ADVERTISEMENT

Single Game Ticket Sales - costly

gymdad

Feb 3, 2003
Price escalation or greed?
My single game ticket sale allotted time as a season ticket holder was 12:30 yesterday. Less than 2,000 tickets for the Iowa White Out game available at that time. Price was $150 for the upper deck North End Zone. Each ticket had an additional $9 processing fee. Parking is outrageous - only available in most remote lots .price is $80 per with a processing fee of $11. Total cost is $91 per pass. Be interesting to see the resale prices this year. Additional note- learned from ticket office management recently that season football tickets SOLD OUT this year, 1st time in 13 years. Season ticket waiting list is now over a hundred. Expect more price increases next year via supply/demand economics. For those complaining about cost of streaming games seems minor cost vs attending game live.

What happened to VR 360 broadcasts of sports? We were supposed to be able to put on a headset and watch in 3D as if we were seated in the stadium.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
My single game ticket sale allotted time as a season ticket holder was 12:30 yesterday. Less than 2,000 tickets for the Iowa White Out game available at that time. Price was $150 for the upper deck North End Zone. Each ticket had an additional $9 processing fee. Parking is outrageous - only available in most remote lots .price is $80 per with a processing fee of $11. Total cost is $91 per pass. Be interesting to see the resale prices this year. Additional note- learned from ticket office management recently that season football tickets SOLD OUT this year, 1st time in 13 years. Season ticket waiting list is now over a hundred. Expect more price increases next year via supply/demand economics. For those complaining about cost of streaming games seems minor cost vs attending game live.
Keep going, with these prices we can afford to put dome over the Beav.

Reactions: bison13
I checked the ticket resellers thinking I could get Iowa tickets cheap as soon as the game was announced but I was too late. I talk to sports fans all over the country who put the white out on their bucket list. I've shown them videos of the Michigan 4OT white out that I have on my phone. So it has become a national phenomenon.

Other games, I would suggest, are best to get the day before or day of on a ticket broker. With 107k seats, somebody always comes down with the flu or an issue that causes them to not be able to attend. The Wondering Spectator tracked prices at the Rose Bowl. I sat next to a guy who told me he bought single-game tickets through Utah (he was a Ute fan). I was in some of the seats he bought and then resold. I bought them from him. Anyway, he said he lost money on the seats.

Just think….. if you bought ten tickets at that price you could trade them all for a single Taylor Swift concert ticket!

Reactions: bison13
Ticket prices for entertainment in general have gone crazy.

$91 for parking is insane. Last year OSU parking was $50.

While I love Gameday in State College, we’ve really enjoyed seeing them on the road and visiting other campuses. Generally less expensive all around with lower airfare, hotels, rental cars, tickets, and parking. But you’ll still pay hefty ticket prices for OSU and UM.

Just spent over 2K getting tickets to 3 games. Crazy and greedy at the same time.

Reactions: bison13 and psu00
Just spent over 2K getting tickets to 3 games. Crazy and greedy at the same time.
It depends on how you define greedy. The stadium upgrade is supposed to cost $800 million. Now add the cost of upgrades to Lasch & Jeffery Field. That's a lot of money to make up.

Is the sales page not working for anyone else? My window was supposed to open 3 minutes ago but it keeps giving me an access denied message.

Edit - logging out and back in resolved this. I ended up getting in a few minutes later than expected but there were still a lot of seats for Iowa left towards the back of the north upper deck.

Last edited:
I can remember when the seat price was less than $20 for every game. For some games you could get ticket for $5 in the parking lots.
The last year I bought season tickets the price I think was $54 per seat, per game in the first row of the upper deck in the south end zone. I had 4 seats there. And I also bought 8 other season tickets for family and friends in other parts of the stadium.
Now I watch in front of a 65” TV in the living room. It is 10 steps to the bathroom and about 12 steps to the refrigerator with no lines. No more 2 1/2 hour trip to State College, then the same to get home.

Agree that the prices are ridiculous at this point so I will be much less likely to go to a game with buds. But, as my kids get old enough to be able to spend an entire day there, I will gladly spend the cash to make those memories with them. Until then, we will stick to only attending basketball or something similar

I'm thinking of going to the Delaware game, since it's not available on TV? I'm in town, so the ticket(s) is all I'd need. I don't expect it to be that much given the opponent.

Yea, $30-$40 on stub hub for upper level
I'm thinking of going to the Delaware game, since it's not available on TV? I'm in town, so the ticket(s) is all I'd need. I don't expect it to be that much given the opponent.

Just a faint whisper in the wind forming. "Maybe it is time to do away with college sports."
I would agree. It is not a university’s job to provide a minor league developmental program for a professional league. Let the pros develop and fund it. Get rid of NIL. school sports should be amateurs. Thanks ncaa, and emmert.

Reactions: psu00
Ticket prices for entertainment in general have gone crazy.

$91 for parking is insane. Last year OSU parking was $50.

While I love Gameday in State College, we’ve really enjoyed seeing them on the road and visiting other campuses. Generally less expensive all around with lower airfare, hotels, rental cars, tickets, and parking. But you’ll still pay hefty ticket prices for OSU and UM.
We attend one game per year. This year, away game @ Maryland. Arriving in D.C. on Thursday before the Saturday game and making a weekend of it.

Reactions: psu00 and bison13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT