ADVERTISEMENT

Singleton and playmakers

Oh it won't be easy but Lincoln Riley especially will be under a ton of heat I'd they don't beat them immediately

Riley has already done worse at USC than he did at OU. And he still might lose 2-4 more games this year. Id say his heat is already on with Heisman Caleb the prospective NFL owner not carrying his sorry defense to victory.

I think Wisconsin can beat Ohio State Dave.

Oh wow, really? Post-PSU letdown? The road environment? Just curious.

Riley has already done worse at USC than he did at OU. And he still might lose 2-4 more games this year. Id say his heat is already on with Heisman Caleb the prospective NFL owner not carrying his sorry defense to victory.

Camp Randall, and Luke Fickell. An inherent understanding of what it takes. I'm not going to go full prediction, but I'm saying it's in play

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
Camp Randall, and Luke Fickell. An inherent understanding of what it takes. I'm not going to go full prediction, but I'm saying it's in play

I'd like to see it, but I think it has about a 7% chance of happening (1 in 14 times played).

Agreed--that seat might already being getting hot

the doom and gloom on this board is funny.

tOSU outplayed PSU on Saturday. If you didn't suspect that, not necessarily expect it but suspect it, you don't know much about football. tOSU has been and continues to be a better program than PSU and this has been the case for at least 20 years. Fundamentally, they recruit better. this gives them more playmakers and greater depth than PSU. when I looked at their 22 versus ours, we have had about six starters.

The staff was desperate. Nothing was working on offense. They tried everything. Nothing worked. Could we have recruited better? Coached better? Nobody knows. What the program has to deal with is different than every other school. right now, tOSU is a pipeline to the NFL and that is where the top players want to go. Don't believe me? Check the roster and see that of the starting 22, tOSU had just a few that are from Ohio.

The bottom line is that it is what it is. We are what our record says we are. We are simply a half step behind tOSU and probably Michigan. But this has been the case for most of the last ten years (since the scandal).
Make any excuses you want or give Ohio State any credit you want, but there wasn't that big of a talent gap. We were better in some areas, in fact. But the main reason we lost is because Allar choked in his first big game on the road. That's why nothing worked. Any time we called pass the play call didn't matter much because he couldn't pass well enough to make it work. His fundamentals went out the window, making everything much harder than it needed to be. He couldn't get out of his own way.

Iowa rode one of those post-PSU letdowns to a 55-24 beatdown of Ohio State. It can happen.

Reactions: lazydave841
Make any excuses you want or give Ohio State any credit you want, but there wasn't that big of a talent gap. We were better in some areas, in fact. But the main reason we lost is because Allar choked in his first big game on the road. That's why nothing worked. Any time we called pass the play call didn't matter much because he couldn't pass well enough to make it work. His fundamentals went out the window, making everything much harder than it needed to be. He couldn't get out of his own way.
Correct. Damn why is this so difficult for our fans to accept?

It doesn't mean he sucks. It doesn't mean he's a choker. It doesn't mean any of that. It means he was not ready for the moment.

If he learns from it, it will not happen again.

Iowa rode one of those post-PSU letdowns to a 55-24 beatdown of Ohio State. It can happen.
So did Purdue, actually Iowa did it too in 2016 the week after Michigan routed Penn State.

It happened to Minnesota in 2019, it happened to Iowa in 2021, and on and on. The post Penn State effect is very very real.

Ohio State is on upset alert this Saturday.

So did Purdue, actually Iowa did it too in 2016 the week after Michigan routed Penn State.

It happened to Minnesota in 2019, it happened to Iowa in 2021, and on and on. The post Penn State effect is very very real.

Ohio State is on upset alert this Saturday.
With a true Freshman QB and an offense that will go no where. Would be nice but don't see it happening.

With a true Freshman QB and an offense that will go no where. Would be nice but don't see it happening.
He's a sophomore but point well taken. I don't see 😞 it either but IF there is any way on God's green grass then that's how.

It was actually the opposite - they lost to Penn State 41-14 one week and beat Michigan 14-13 in Kinnick at night the next game I think.
None of this changes the fact that I look like a super genius if Wisconsin beats Ohio State on Saturday. In fact if this happens I officially change my handle to "PSUSupergenius"

He's a sophomore but point well taken. I don't see 😞 it either but IF there is any way on God's green grass then that's how.
Redshirt freshman, Braedyn Locke. Saw no action at Miss State last year. #22 QB in the '22 class. He set the Texas class 6A HS state record with 128 TD passes so he has talent. Still don't like the Badgers chances of moving the ball against OSU but we can always hope.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT