just to sell cookies at the local Wawa.

And there was NO WAY I'd ever be alone with minor. Hell, in 1993 if I had to accompany a preschool toddler to the bathroom I made sure another adult was nearby and the bathroom door was open. These kids are still toilet training, needed help, some soiled themselves, and could you imagine if one of them said to their mother "Miss Wendy touched me here"?

My point is - the kids Jerry surrounded himself with were already at risk and he was taking them home under the auspices of Second Mile, when this was NOT his role with the program. Jack Raykovitz counseled this population as part of his practice and knew their challenges. His wife Katherine was a PA certified public school teacher & she would be well aware of the protocol in public schools at the time AND what would constitute misconduct or be of risk to anyone associated with Second Mile.

It was state mandate by 1998 to implement a written safety plan - that never happened. Part of that safety plan would have included sitting Jerry down in 1998, discussing the behaviors that placed him at risk and having him change those behaviors. By implementing such a practice, the goal would be to protect the children of Second Mile from incidents of misconduct or inappropriate behavior while also protecting Second Mile staff and volunteers from false accusations.

Had Jack done that & Jerry abided by that - Allan Meyers, Aaron Fisher & the others never happen.

This Russian eagle just confessed to all of the behaviors listed by Clemente as warning signs for PoC predators.

How do you know that Costas doesn’t believe Jerry is innocent? Have you spoken or corresponded with him?

You are totally non-responsive as to your basis for why you are 100% sure that Costas did not read the book. Why am I not surprised. I am also not surprised that you don’t explain where you are coming from. I have a very strong hunch that you have no connection to Penn State.

If Costas read the book it would be prominently mentioned in the marketing materials.

If Costas read the book it would be prominently mentioned in the marketing materials.

That is pretty weak evidence to be 100% sure that Costas did not read the book.

As stated in an interview, Pendergrast stated he asked Costas if he could use his statement on the book cover, Costas said no. Apparently Costas is afraid of being pilloried for having an opinion that Sandusky could possibly be innocent.

Are you claiming that Costas never made the following statement to help Pendergrast to get the book published?

"In a way, I became part of the Sandusky story when I interviewed him for NBC soon after the allegations were made public. Sandusky's stumbling and seemingly incriminating answers convicted him in the court of public opinion and subsequently they were used by the prosecution during the trial. I am not prepared to say that Sandusky's conviction on multiple charges was incorrect. I am, however, willing to consider credible information backed by solid research. From what I have read, Mark Pendergrast has a case to make, It deserves a hearing. Many aspects of the Sandusky case, including the likely rush to judgment of Joe Paterno, should be reviewed with care. An informed public can then decide. Mark Pendergrast's book could well be a useful part of that re-examination."

If you are so inclined, and I am guessing that you won't be, please answer my previous questions regarding where you are coming from regarding your opinions in this story and if you have any connections to Penn State.

you don't know for a fact that the area around the lasch was a madhouse. Neither do I but during the middle of a concert just what do you think would be going on at the lasch building. You can barely even see the jordan center from hastings road. At night and during the winter (no leaves on trees) you could probably see it lit up but it is lit up 3-4 nights a week for every event. all this speculation about barricades and security cops etc... is just nonsense down near the lasch building. It would only be up at the jordan center itself at curtain road.

you keep quoting MM's testimony as if were all true and at the same time using it against him to say he was lying. You can't pick and choose what you want to believe from him just to support your wild speculation

The road behind the BJC is directly across from the Lasch Bldg. The road leads to parking lots on the east side of the BJC. Would that road be open, and therefore manned and possibly barricaded, for a concert?

Edit: Holuba Hall might be the bldg. I'm thinking about.

In this entire affair, there are dozens of "Trees that should be barked at".
Trees that damn near no one has been willing to examine for six years - certainly not the numerous individuals and organizations that are duty-bound to do such examinations.

And what IS garnering all of the attention?
Whether or not there was a concert at the Jordan Center?
Seriously?

I sat down and pondered four of the most memorable and impactful days of my adult life - and I know that I drove right past the Jordan Center at least four times on each of those days.
If I spent hour upon hour reflecting on those four meaningful days - I couldn't say if on any of those occurrences the Jordan Center was hosting a sold-out Beatles Reunion Concert, a national championship event in a NCAA sport, or was completely closed down for repairs.
There is no way that it would ever register a blip.
I don't imagine anyone else in the same situation would experience it any differently.

I went back and GOOGLED one of those days - to see what memorable events occurred, that I "most certainly would have attached" to that date.
As it turns out, on that date, one of the largest Investment Banking Houses in the world collapsed - due to malfeasance on the part of some of their managers. For most folks, that would never hit their radar, but in my case, that event is about as germane and memorable with regard to my profession as anything could be.
I would never in a gazillion-bazillion years have linked that event - in retrospect- as some type of "bookmark" to the memorable life events of that day. I doubt anyone else in that situation would have either.

In the meantime, thanks in part to all of the attention focused on stuff like "What event was taking place in the Jordan Center", all of the trees that should be examined?
Nothing. Zip. Nada. Zilch.
Why?
To put it most succinctly - and to steal a phrase: Because "Football". (as much as any other reason)

Carry On.

but I would also assume you wouldn't testify in court that the campus was deserted, giving a date when the campus was more than likely NOT deserted

This Russian eagle just confessed to all of the behaviors listed by Clemente as warning signs for PoC predators.

So, if someone does something that Jim Clemente lists as a warning sign for PoC predators, then they must be a PoC predator. I am not buying it. This is the type of thinking that convicted Sandusky in the court of public opinion with limited credible evidence of actual CSA.

I have been thinking about this for awhile, might as well go ahead and ask it...

General consensus seems to be that it's odd Raykovitz didn't counsel Jerry more effectively. Anyone else think that might have been deliberate not-so-benign neglect? IOW, that maybe Raykovitz and others were setting Jerry up by letting him "be Jerry" and thus putting him in a perfect position as the fall guy when the time was right? I keep thinking about Ziegler mentioning JS' naivete.

I know, "conspiracy theory" and all that. But then why take Jerry down at all, because after all by taking down Jerry they took down TSM, which was a source of political contributions, was it not? You know, some people make money (or obtain power, or whatever) by building stuff up, some people make money by tearing things down. I guess I'm thinking that what Raykovitz did, or more accurately, didn't do, wasn't by accident or neglect...I'm thinking it was deliberate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT